Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should The Jaguars Be Actively Shopping Shorts Right Now, Like Cleveland Is Allegedly Doing With Josh Gordon?

Quote:...WOW

What i mean is when we get our QB of the future(Stephen Morris) we don't want to give him a horrible team and hurt his development. 

BTW the corner that Philip Dorsett beat is a projected First Rounder.

Florida ran a zone and the guy Dorsett was running past in that gif is a redshirt freshman safety...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm gonna be at the game today. I'm feeling an upset for real. If Gabbert realises that he needs to play with abandon, and mjd can run well, we have a shot.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

I'm sorry mad dog but this is not a very smart post from you. Shorts is basically only in his second year (First season was a throwaway) and is a perfect compliment wr to blackmon. We will have a QB next year after the draft. You don't trade one half of your great young WR duo right before you get a QB.

Quote:TMD started this thread to get attention, and so when Shorts is on the back side of his career, or in a nasty contract negotiation he can tell everyone how brilliant he was to suggest getting rid of him when he had value. Nothing to see here but a narcissist gazing lovingly at himself in a mirror.
You mean like in his last thread, where he said he "told everyone" Luck was going to be good! Not sure why he's not  a gm yet?

of course, crickets....after people wrongly spoke of how "great" Cecil is/ was....

2 drops today that directly led to INT's. 

Blackmon is so much better than Cecil its ridiculous, and some of the fans here are ignorant for some of their pro-Cecil comments earlier in this thread. 

Once AGAIN, I was right. 

Quote: 

Once AGAIN, I was right. 
I thought you wanted to trade him?  If he's so terrible - how are they going to get anything in return?   

Wait... what were you right about again?  That Blackmon>Shorts?   Half the board felt that way before this game.  I guess we all get a cookie? 

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 01:52 AM by Unravel.)

Quote:of course, crickets....after people wrongly spoke of how "great" Cecil is/ was....

Blackmon is so much better than Cecil its ridiculous, and some of the fans here are ignorant for some of their pro-Cecil comments earlier in this thread. 

Once AGAIN, I was right. 

Okay dude, one bad game doesn't mean the guy is terrible. He's the only decent receiver we have at this point. You seem to always want to trade whatever little talent we happen to have. Are you looking for some miraculous 53 man draft that turns our roster into a guaranteed superbowl contender for a decade? I mean, I don't get it. Trading away whatever little talent we have for picks that may, or may not, pan out likely isn't going to do anything but make us even worse than we already are.

You do realize that Shorts currently accounts for 37% of our offensive yardage. If you think we're bad now, imagine how bad we'd be without his 337 yards receiving.

Quote:of course, crickets....after people wrongly spoke of how "great" Cecil is/ was....

Once AGAIN, I was right.
2nd INT wasn't off Cecil the 1st defender deflected it. He's not some elite WR but he's the best thing we have on offense right now (we'll see what happens when JB is back in) so no we don't trade him.

Cecil was significantly more contrite in his post game interview than in the previous home game. He was fully aware of his poor performance in the game.

The film don't lie. Right Cecil?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

TMD I'm not sure what you were supposed to be right about this time?

Once AGAIN, I was right. 
You're not right, and never have been right. You're a joke. 

Quote:2nd INT wasn't off Cecil the 1st defender deflected it. He's not some elite WR but he's the best thing we have on offense right now (we'll see what happens when JB is back in) so no we don't trade him.

Thats my point - Cecil is -not- some "elite" WR, but to listen to some of the bashing I got in this thread for the suggestion of dealing him, might have suggested otherwise....

I tried to make the point that Cecil was somewhat expendable because Blackmon is clearly the superior WR. - Yet we even had some in the thread that were delusional enough to think that Shorts was/ is better than Blackmon Laughing The posts are there...

Quote:Thats my point - Cecil is -not- some "elite" WR, but to listen to some of the bashing I got in this thread for the suggestion of dealing him, might have suggested otherwise....

I tried to make the point that Cecil was somewhat expendable because Blackmon is clearly the superior WR. - Yet we even had some in the thread that were delusional enough to think that Shorts was/ is better than Blackmon Laughing The posts are there...

Yeah. They're the delusional ones.

Cecil is a very good -compliment- to Blackmon...thats it. 

The irreplaceable cog of the 2 is Blackmon, not Shorts. 

Quote:TMD I'm not sure what you were supposed to be right about this time?

Who cares. He won the internet. Right now, inside a studio apartment somewhere in New Jersey...a chest is being thumped.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM by roycee.)

So you want a pat on the back for saying shorts isn't irreplaceable? Cool.

Is he replaceable? Yes he's not Megatron or Fitz caliber. you try and make it seem like its just that easy to replace a good player.

But in a passing league which is what the NFL is, why give up a solid young receiver for a draft pick that may or may not pan out in filling the pointless void you created?

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So you want a pat on the back for saying shorts isn't irreplaceable? Cool.

Is he replaceable? Yes he's not Megatron or Fitz caliber. you try and make it seem like its just that easy to replace a good player.

But in a passing league which is what the NFL is, why give up a solid young receiver for a draft pick that may or may not pan out in replacing the pointless void you created?

because the most important piece to get is the QB, and I want to ensure that we get the best one in the upcoming draft - and thats Teddy. 

Once Teddy & Blackmon are fixtures, the rest of the offensive roster (supporting cast) can be easily orchestrated. 

Quote:because the most important piece to get is the QB, and I want to ensure that we get the best one in the upcoming draft - and thats Teddy. 

Once Teddy & Blackmon are fixtures, the rest of the offensive roster can be easily orchestrated. 
After watching the team the past 4 games, I don't think the Jaguars will need to make any roster moves to assure they get the top pick in the draft.  Sorry, but even the guy you so desperately want to trade is contributing to the 1st pick lock.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:because the most important piece to get is the QB, and I want to ensure that we get the best one in the upcoming draft - and thats Teddy. 

Once Teddy & Blackmon are fixtures, the rest of the offensive roster (supporting cast) can be easily orchestrated. 

But if you've been paying attention the Jags are bad enough to get the #1 pick on their own merit.

So trading Shorts will still accomplish nothing other than creating a hole in an attempt to fill it, why not keep Shorts, keep the pick AND get Bridgewater? Because that's actually very likely and i've mentioned it before but it you seem hell bent on just trading Shorts. 

Quote:But if you've been paying attention the Jags are bad enough to get the #1 pick on their own merit.

So trading Shorts will still accomplish nothing other than creating a hole in an attempt to fill it, why not keep Shorts, keep the pick AND get Bridgewater? Because that's actually very likely and i've mentioned it before but it you seem hell bent on just trading Shorts. 

I'd wait until we play the Rams game to believe that 1st sentence. 

Also, right now it seems the Tampa Bay Bucs remain a serious threat for the first overall pick.