Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Could We Get For Csiii

Quote:Dumb idea.  For sooooo many reasons.

1. Blackmon can't exactly be counted on.

2. Monroe may be on the way out after the season meaning we'll be spending another early pick on a tackle. 

3. The list of needs on this team is REALLY, REALLY LONG!!!  Why the heck would you add WR to that list unnecessarily??? 

4. TMD just stirring the proverbial pot

5.  Cecil is a robot.

6.  If he's such a slam dunk concussion casualty - why would anyone give away a good pick for him?

7. He's a good receiver and this team went 10 years without one.

I don't disagree with any of this...I started the thread with just a question of what would he be worth in a trade. Not that we will or should trade him (as I said before...I don't think we should) I was just wondering his value..some people are unable to put a trade value on a player with the understanding it will probably never happen.

Mods feel free to delete this thread, it's causing nothing but fighting because people cannot discuss a hypothetical scenario.

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Dumb idea.  For sooooo many reasons.

1. Blackmon can't exactly be counted on.

2. Monroe may be on the way out after the season meaning we'll be spending another early pick on a tackle. 

3. The list of needs on this team is REALLY, REALLY LONG!!!  Why the heck would you add WR to that list unnecessarily??? 

4. TMD just stirring the proverbial pot

5.  Cecil is a robot.

6.  If he's such a slam dunk concussion casualty - why would anyone give away a good pick for him?

7. He's a good receiver and this team went 10 years without one.

1. Blackmon will be less likely to be suspended again than Shorts will be of sustaining another concussion.....which could easily force his early retirement, like Austin Collie. 

2. Uh, yeah....all more the reason to try and add another HIGH draft pick to do so if we can. Bridgewater + O - Tackle. 

3. WR don't win in this league QB do. The Jags had one of the best WR duo's in league history for 6 years....how many SB titles did that win?? As long as Blackmon is still here, the Jags can adequately fill around him. 

4. sure....just like 3 years ago I guess, when I called for trading MoJo.....ooops, dag-nabbit....looks like I was right again.....pretty good for "just stirring the pot" I guess....

5. yawn.

6. desperate teams do desperate things. As if you haven't seen examples of this throughout NFL trades in history? Detroit is pretty desperate for a WR right now...and they may feel Shorts would be the missing piece to compliment Megatron with. I could see them giving Jax a 1 considering how well Shorts has played the past year + 1 game. 

7. ....yep, and we have an even better one in Blackmon. 

Quote:Good wide receivers can erase mistakes. Bridgewater will make a lot of mistakes as a rookie.

You keep Blackmon and Shorts and they'll both be prime and ready to pull Bridgewater out hot water for bad throws. Especially Blackmon.

What happened to your Drugs Bunny avatar??????

I don't care if Bridgewater makes a lot of mistakes as a rookie. I don't and no one should expect playoffs in year 1 of Bridgewater....Peyton made a ton of mistakes his rookie year....thats what happens.....let him gunsling it and throw a bunch of picks, but learn as he goes. Certainly better than putting the handcuffs on your QB and expecting him to develop that way...

Switch Blackmon's name in place of CS3 and I'll be all for it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Switch Blackmon's name in place of CS3 and I'll be all for it.

Blackmon has HOF talent...Shorts doesn't. 

Three years from now you are going to be denying you ever said the above or feel REALLY stupid for saying it. 

Quote:Hahahaha!!!! I blame the browns for all these stupid threads smh.....

My initial reaction was agreement.

Then I checked the usernames of the most active in the thread, and realized it's nothing new.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My initial reaction was agreement.

Then I checked the usernames of the most active in the thread, and realized it's nothing new.

You could simply say, "Well I don't think I would trade Shorts, however your question was what would it take, so I wouldn't do it for anything less than a top 15 pick", but instead you would rather ignore the question.

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:You could simply say, "Well I don't think I would trade Shorts, however your question was what would it take, so I wouldn't do it for anything less than a top 15 pick", but instead you would rather ignore the question.

I see no logic in trading away one of the few bona-fide talents on this team.  The idea is to bring in and retain talent, not give it away.

Do what the Browns would do?  Do you really consider that a recipe for success?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 08:01 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Blackmon has HOF talent...Shorts doesn't.

Three years from now you are going to be denying you ever said the above or feel REALLY stupid for saying it.
Talent means squat when you can't stay on the field because you can't put down the bottle and/or the joint. He's one more off the field action away from a 1 year suspension.

If he continues down the same path (and history says he will) in 3 years JB will be out of the league or in rehab. See Aldon Smith.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Hey I wonder what we could get for shorts, poz, gratz, cyprien, Mojo, the stadium, and Khan! 

Quote:Hey I wonder what we could get for shorts, poz, gratz, cyprien, Mojo, the stadium, and Khan!

A ham sammich?

Quote:Talent means squat when you can't stay on the field because you can't put down the bottle and/or the joint. He's one more off the field action away from a 1 year suspension.

If he continues down the same path (and history says he will) in 3 years JB will be out of the league or in rehab. See Aldon Smith.

Dez Bryant had problems too....he seems to have straightened his act up....I guess you are saying that Justin cannot follow suit??

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 08:53 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Dez Bryant had problems too....he seems to have straightened his act up....I guess you are saying that Justin cannot follow suit??
The chances are less likely that he will. Once a knuckle head, always a knuckle head. There are countless examples of players with recurring off the field issues failing to clean up their act compared to the handful of players that actually do.

Btw Pacman is in the news again.

I hate you for this thread. I get over things quickly though

Quote:I see no logic in trading away one of the few bona-fide talents on this team.  The idea is to bring in and retain talent, not give it away.

Do what the Browns would do?  Do you really consider that a recipe for success?
No I don't consider it a recipe...which is why I said I don't want to trade him. However, if we managed to get a 1st for him and that first ended up top 15..yes I'd trade him. 

The point is people are getting all up in arms over a hypothetical, I am pretty sure everyone on this board would trade Shorts for a top 5 pick (no one knows what the pick # would be until after the season). Anyways, I am done explaining why I created the thread, I am done explaining that I dont want to trade Shorts, I am done explaining it was just a question of his value (2 firsts? A third? etc..). Apparently his value to some of the members is more than any draft could offer..which is ok. 

I have the solution to this situation that will satisfy all of us.

We trade Shorts to ourselves for our first. In doing so we get a first for a receiver that may be injury prone. We get what appears to be a legit receiver to add to our growing receiving corps. And to top it off, we still have a good pick for the upcoming draft in which we can try to find the QB that we need.

Or we can stop playing the meaningless games of 'what would x-player be worth on the trading block'.
Signature goes here.

Cecil is prob worth a 2nd, but we more than likely wouldnt get anything higher than a 3rd...

...in which I would rather have Cecil anyway.

ham sandwich

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

Quote:Maybe we are maybe we aren't. 

You probably said that trading Maurice Drew was stupid at the time, 2 years ago...

MJD is an 8th year RB, Cecil is a 3rd year WR. They are not similar in the slightest and no I would have taken a 1st/2nd for MJD a couple years back. 

Quote:Cecil is prob worth a 2nd, but we more than likely wouldnt get anything higher than a 3rd...

...in which I would rather have Cecil anyway.

Thank you! you seemed to have grasped the point in this thread, you sir will go far on this board, here's a tip whenever you see TMD post insult him you will get to be a mod in no time.  :whistling:

What people don't get if Blackmon does not get his head on straight he will be broke. He lost 10 million dollars. Trust he will.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags