Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Could We Get For Csiii

While shorts is good. No one will trade a round one pick for him. Normally have to be a house hold name to get that.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:While shorts is good. No one will trade a round one pick for him. Normally have to be a house hold name to get that.

I understand that, but that doesn't change the question. Which was, what would YOU (as the new GM) need to trade him. I know we would never get a first for him...but that doesn't change the question of his value to you. 

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:I understand that, but that doesn't change the question. Which was, what would YOU (as the new GM) need to trade him. I know we would never get a first for him...but that doesn't change the question of his value to you. 

Thats a good point. People that disagree with the idea never simply just answer the question. 

What could you get for Shorts and what I as the GM would I take to trade Shorts would be very different answers.  He's only 25, and has likely another 5 years or more of solid productivity to deliver in the NFL. Given the lack of talent on the Jags, I as a GM would not take less than a 1st round pick to even consider the offer.  If I was a different team's GM desiring Shorts, I don't think I would offer the Jags anything better than a 3rd.  

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 10:17 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:What could you get for Shorts and what I as the GM would I take to trade Shorts would be very different answers.  He's only 25, and has likely another 5 years or more of solid productivity to deliver in the NFL.  Given the lack of talent on the Jags, I as a GM would not take less than a 1st round pick to even consider the offer.  If I was a different team's GM desiring Shorts, I don't think I would offer the Jags anything better than a 3rd.  

Provided he stays concussion free. Given the fact that he's already had at least 2.....thats not a safe bet. His next concussion could send him into retirement, ala Collie. 

Quote:Provided he stays concussion free. Given the fact that he's already had at least 2.....thats not a safe bet. His next concussion could send him into retirement, ala Collie. 
That goes for every player in the NFL, not just Cecil. He's not concussion prone like Collie, players took shots at his head (I.E Patrick Chung)

Most of the time it takes a HOF QB to make a HOF WR...

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Bump.

What an idiotic thread.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Talent means squat when you can't stay on the field because you can't put down the bottle and/or the joint. He's one more off the field action away from a 1 year suspension.

If he continues down the same path (and history says he will) in 3 years JB will be out of the league or in rehab. See Aldon Smith.

Btw +1 to me.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Bump.

What an idiotic thread.

...you think that yet you bumped it up. Sounds logical. 

Quote:...you think that yet you bumped it up. Sounds logical.
I don't normally agree with TMP but he's got you there.

Agreeing with TMD over Karnn isnt really going out on a limb tbh. 

Quote:The lions are searching for a WR to compliment Calvin Johnson. I am not in favor of trading Shorts, but I was wondering what we could get for him in a trade..and if it would be worth it.

Don't even bother asking these kinds of questions on this board. Everyone WILL jump down your throat after clearly not understanding what was written.. Sorry bruh

So, if you were the GM what would you have to have to trade CS3?

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2014, 11:18 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:...you think that yet you bumped it up. Sounds logical.

Did I offend you in some kind if way? Or is it that you are trying to defend your idiotic posts in this very thread?

Quote:Agreeing with TMD over Karnn isnt really going out on a limb tbh.

[Image: pot-and-kettke.jpg]

Quote:Did I offend you in some kind if way? Or is it that you are trying to defend your idiotic post?

Um, I didn't create the post, sparky....

Quote:Um, I didn't create the post, sparky....
Quote:totally disagree....and this season should be all about making Bridgewater happen, i.e. assuring we end up (even if that means tank) with Bridgewater/ the number 1 pick.

Fail.

Quote:Fail.

This isn't my thread, genius, thats what I meant. 

You bumped a thread that you admittedly thought was stupid, and then incorrectly accused me of being the author of it. 

Quote:This isn't my thread, genius, thats what I meant.

You bumped a thread that you admittedly thought was stupid, and then incorrectly accused me of being the author of it.

I said this where? I didn't accuse you of anything. The original OP was stupid. The only thing I referenced to you was the failed #tank4teddy campaign.

Oh and being wrong on Mr. Drink, Drank, Drunk.

Ok, does everyone forget CS3 got most of his yards last year in garbage time, and was completely invisible when it mattered? 

He's not special by any means and we wouldn't be getting anything worthwhile for him. 

If we were competitive every game, it wouldn't be because of him. He's definitely replaceable. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.