Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Could We Get For Csiii

Quote:Ok, does everyone forget CS3 got most of his yards last year in garbage time, and was completely invisible when it mattered?

He's not special by any means and we wouldn't be getting anything worthwhile for him.

If we were competitive every game, it wouldn't be because of him. He's definitely replaceable.

I think its pretty much established that Cecil is at best a pretty good #2 wide out. With that said why would you trade a pretty good and young former 4th round pick for, at best, a 4th round pick?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think its pretty much established that Cecil is at best a pretty good #2 wide out. With that said why would you trade a pretty good and young former 4th round pick for, at best, a 4th round pick?

With everything we agreed on, I don't think a 4th round is worth it over garbage time production... but at the same time... more people than not predict this year to be another year of more losses than wins so if it's going to happen, now is the time. 

I personally think Blackmon WILL be playing this year, and with the improved Ace Sanders/Mike Brown, we will be much improved in the WR area. But even if JB doesn't play all year, again, we aren't suppose to be making playoffs this year anyways. 

2015, we should be making AT LEAST the wild card, so by then we should have everything fixed. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Ok, does everyone forget CS3 got most of his yards last year in garbage time, and was completely invisible when it mattered? 

He's not special by any means and we wouldn't be getting anything worthwhile for him. 

If we were competitive every game, it wouldn't be because of him. He's definitely replaceable. 
You're a joke, he burned Haden for a game winning TD, he beat Sherman for over 100 yards (before their starters got benched) and overall was solid, he had bad QB play to blame and a few uncharacteristic drops. 

If the Lions offer their first, take it with out even hesitating.

You know, TMD doesn't really deserve being bagged on by two mods and half the board who follow them like the pied piper---at least not at current.  He isn't melting down, he isn't going crazy, he's just stating his opinions.  Now, if he has another INSANE draft meltdown, maybe he'll deserve it.  But right now, it's like people are baiting him.  Entire threads turn to him.  It's ridiculous.

I mean, we necro a months old thread to make him feel stupid?  Are you guys like 4?  I guess TMD is the only person never allowed to be wrong...

Hey, we found a guy who can actually seperate from good corners half the time.  Better trade him for picks!!

Quote:Hey, we found a guy who can actually seperate from good corners half the time.  Better trade him for picks!!

BECAUZ HEE ES SEAUX BAYD!!!!

Quote:For over 5 years we had one of the worst WR corps in the NFL.. We finally struck gold and you want us to trade him? GO AWAY NOW. 

It's not gold.  He's injury prone and in my opinion overrated.  Having said that, even this franchise wouldn't be stupid enough to trade him.

Quote:It's not gold.  He's injury prone and in my opinion overrated.  Having said that, even this franchise wouldn't be stupid enough to trade him.

OMG!!  He hit his head on concrete on the practice fields and had concussion issues for the next few weeks!!  Better get rid of him!!

OMG!!  He had a soft tissue issue during the season that cost some time!!  Dump him quick before he infects the others with his soft tissue!!

You don't trade someone like Cecil Shorts.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Short's value on the open market is not nearly equivalent as his value to the Jags.   It's kind of like dating a semi decent looking chick.  She may have value to you but take her to South Beach and nobody really cares about her.

Hey, do you remember who his QB was? Do you remember what players were there to help take any of the focus off of him? Yeah...

Quote:The lions are searching for a WR to compliment Calvin Johnson. I am not in favor of trading Shorts, but I was wondering what we could get for him in a trade..and if it would be worth it.

So, if you were the GM what would you have to have to trade CS3?
They want a sammy watkins not a cecil shorts III, and we arent even sure if its the truth as GMs /owners say a lot of things right before the draft.

Quote:You don't trade someone like Cecil Shorts.

I don't know about that...

I certainly wouldn't just give him away, but if another team offered a 2nd or possibly even 3rd rounder for him, I'd take the 2nd, and really think about taking the 3rd rounder, especially if those picks were in this draft. 

Do I think it will happen? No. But in that instance I would deal him. 

Quote:I don't know about that...

I certainly wouldn't just give him away, but if another team offered a 2nd or possibly even 3rd rounder for him, I'd take the 2nd, and really think about taking the 3rd rounder, especially if those picks were in this draft. 

Do I think it will happen? No. But in that instance I would deal him. 

When you have absolutely nothing else on offense?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Hey, do you remember who his QB was? Do you remember what players were there to help take any of the focus off of him? Yeah...

Hey, I remember what Blackmon did with the same QB... what, didn't he get like 200+ yards in 2 different games? Oh yeah, that's right. How silly of you to forget. 

CS3 is a WR2 at best, deal with it. 

Quote:You're a joke, he burned Haden for a game winning TD, he beat Sherman for over 100 yards (before their starters got benched) and overall was solid, he had bad QB play to blame and a few uncharacteristic drops. 

Oh, so he had one good play against Haden, like any CB out there isn't going to give up a decent play here or there. And I'd like to see the 100 yards on Sherman, if it was actually against Sherman the entire time. Even if... even nobodies can have a good game. 

I'd like to see Shorts play more like he did in 2012 when he regularly broke off YAC. He had a sports hernia most of last year so I'm inclined to believe he can get back to a higher level of play this season.

It would take a really high 2nd for me to entertain a trade in that case, unless we don't plan on keeping him regardless.

This draft is deep at WR in the 1st & top of the 2nd round draft but do they really have a Cecil Shorts in 3rd or later rounds which is probably the highest you would get for him in a trade..

Interesting story i heard on NFL radio to keep in mind when a team drafts a player in the 1st to 3rd round they expect him to start sometime in this season and most likely cut a guy to make room for him in most cases.

If you think about Blaine Gabbert, that year they cut DG.  When they drafted Terrance Knighton we said goodbye to Big John Henderson.

a couple exceptions Maurice was drafted and Fred stayed on for two years as a duo threat running combo (meaning its not always but at the same time they cut some guy i forget who at RB when they drafted Maurice to make room.

Do you really think they would cut a WR that we all really like such as Brown if they draft a Sammy Watkins?  I wouldnt be totally shocked, but I do think Brown has a lot of promise.

We lost Allen so drafting an OLB wont necessarily mean a cut in regards to Mack.  Will the Jaguars cut a DE if Clowney is drafted (Babin)?

Quote:Hey, I remember what Blackmon did with the same QB... what, didn't he get like 200+ yards in 2 different games? Oh yeah, that's right. How silly of you to forget. 

CS3 is a WR2 at best, deal with it. 

That's Justin freakin Blackmon who is a ridiculous talent. Also, when did I ever say CS3 was a #1? That doesn't mean you move a guy when you haven't had much talent outside of Shorts at WR in how long.

But nice job assuming I said he's a #1, or he's better than Blackmon. Bravo!