Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell & Gus Bradley Time Starts When They Draft Their Qb.

Quote:How do we know? Most didn't think we would spend the 2nd round overall pick on a RT...............

We can make a logical guess based on what we know. Or we can be critical of things most likely not to happen...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And even still...at least Gene Smith's teams weren't blown out before halftime. We are about to make history people dont you see? Caldwell has done the near impossible, he's turned a team that just came off of a 2-14 season even worse. I don't understand how people can have Genesmith syndrome, (in gene we trust), with Caldwell after seeing the product on the field. How can you put blind faith in anyone after suffering thru Shack Harris and Gene Smith?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 12:39 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Lately all I've seen us draft is just names. Cyprien is showing some promise and Joekel being on this oline looks horrible. Everyone else from Sanders to Robinson McCray Evans have all looked like crap. Gratz looked solid but is already showing injury prone signs. Whose to say Bridgewater is going to resurrect this team? Is it a coincidence that the last several starters for this team have looked awful?

No pain, no gain.

Quote:And even still...at least Gene Smith's teams weren't blown out before halftime. We are about to make history people dont you see? Caldwell has done the near impossible, he's turned a team that just came off of a 2-14 season even worse. I don't understand how people can have Genesmith syndrome, (in gene we trust), with Caldwell after seeing the product on the field. How can you put blind faith in anyone after suffering thru Shack Harris and Gene Smith?

I haven't seen any in Caldwell we trust posts. Who is putting blind faith into this regime? They deserve a few years to see what they can do, any new GM does.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 01:42 AM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:How do we know? Most didn't think we would spend the 2nd round overall pick on a RT...............

After the draft Caldwell was asked if next year's draft class had any impact on deciding what positions to fill with the draft. His response?

"Of course".

As well as his previous line of how a franchise QB is the most important piece of a rebuilding team.

Quote:And even still...at least Gene Smith's teams weren't blown out before halftime. We are about to make history people dont you see? Caldwell has done the near impossible, he's turned a team that just came off of a 2-14 season even worse. I don't understand how people can have Genesmith syndrome, (in gene we trust), with Caldwell after seeing the product on the field. How can you put blind faith in anyone after suffering thru Shack Harris and Gene Smith?

Lol stop. You need to leave now. Learn what rebuilding is or stop pretending to be anything other than a casual fan.

TEST

Quote:This team is so bad I wouldn't be surprised if they lost their pen when trying to write down the player's name with the 1st overall pick.

The clock runs out for Jacksonville for the 1st overall pick and the fans are stunned but the Head Coach Gus Bradley said, " I still beleive in this team, I do.."

Quote:Lately all I've seen us draft is just names. Cyprien is showing some promise and Joekel being on this oline looks horrible. Everyone else from Sanders to Robinson McCray Evans have all looked like crap. Gratz looked solid but is already showing injury prone signs. Whose to say Bridgewater is going to resurrect this team? Is it a coincidence that the last several starters for this team have looked awful?

Just names? So Bridgewater is just a name or did he earn the attention he is getting by his play? Last time I checked these players get their so called "name" from playing hard and making plays. Making themselves a top tier player against their competition. Also you say, Sanders, Robinson, McCray, Evans suck......what did you expect PRO BOWLERS already?

Pull your head out of the sand.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 08:36 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote: The clock runs out for Jacksonville for the 1st overall pick and the fans are stunned but the Head Coach Gus Bradley said, " I still beleive in this team, I do.."
So you criticize them for not playing with heart and pride in one thread (which couldn't be further from the truth) and in 3 other threads you make fun of Gus for believing in his team and trying to improve each week.

Great thing I read on Jaguars.com. The play where Sidney Rice jumped up and aggressively caught a TD pass to put the team up 24-0 one of the rookie defenders for the Jaguars was in position, but didn't play the ball properly. Gus said he could yell at him or teach him. He decided to teach him. He then said later that game on another pass the rookie made a play by aggressively going up for the ball. That may not seem like much, but for a team that is struggling and not winning, the only thing you can work towards is getting better.

Their time started the minute they drafted a LT 2nd overall who's impact is unimportant because of the awful play at the QB position which should have been adressed at 2.1 with the acqusition of a Geno Smith. As far as I'm concerned, they have 2 more years. Fail thread.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:I'm not even sure it's that common for one person to own a team that long?
Al Davis and that clown in Dallas for some reason I can't remember his name

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 01:38 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:Their time started the minute they drafted a LT 2nd overall who's impact is unimportant because of the awful play at the QB position which should have been adressed at 2.1 with the acqusition of a Geno Smith. As far as I'm concerned, they have 2 more years. Fail thread.
I love this kind of crap! They'll be sweating bullets once they hear you've given them only two more years.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

our talent level is COMPLETELY horrible, but our coaching is horrible too and it's EVIDENT. we leave guys WIDE OPEN on defense.. We have DE's crashing down and forgetting that Wilson is a RUNNING QB......our offense has ZERO playmakers and we make SHORTS look like a legit #1. we havent had a QB worth anything since Brunell. We have had consistent horrible drafts. noone wants to come to Jax as a FA. we never make ANY trades. so we HAVE to do it through the draft and we havent been. we always pass on great players. we take linemen with our top 10 picks and JUST FORGET about the skills positions. We took Tyson early. We took Monroe early. We took Joke #2 THIS year as if thats helping us. our GMs are HORRIBLE and this "building from the inside out" method is FAILING. oh....and lets not forget the Gabbert pick

Quote:Their time started the minute they drafted a LT 2nd overall who's impact is unimportant because of the awful play at the QB position which should have been adressed at 2.1 with the acqusition of a Geno Smith. As far as I'm concerned, they have 2 more years. Fail thread.

Weren't you the guy that spent like six months trying to sell people on Tyler Bray?

Quote:We'll suffer loss after loss from the horrendous personnel & mismanagement of Gene Smith.

This year Caldwell& Gus gets a pass. Rome wasn't built overnight. We had the worst GM in the history of the NFL in Gene.

Let Caldwell build HIS team with HIS QB. The talent isn't here now. We'll have the opportunity to draft a Franchise QB in 14 (Bridgewater), hopefully

We will be a very good team I believe with Gus & Caldwell.

I disagree that they get a pass.  I think this year is where they earn their stripes in their current roles.  Landing the right QB can make marginal coaches and personnel guys look like geniuses.  Putting a foundation in place where that new QB will be plugged in is critical to the long term success of this team.  That process is underway currently, so you have to include this year as part of the judging process for these guys.  It may not matter what the W-L totals are for 2013, but you want to know your team is headed in the right direction when the season ends. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:our talent level is COMPLETELY horrible, but our coaching is horrible too and it's EVIDENT. we leave guys WIDE OPEN on defense.. We have DE's crashing down and forgetting that Wilson is a RUNNING QB......our offense has ZERO playmakers and we make SHORTS look like a legit #1. we havent had a QB worth anything since Brunell. We have had consistent horrible drafts. noone wants to come to Jax as a FA. we never make ANY trades. so we HAVE to do it through the draft and we havent been. we always pass on great players. we take linemen with our top 10 picks and JUST FORGET about the skills positions. We took Tyson early. We took Monroe early. We took Joke #2 THIS year as if thats helping us. our GMs are HORRIBLE and this "building from the inside out" method is FAILING. oh....and lets not forget the Gabbert pick

The head coach said in his post game last night that there were coaching issues they'd be addressing.

That being said, every one of the items you've listed above isn't so much about coaching as it is about a lack of talent, or inexperience with young players. 

Leaving guys open on defense is usually a blown assignment, and with younger players, you should expect to see quite a bit of that early in the season.

The same thing is true with the DEs.  List the talented ones who are simply not being schemed up correctly.  I'll wait.

This notion that no one wants to come to Jacksonville in free agency is a straw man.  If the money is right, they'll come to the Jaguars just as they would to any other team.  The upper tier free agents who manage to hit the street like Manning?  They're looking to build a legacy, so they will be looking at markets where the teams are poised to do something and only need one thing to get them over the top.  In that case, no, the free agents won't be coming here today.  But, that's rare.

I'm not sure what trades will accomplish other than giving up high value draft picks for a guy the team he's on doesn't want.  Maybe a change of scenery for a player in that situation will do them good, or maybe they're just not worth giving up picks for?  Trading players for players is rare in the league, and honestly, who do we have to offer in a trade that would really land us anyone of quality?  This is a team that's won 7 games in 2 seasons.  The talent pool is shallow, as in puddle of spit shallow right now.

This mindset that we've had "consistent horrible drafts" makes the assumption that this is going to continue.  The last 2 GMs who have a track record of questionable decisions are gone.  They're not drafting for this team right now.  And the original guy who was making the calls on draft day?  He was only marginally better once you got out of the first round or two.  He took advantage of a relaxed salary cap for the expansion teams and built something quickly, but the model was unsustainable, and we paid for that for quite a few years.  In some ways, the team has never really recovered from that run.  We've had a few blips since then, but nothing consistent. 

I love the "we always pass on great players" line.  Joeckel was one of the highest rated players in the entire draft.  We didn't reach for him.  This notion that it's bad to draft linemen in the first round shows a good deal of ignorance on your part, particularly when it comes to this team.  Does the name Tony Boselli mean anything to you?  We drafted him 2nd overall a while back.  Were you howling that we passed on some great player to get him?  Or were your diapers still securely strapped on, and your historical knowledge about this team started a few years ago?

Seems to me you felt like you needed to rant for the sake of ranting.  Otherwise, you're not a particularly savvy fan.  I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. 

I suspect that you're probably one of those Tebow homers who is just enraged that your messiah wasn't brought to the Jaguars not just once, but on 3 separate occasions.  We didn't draft him.  We didn't trade for him.  We didn't pick him up off the trash heap. Sucks to be you if that's the case. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:our talent level is COMPLETELY horrible, but our coaching is horrible too and it's EVIDENT. we leave guys WIDE OPEN on defense.. We have DE's crashing down and forgetting that Wilson is a RUNNING QB......our offense has ZERO playmakers and we make SHORTS look like a legit #1. we havent had a QB worth anything since Brunell. We have had consistent horrible drafts. noone wants to come to Jax as a FA. we never make ANY trades. so we HAVE to do it through the draft and we havent been. we always pass on great players. we take linemen with our top 10 picks and JUST FORGET about the skills positions. We took Tyson early. We took Monroe early. We took Joke #2 THIS year as if thats helping us. our GMs are HORRIBLE and this "building from the inside out" method is FAILING. oh....and lets not forget the Gabbert pick

???  We had 3 rookies playing in the secondary.  Hmmm, maybe that had something to do with guys being open.  If you are going to be critical, at least make valid points.  Any method is horrible if you don't pick good players.  Method is only as good as the players you pick.  So you are saying Caldwell is horrible after 1 draft and 1 off season taking over a 2-14 team?  

Monroe?  He is the only bright spot on our line.  Gene maybe one of the worst GM's in recent memory, but Monroe has outplayed almost everyone (if not everyone) that was picked in the top 10 that year.  I'm amazed are your level of ignorance.

3rd game and now you are calling Joekel a bust?  

I know all gator fans aren't this ignorant, but it really seems like there are a lot of the above who cheer for the orange and blue.  

Setsuna, who was drooling over Tyler Bray all over this forum and ChiefsPlanet...is now saying the GM's screwed up by not taking Geno?

I don't even...

TEST

Quote:I haven't seen any in Caldwell we trust posts. Who is putting blind faith into this regime? They deserve a few years to see what they can do, any new GM does.

I was one of the few who thought " The in Gene we trust" crowd was so wrong in their praise of him. I came up with the term "Genies"

No one is putting blind faith in Caldwell & Gus. They need adequate time to right the terrible job Gene did. We do not want a revolving door at GM/HC. I think at least 4 years is enough time excluding this year.
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Quote:Weren't you the guy that spent like six months trying to sell people on Tyler Bray?
I certainly was. Only because I was sure Chiefs were taking Geno. But when we had the prime chance to get him at 2.1 I thought for sure Jags would get him. Fail. That Joker pick crushed all optimism for the FO.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

No it doesn't.