Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guiton Sets Record.

Kenny Guiton just set an Ohio St. record for throwing 6 TDs in the first half. QB controversy in Columbus?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Judging by that FAMU defense, Ruddock probably could have had 4 TDs in that first half.

TEST

^ kind of like the defense louisville faced today

Quote:^ kind of like the defense louisville faced today

Nope. FIU's defense was terribad but the secondary was much better than FAMUs. FIU always has good secondarys.

TEST

Quote:Kenny Guiton just set an Ohio St. record for throwing 6 TDs in the first half. QB controversy in Columbus?
Absolutely not. There is a reaosn Braxton Miller was named the starter: he is the best quarterback on the team. Matt Flynn threw six touchdown passes while Aaron Rodgers sat to stay healthy. Did you, or anyone else, think there was a quarterback controversy in Green Bay after that?

Quote:Absolutely not. There is a reaosn Braxton Miller was named the starter: he is the best quarterback on the team. Matt Flynn threw six touchdown passes while Aaron Rodgers sat to stay healthy. Did you, or anyone else, think there was a quarterback controversy in Green Bay after that?

Benching a guy that threw for 5 TDs in favor of Aaron Rodgers is one thing. Benching a guy that threw for 6 TDs in favor for Braxton Miller is another. I expect Miller to start, but I bet KG get's multiple series each game.

Quote:Benching a guy that threw for 5 TDs in favor of Aaron Rodgers is one thing. Benching a guy that threw for 6 TDs in favor for Braxton Miller is another. I expect Miller to start, but I bet KG get's multiple series each game.
KG is only going to play in garbage time like he always did when Miller gets back.

Guiton for president!

In all serious he's playing well, I'd stick with the hot hand has long as possible.

Quote:Guiton for president!

In all serious he's playing well, I'd stick with the hot hand has long as possible.

Let's be real though. The hot hand if the entire Ohio State team. Most of these passes KG is making aren't anything spectactular they are just manhandling teams all over the field.

TEST

Quote:Let's be real though. The hot hand if the entire Ohio State team. Most of these passes KG is making aren't anything spectactular they are just manhandling teams all over the field.
Of course the FAMU defense made those plays look spectacular!

Quote:Let's be real though. The hot hand if the entire Ohio State team. Most of these passes KG is making aren't anything spectactular they are just manhandling teams all over the field.

I've only caught a few highlights myself but I like the way he threw the ball. It was a giant mismatch this week all around for them but does Braxton Miller lead that team as well as Guiton did today? I'm not sure he could. It will be interesting to see. I think Miller gets the job back but I also believe these past couple of weeks have made his leash shorter. If he's not getting it done Guiton will get his chance.

Quote:I've only caught a few highlights myself but I like the way he threw the ball. It was a giant mismatch this week all around for them but does Braxton Miller lead that team as well as Guiton did today? I'm not sure he could. It will be interesting to see. I think Miller gets the job back but I also believe these past couple of weeks have made his leash shorter. If he's not getting it done Guiton will get his chance.

I agree, I just can't imagine any starting QB in the top 25 ranked teams not being able to get it done with that team around them. As long as Miller isn't tossing 2+ picks a game they aren't losing anything.

TEST

Quote:I've only caught a few highlights myself but I like the way he threw the ball. It was a giant mismatch this week all around for them but does Braxton Miller lead that team as well as Guiton did today? I'm not sure he could. It will be interesting to see. I think Miller gets the job back but I also believe these past couple of weeks have made his leash shorter. If he's not getting it done Guiton will get his chance.
Remember who the last three opponents were. Would Guiton be as successful against Penn State, Wisconsin, or Michigan? Probably not.

Quote:I agree, I just can't imagine any starting QB in the top 25 ranked teams not being able to get it done with that team around them. As long as Miller isn't tossing 2+ picks a game they aren't losing anything.
Say hi to Jeff Driskel. He was terrible at Miami and not much better against Tennessee, throwing interceptions in both games. But that is not to say I think breaking his right leg was good for the Gators.

It should be obvious by watching the Buckeyes the rest of the offense makes the quarterback look better than he is. Miller was on the Heisman Trophy watch list because a lot of people still think the quarterback makes the rest of the team better when that is not always the case.

Quote:....I think breaking his right leg was good for the Gators.

You read it here first, football fans.

Another little 10..or do they have 12?? team runnning the score up against a small school team...until they get their annual Jan 1st butt kicking by the SEC. That conference is a joke!!!!

Quote:Another little 10..or do they have 12?? team runnning the score up against a small school team...until they get their annual Jan 1st butt kicking by the SEC. That conference is a joke!!!!

Gonna have to try harder than that. The SEC is 21-17 vs the Big Ten in bowl games in the BCS era. There is no doubt that in that past few years, the SEC has had the edge (7-2 in the past three years), but it hasn't been as lopsided as you want to think.