Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Colts Season Ticket Holder Reacts To The Trade And The Direction Of The Team

Agree with everything said, except top 5 RB this year. Not sure about that, but he does have the potential for that to be the case in the future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:"Going forward, the Colts now have their QB (Luck), TE (Fleener), WR (Hilton) and RB (Richardson) now set"

Luck hasn't proved himself yet despite having lots of promise.

Fleener looks a bit of a bust

Hilton looks good but is he more of a complimentary receiver?

Richardson needs to prove a lot before he can be considered set
Comparing:
Luck vs Gabbert/Henne
Fleener vs Lewis/Reisner
Hilton vs Blackmon
Richardson vs Drew/Forsett or Todman

Right now, advantage Colts, possibly x4
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

He is injury prone. Certainly not elite. Still in minority and think Browns got better end of the deal. We will see.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Jags will have the best QB in the division next season and are in the best position for AFCS dominance even though it may not appear that way at the moment.

That's what all the experts are saying too. Smile

Well turns out your D is better than I gave credit for! Good job today Colts!

Not sure you needed Richardson after watching Bradshaw today.

" get a back who apparently is limited by 8 man fronts"

And when you are stacking the box with 8 guys...  who are you going to cover Reggie Wayne, DHB, Coby Fleener and TY Hilton with?  That's 3 guys to cover 4 receivers...  probably not going well for the defense.

Quote:" get a back who apparently is limited by 8 man fronts"

And when you are stacking the box with 8 guys...  who are you going to cover Reggie Wayne, DHB, Coby Fleener and TY Hilton with?  That's 3 guys to cover 4 receivers...  probably not going well for the defense.

Hope you watched today's game. Trent didn't look any better with the supposed extra space Luck gives him.

In fact i'm more worried about bradshaw

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM by OBCF.)

Quote:Hope you watched today's game. Trent didn't look any better with the supposed extra space Luck gives him.

Richardson has had 3 days in the playbook.  Let's revisit this in a few weeks.

At any rate... my point is, if you stack the box against Richardson (or Bradshaw), Luck is going to KILL you.

You could easily stack the box against Richardson in Cleveland, because there was no passing threat there.

Quote:Richardson has had 3 days in the playbook.  Let's revisit this in a few weeks.

At any rate... my point is, if you stack the box against Richardson (or Bradshaw), Luck is going to KILL you.

You could easily stack the box against Richardson in Cleveland, because there was no passing threat there.

Reading the playbook won't make him any faster. He has very limited big play ability.

MJD has led the league before with stacked boxes. An elite RB will make good yards no matter the QB.

looking forward to next week.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Reading the playbook won't make him any faster. He has very limited big play ability.

MJD has led the league before with stacked boxes. An elite RB will make good yards no matter the QB.

And how many playoff appearances have the Jaguars had after MJD has led the league in rushing?  You can lead the league in rushing all you want.  It doesn't mean anything if you don't win enough ball games.

I realize in Jacksonville, rushing titles are more important than Super Bowl titles...  but some of us try to look at the bigger picture.

Trent Richardson is about the future.  Ahmad Bradshaw will probably be back with the Giants next year, and Donald Brown will probably be fighting with a rookie or two to be the guy splitting carries with Richardson (but that, too, is a foreign concept in northern Florida).

There is more to football than rushing for 150 yards a game (though the Colts rushed for a total of 179 vs the 49ers).

Anyway...  T.Richardson - 13 carries for 35 yards (2.7 avg); MJD - 19 carries for 43 yards (2.3 avg).  More or less a wash.

Quote:And how many playoff appearances have the Jaguars had after MJD has led the league in rushing?  You can lead the league in rushing all you want.  It doesn't mean anything if you don't win enough ball games.

I realize in Jacksonville, rushing titles are more important than Super Bowl titles...  but some of us try to look at the bigger picture.

Trent Richardson is about the future.  Ahmad Bradshaw will probably be back with the Giants next year, and Donald Brown will probably be fighting with a rookie or two to be the guy splitting carries with Richardson (but that, too, is a foreign concept in northern Florida).

There is more to football than rushing for 150 yards a game (though the Colts rushed for a total of 179 vs the 49ers).

Anyway...  T.Richardson - 13 carries for 35 yards (2.7 avg); MJD - 19 carries for 43 yards (2.3 avg).  More or less a wash.

You just made my point for me. Changing the running back doesn't make the team that much better in a passing league.

That is why you don't trade away 1st rounders for running backs.

MJD is no longer elite he's wearing down. Another reason why you don't trade away 1st rounders for beat up running backs

Quote:Agree with everything said, except top 5 RB this year. Not sure about that, but he does have the potential for that to be the case in the future.

Agreed Top 5 is a bit much. I should have said top 10 or 12.

Quote:Well turns out your D is better than I gave credit for! Good job today Colts!

Not sure you needed Richardson after watching Bradshaw today.

I was shocked! The Colts had more rushing yards than passing yards. And this was on the road at SF. This is the most impressive win the Colts have had in years. I would be lying if I said that's how I thought the game would unfold.

Statement win by the Colts today. 

Quote:Hope you watched today's game. Trent didn't look any better with the supposed extra space Luck gives him.

Bradshaw looked good. I think the trade lit a good fire under him. I wouldn't judge Richardson off of today. Heck he has only been with the team a few days. It will take 5-6 weeks to begin to see what we really have with Richardson. 

Let's not forget that the Browns certainly didn't miss him today

Quote:Let's not forget that the Browns certainly didn't miss him today

Lets also not forget they were playing Minnesota. The Vikings are another team that missed with their choice of a potential franchise QB. And at the end of the season, the Viking coaching staff will pay for it with their jobs.

Bradshaw looked beastly

Colts absolutely dominated today. First time in a very, very long time the Colts have dominated a team (especially on defense!) the entire 60 minutes. Especially the reigning NFC champions.

Very awesome to watch.

I just hope the jags are still in a game by the 4th qtr at some point this year.

That said we are going to smash your stinking overated team next week