Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tennessee-Florida Today And Nobody Is Talking About It

It barely even got discussed on local radio.

Watching College Gameday and it's barely registering a blip.

10 years ago, this was one of the biggest games of the year. How times change.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That and florida isn't an exciting team to watch.

I think Florida under Muschamp doesn't get nearly as much coverage in Jacksonville as they used to. With Tennessee being not just mediocre but bad for several years, this game is a snoozer.

The Vols are a shell of their former selves and maybe the talking heads don't think this will be a game of interest... plus the Vols are coming off a game where they really got their arses handed to them by the Ducks...in the 50+ years I've been watching Vols football...I've never seen them that out-matched in any game...

Coming off a bye week, the gators should win this game... the Vols are much like the Jags... they have been rebuilding for 6-7 years now... but like the Jags...I'll be watching and looking for any kind of improvement from them...

I hope for a good game and hope there's no injuries to either team... GO BIG ORANGE...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Too busy watching our #1 pick (Teddy) and #2 pick (Parker) go against FIU.

TEST

Jacksonville kid starting for Tennessee

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...n-peterman

;

;

Good news for Florida... Driskel is out.

Because both teams stink.

Murphy not too shabby.

Quote:Good news for Florida... Driskel is out.
You never want anyone injured.

I feel bad for him.

Murphy came in and the offense was instantly better though...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Im liking the murphy kid definitely better than driskel

Quote:I think Florida under Muschamp doesn't get nearly as much coverage in Jacksonville as they used to. With Tennessee being not just mediocre but bad for several years, this game is a snoozer.

Your prediction could not be more wrong. It was a turnover fest and Jeff Driskel's injury forced Gators fans to see his backup's first pass attempt. Also, snoozer games do not get Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, and Tracy Wolfson, the #1 college football reporting team on CBS.

Quote:Jacksonville kid starting for Tennessee

While watching Justin Worley in the second half, I wondered why Butch Jones changed quarterbacks to start the game. Nathan Peterman was awful.

Quote:Good news for Florida. Driskel is out.
How is that good news for the Gators? When they get to harder games on their schedule, if Driskel is not ready to play yet, he will be missed big time.

I seem to be getting mixed messages about him. At one point Lundquist indicated he will be ready for LSU. Later, I heard "out for the season." All Will Muschamp could say at halftime was, "He is out for the game." Wolfson said only the team knows the x-ray results, implying that is confidential information. Did I hear something wrong?

Quote:Jacksonville kid starting for Tennessee

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9701746/tennessee-volunteers-change-starting-qb-nathan-peterman'>http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9701746/tennessee-volunteers-change-starting-qb-nathan-peterman</a>

Where is he from...his player card on the ESPN site says he's from Fruitland Park...that's down by Orlando.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I believe he went to Batram Park

Bartram Trail.

I remember watching him lose to St Augustine a few years ago.

Yeah, duh. That's what I meant to say. Too much time spent driving on St Augustine Road.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Quote:Where is he from...his player card on the ESPN site says he's from Fruitland Park...that's down by Orlando.

He's from Fruit Cove.  He had a rough outing.  Between the constant pressure and the db's for UF this was not the game that should have been chosen for his debut. 

I think I also heard he hurt his hand...hopefully he can bounce back.

Quote:He's from Fruit Cove.  He had a rough outing.  Between the constant pressure and the db's for UF this was not the game that should have been chosen for his debut. 

I think I also heard he hurt his hand...hopefully he can bounce back.

Guess ESPN is trying to get him far away from anything Jacksonville...you know...cuz they love us here so much!! Lol