Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Booze Thread On New Board.

Quote:Just opened beer #1 today.  

Jags will start soon, I feel that my consumption will increase exponentially around 4:45 EST

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You should look for the thread about Vanilla flavoring being made from the excretions of Beaver Anal Glands, then this will probably make some sense.

I did, hence my vanilla reference. Did you think I made the beaver butt/vanilla connection from personal experience?

I was channeling a certain poster here, who takes things very literally.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I did, hence my vanilla reference. Did you think I made the beaver butt/vanilla connection from personal experience?

I was channeling a certain poster here, who takes things very literally.

Ah, ok then.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So you're essentially saying that Jägermeister tastes like vanilla. I've never made that connection, but to each his/her own, I suppose. Personally, I like vanilla. I sometimes like to put vanilla stalks in my sugar bowl, it gives coffee a nice flavor.

Jäger doesn't taste like vanilla...I was just trying to think of a funny way to say that the stuff tastes worse than someone's backside!!

I love vanilla too! I make my own vanilla extract...soak some vanilla beans in some vodka for about two months and you have some really yummy stuff!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Ah, ok then.

Sorry, I will never give in to pressure and use emoticons.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I love vanilla too! I make my own vanilla extract...soak some vanilla beans in some vodka for about two months and you have some really yummy stuff!! :thumbsup:

I just soak cherries in vodka for about a day, make cherry bombs

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:I just soak cherries in vodka for about a day, make cherry bombs

Supposedly soaking gummy bears in vodka is really good too...but I've never tried that!! Big Grin

My new drink of the month is Crystal Light Lemonade w/ Vodka.

Quote:My new drink of the month is Crystal Light Lemonade w/ Vodka.

Yum...that sounds yummy!! :yes:

Funny how your tastes change- Jack Daniels used to be the rage for me, now I can't choke it down.

Never liked Jaeger, thought it tastes like the old Pertussin cough medicine. I like Sambuca much better and am going through a tequila phase right now. When the snow starts to fly here, I'll switch back to the scotch collection- Laphroig and Talisker being favorites.

With beer, I buy the season: regular Coors (the Banquet Beer!) all Summer, then pale ales and Octoberfest lagers in the Fall, off to porters and higher alcohol winter beers in the Winter, then the requisite 6 pack of Irish red ale in March and back to pale ales in the Spring.

I usually buy all local products and my all time favorite is probably caramel porter from the Saranac Brewery in NY State.

When I am out, I drink Coors Light. It's OK taste-wise and the low alcohol keeps me under 0.08 or at least close.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Funny how your tastes change- Jack Daniels used to be the rage for me, now I can't choke it down.

Never liked Jaeger, thought it tastes like the old Pertussin cough medicine. I like Sambuca much better and am going through a tequila phase right now. When the snow starts to fly here, I'll switch back to the scotch collection- Laphroig and Talisker being favorites.

With beer, I buy the season: regular Coors (the Banquet Beer!) all Summer, then pale ales and Octoberfest lagers in the Fall, off to porters and higher alcohol winter beers in the Winter, then the requisite 6 pack of Irish red ale in March and back to pale ales in the Spring.

I usually buy all local products and my all time favorite is probably caramel porter from the Saranac Brewery in NY State.

When I am out, I drink Coors Light. It's OK taste-wise and the low alcohol keeps me under 0.08 or at least close.

Wow. Sounds a lot like my tastes all around with one small exception.  I gravitate to small batch bourbons and ryes rather than Scotch.  ( Although I do try to keep a bottle of Glenmorangie in the bar at home! ) 

Tonight is Lime Sherbet in Ginger ale with a splash of Vodak.

Quote:Tonight is Lime Sherbet in Ginger ale with a splash of Vodak.

What does vodak taste like?

Quote:Wow. Sounds a lot like my tastes all around with one small exception.  I gravitate to small batch bourbons and ryes rather than Scotch.  ( Although I do try to keep a bottle of Glenmorangie in the bar at home! )
Steer me to some bourbon/rye names that you like, the tequila recommendations are working out well. I did buy a small bottle of Woodford Reserve this Summer when I was in St. Aug for the 2 months. Is that a small batch bourbon? I did like it but it's not a Summer liquor, IMO. I hadn't bought any bourbon in years and splurged for the Woodford (I think it was maybe $10- for a half pint).

I couldn't name a rye- Seagram's 7 maybe?

A friend shared a pint of lemonade moonshine with me today, and I must say it is one of the smoothest liquors I've ever tasted. I don't know who made it, but the same person also makes an excellent apple pie moonshine.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Steer me to some bourbon/rye names that you like, the tequila recommendations are working out well. I did buy a small bottle of Woodford Reserve this Summer when I was in St. Aug for the 2 months. Is that a small batch bourbon? I did like it but it's not a Summer liquor, IMO. I hadn't bought any bourbon in years and splurged for the Woodford (I think it was maybe $10- for a half pint).

I couldn't name a rye- Seagram's 7 maybe?

Regardng bourbon; The Woodford Reserve isn't really a small batch per se, but it's very good. Another that I would suggest to you, even though it isn't bourbon, is George Dickel #8. It's an incredibly smooth whiskey that very few people know about. Two others that you may like are Buffalo Trace and Four Roses; I prefer the Buffalo Trace myself, but you may think differently.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:What does vodak taste like?

Like nothing if you mix it right. :teehee:

Quote:Regardng bourbon; The Woodford Reserve isn't really a small batch per se, but it's very good. Another that I would suggest to you, even though it isn't bourbon, is George Dickel #8. It's an incredibly smooth whiskey that very few people know about. Two others that you may like are Buffalo Trace and Four Roses; I prefer the Buffalo Trace myself, but you may think differently.
Four Roses kind of surprises me. I remember that in my father's liquor cabinet and always thought it was just a cheap, blended whiskey. A buddy over in Vermont always swears by Dickel.

Quote:Like nothing if you mix it right. :teehee:

I've never had the stuff...I have however had vodka before. :whistling:

I want to thank everyone for participating in this peer group experiment. I have finalized my retirement plan ... Wherever the Jaguars move to next, I am going to buy all the Liquor stores closest to the stadium before someone else beats me to it.