Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Booze Thread On New Board.

Quote:I want to thank everyone for participating in this peer group experiment. I have finalized my retirement plan ... Wherever the Jaguars move to next, I am going to buy all the Liquor stores closest to the stadium before someone else beats me to it.

So you're going to be living on your Social Security is what you're saying? :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Supposedly soaking gummy bears in vodka is really good too...but I've never tried that!! Big Grin

Soak it in something fruity like parrot bay. I did for the home opener and put them in my ziplock for the home opener. Those gummies can hold a lot of liquor. By half time you'll be feeling lovely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Soak it in something fruity like parrot bay. I did for the home opener and put them in my ziplock for the home opener. Those gummies can hold a lot of liquor. By half time you'll be feeling lovely.

They don't go all mushy?

Quote:So you're going to be living on your Social Security is what you're saying? :whistling:

Is that a new weapon? Can I even find ammo for it?

Quote:Four Roses kind of surprises me. I remember that in my father's liquor cabinet and always thought it was just a cheap, blended whiskey. A buddy over in Vermont always swears by Dickel.

My view on liquor is really simple; if you like it, drink it. If you don't like it, buy a round for the girl two barstools down.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I've never had the stuff...I have however had vodka before. :whistling:

The you aren't doing it right.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vodak

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The you aren't doing it right.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vodak'>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vodak</a>

Nope...I'm a tequila kind of girl!! Big Grin

Quote:Nope...I'm a tequila kind of girl!! Big Grin

Be still my beating heart... :woot:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Steer me to some bourbon/rye names that you like, the tequila recommendations are working out well. I did buy a small bottle of Woodford Reserve this Summer when I was in St. Aug for the 2 months. Is that a small batch bourbon? I did like it but it's not a Summer liquor, IMO. I hadn't bought any bourbon in years and splurged for the Woodford (I think it was maybe $10- for a half pint).

I couldn't name a rye- Seagram's 7 maybe?
Rye whiskey is much like bourbon only distilled from a higher percentage of rye grain over corn. (bourbon is corn and rye also - but not as much rye)

Great Ryes :     Bulleit   - Michters -   Rittenhouse   -  Sazerac   -  Templeton  - Prichard's tennessee rye -   and good ole Dickel

Woodford is a very good bourbon.  Others I like:  Blanton's  -  Bulleit  -  Dickel #12 (not 8)  -  Basil Haydens  -  Booker's

There is an interesting small batch (every bottle hand numbered) company called "High West"  that makes an American / Scotch whiskey blend that you may dig. 

Its called High West Campfire. 

If any whisky lovers feel like salivating.... check out the list for the place I'm working tonight:

http://www.theflatironroom.com/whiskey/

If you ever have the opportunity to sample Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year old bourbon, do not pass it up. For one thing, you may never get another chance, as only very limited quantities are distributed every year. At one of the few liquor stores in Nashville that carry the brand, the line that forms every winter the days before the announced release date rival those you see for new iPhones. And it ain't cheap.

It is without a doubt the finest bourbon I've ever tasted, and at 95.6 proof it has a kick. The 20 year old (90 proof) and 15 year old (107 proof)  versions are worth trying too, and more accessible and affordable, especially the 15 year old.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Rye whiskey is much like bourbon only distilled from a higher percentage of rye grain over corn. (bourbon is corn and rye also - but not as much rye)

Great Ryes :     Bulleit   - Michters -   Rittenhouse   -  Sazerac   -  Templeton  - Prichard's tennessee rye -   and good ole Dickel

Woodford is a very good bourbon.  Others I like:  Blanton's  -  Bulleit  -  Dickel #12 (not 8)  -  Basil Haydens  -  Booker's

There is an interesting small batch (every bottle hand numbered) company called "High West"  that makes an American / Scotch whiskey blend that you may dig. 
Its called High West Campfire. 

If any whisky lovers feel like salivating.... check out the list for the place I'm working tonight:
http://www.theflatironroom.com/whiskey/
The Flatiron Room looks cool, like it has $100,000 in whisky inventory alone. I can't imagine what they charge in NYC for some of the ones listed.

Quote:If you ever have the opportunity to sample Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year old bourbon, do not pass it up. For one thing, you may never get another chance, as only very limited quantities are distributed every year. At one of the few liquor stores in Nashville that carry the brand, the line that forms every winter the days before the announced release date rival those you see for new iPhones. And it ain't cheap.

It is without a doubt the finest bourbon I've ever tasted, and at 95.6 proof it has a kick. The 20 year old (90 proof) and 15 year old (107 proof)  versions are worth trying too, and more accessible and affordable, especially the 15 year old.
I called the local guy here and he says that they have tried to get some PVW bourbon in the past but there's never enough supply to reach the New England area. You may have to make your way to a Jags Game and bring a bottle, I'll supply a game ticket.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Whoa...killing time before going to work and read that the "Dream Whiskey Tasting" session at the Flatiron Room costs $1400 for 6 oz of whiskey plus cheese and charcouterie (appetizers type foods I think). I might just stay at the Elks. Smile
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

i seem to not like jager

Party this weekend?

[Image: barrel-of-whiskey.jpg]

That's a lot of Jack Daniels....... And yes, I prefer the single barrel over old #7

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

$193.20 a gallon if that barrel is 50 gallons.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Or $38.64 a 5th, which is about right

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Evidently that price for Single Barrel is low, it's usually around 11.5k for a barrel from the distillery.

Quote:Evidently that price for Single Barrel is low, it's usually around 11.5k for a barrel from the distillery.

Better it two...it's on sale!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Or $38.64 a 5th, which is about right

Why would anyone buy 1/7 of there weekly consumption at a time? It sounds like you could use a boozilator app ... It's a program I invented to maximize your alcohol budget.