Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Monroe to Denver

I like it.

The Jags need to counter the Browns move to stay the worst team in the NFL.
Its the QB stupid!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We can get a 3rd for Anger  :whistling:

I wouldn't do that. Can you find a LT the quality of Monroe with a late 1st round pick? Probably not. Our line already stinks enough and we've got plenty of cap room, so I don't want to trade one of our best players in his prime. 

What is with some of you people? 

A.  The Broncos have to be interested. 

B.  I doubt they would offer a first round pick for Monroe. 

C.  Our Oline is bad enough even with Monroe. 

D. OP look what you wrote and read how silly it sounds.  Monroe has under achieved in his first TWO GAMES. 

Is that what we want now?  To trade everyone the second they don't play lights out?  It is getting a little ridiculous. 

Quote:What is with some of you people? 

A.  The Broncos have to be interested. 

B.  I doubt they would offer a first round pick for Monroe. 

C.  Our Oline is bad enough even with Monroe. 

D. OP look what you wrote and read how silly it sounds.  Monroe has under achieved in his first TWO GAMES. 

Is that what we want now?  To trade everyone the second they don't play lights out?  It is getting a little ridiculous. 
Yes. 

Get rid of the one guy on the team that CAN block?

No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 03:30 AM by NH3.)

Why in the HELL would you want to trade Monroe PERIOD???

Underachieved to what extent? He's been the only Stedfast lineman thus far. We're trying to build an championship caliber organization here people. I understand that this is his last contractual year but let's consider resigning him vs trading him...

WHERE'S MY EMOTICONS??? ;-)

NH3...
"AZANE"

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. There is an opinion out there among some fans that Monroe is gone after this year because the new regime is not going to want to pay him the cash to keep him here vs FA market.

If that is the case (I'm not sure it is) then absolutely move him during the season while we can still get something in return.

We could probably sign a serviceable RT in free agency to hold over for 1-2 years while we find someone else in the draft, I don't thnk we would immediately draft another tackle with the other glaring needs on offense.

At some point, you must stop blowing it up, and actually begin rebuilding.  Trading Monroe would be a continuation of blowing it up, something we've already done billiantly. Perhaps a little too brilliantly.

Time to rebuild.

Then we could draft Clowney and Manziel! :teehee:

Unfortunately, there is no way Denver makes a trade like that just to "rent" Monroe for a season.

Quote:I was actually thinking about this yesterday. There is an opinion out there among some fans that Monroe is gone after this year because the new regime is not going to want to pay him the cash to keep him here vs FA market.

If that is the case (I'm not sure it is) then absolutely move him during the season while we can still get something in return.

We could probably sign a serviceable RT in free agency to hold over for 1-2 years while we find someone else in the draft, I don't thnk we would immediately draft another tackle with the other glaring needs on offense.
And thus our sub-par play continues because we keep settling for "serviceable" rather than elite.

This whole idea of trading off our best players to tank the season is knee-jerk and ridiculous. You don't create need on a team that is already so needy.

No one knows for sure if Cleveland is trying to throw their season to get Bridgewater. One thing is for sure, though, getting into a battle to purposely lose may get a player in the draft but will ultimately undermine an organization. It's not smart long-term strategy, it's lazy thinking. If you want to draw welfare because it pays more than minimum wage, then go sign up for your draft EBT card. I shall go to work. Want to bet who comes out ahead in the long run?

Quote:And thus our sub-par play continues because we keep settling for "serviceable" rather than elite.

This whole idea of trading off our best players to tank the season is knee-jerk and ridiculous. You don't create need on a team that is already so needy.

No one knows for sure if Cleveland is trying to throw their season to get Bridgewater. One thing is for sure, though, getting into a battle to purposely lose may get a player in the draft but will ultimately undermine an organization. It's not smart long-term strategy, it's lazy thinking. If you want to draw welfare because it pays more than minimum wage, then go sign up for your draft EBT card. I shall go to work. Want to bet who comes out ahead in the long run?

Well put.  Beyond the Bridgewater hype, there are many QB's in this coming draft that look to be franchise caliber, we don't necessarily have to shoot for the #1 pick to get a great QB.  Let's just hope our scouts and GM are able to recognize the best talent.  I thought 2013's draft class was pretty solid, let's see what we can do in 2014.

Sux we're already talking about the draft in MAY during week 3 of the season...  Wallbash  Are we still scheduled to play or did Goodell give us a bye for the rest of the season?

Quote:And thus our sub-par play continues because we keep settling for "serviceable" rather than elite.

Maybe I wasn't clear but my post had nothing to do with tanking for a draft spot at all.  

My point was if you have already decided you are not going to resign a free agent, try and get some value out of them instead of letting them walk cleanly in FA.

Nah, Monore can still be apart of the future here.  Would rather not have to burn the pick we would get for him on his replacement, seems redundant.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:Maybe I wasn't clear but my post had nothing to do with tanking for a draft spot at all.  

My point was if you have already decided you are not going to resign a free agent, try and get some value out of them instead of letting them walk cleanly in FA.
You're right. It all wasn't aimed at you. I used your post as my soapbox to address the rest of the thread. Sorry.

No way i trade him... We are gonna need some good blockers for a real QB once  TEDDY COMES TO TOWN!

Quote:Maybe I wasn't clear but my post had nothing to do with tanking for a draft spot at all.  

I can agree with that, but there are variables that need to be considered.  I would hope that the front office hasn't decided that they aren't going to re-sign Monroe-- especially this early in the season.  Monroe has value for this team in a position and squad we need to rebuild.  Dumping off monroe to then try to find another player to pick up isn't rebuilding.  It's zero sum, and I don't think it's best for the future.  But that's just me.

Conversely, your concept applies pretty well to MJD as is being discussed in another thread.

Monroe is only 26 years old, and is a serviceable left tackle.  Resign him and the position is set for the next 5 years.  Do not trade him. 

Ok, who would be on board with the Jaguars trading Eugene Monroe to the Broncos straight up for Ryan Clady?  The Broncos get a healthy LT near the same level as Clady and the Jaguars can tank this year without Monroe, but get Clady back next year who hopefully will be as good or better than Monroe, plus a good contract that would end up being like 4 years 36 million after Denver eats the guaranteed money according to Spotrac after this season.

I doubt the team has decided they won't re-sign Monroe.

;

;