Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Monroe to Denver

depends on how well JDR promotes monroe to fox and elway.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd rather re-sign Monroe. 

Quote:Monroe and MJD for Den. 1st round pick and Monte Ball

Sounds good until you realize that Ball can't pass block AT ALL

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2013, 11:42 AM by GreeceMonkE.)

As much as I would want a trade like this to happen.....It wont.

Denver just gave Clady a new contract. They aren't going to trade for a player that will need to be resigned to a similar deal, esp is Clady's loss doesn't severly effect their team.

Now it could be a possibility if Peyton starts getting sacked alot the next few games and Denver also loss those games and doesn't put up points like it is accustomed to. But I doubt that will happen with Peyton at QB.

PS. The team you would want to trade with in this scenario is the Steelers. They have playoff aspirations and need to have a spark right now and their offensive line might even be worse than ours, and Mike Adams is garbage. We could probably get a 1st and 2nd round pick from the Steelers for Monroe. And if they still had a bad season we could potentially have (2) top 10 picks, and possible (2) top 5 ones.......

Monroe and Anger for a 1st and 3rd round pick.

Quote:The Broncos will be desperate to find a replacement for Ryan Clady. This could be their year to return to the Super Bowl and must find an adequate left tackle to protect Manning's blind side. I had hopes that Monroe and Joeckel could be excellent bookends for the next 5 years, but Monroe has underachieved again in the first 2 games. He's still a talent who would be motivated by going to a winning team. Why not offer the Broncos Monroe for their number 1 pick in 2014 (a very late pick) and either another pick in the 3rd round or a young  player who could start right away for the Jags and be part of their re-building for the future ? Since the Broncos Super Bowl window will only last for another couple of years, they must take an offer like this seriously.

The secondary benefit of this trade is that it looks like the Browns are serious about getting the number 1 pick for next year. Their trade of Richardson makes them even money to have a worse record than the Jags. By inserting Bradfield for Monroe, this would give us the edge over Cleveland. I pull for the Jaguars to win every week, but I'd rather they end up 2-14 with the first pick than be 4-12 with the 4th or 5th pick for the obvious reasons. Bridgewater or Clowney would look great in a Jaguar uniform.

It's not a bad idea, BUT, why would they want to fork over a valuable draft pick for Monroe, when he's in a contract year, and with Clady already tied up into a heavy contract as well? Just doesn't make much sense economically. I just don't see this happening, no matter how desperate they are. They'll figure it out. Manning will adjust. It's not like Manning had elite LT's in Indianapolis. People seem to forget that. And it's really a wash when you consider that his defense is much better in DEN than anything he ever had in IND, and that he's also got some pretty gifted receivers to throw the ball too as well. And the AFC West, despite SD's sudden emergence, and KC's 2-0 start, it's still a weak division if you ask me. OAK won't do anything. We all know that. And it's only a matter of time before Rivers reverts back to his INT ways.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The idea behind this post is not to really trade away Monroe. It is to acquire the #1 pick, if you lose Monroe you are giving up your best player (which is also what the browns just did), by losing that player you probably won't be winning any games.

I think if the Jags are even going to consider this they should consider just throwing the games, that way we wont lose a good player...while still ensuring we get the #1 pick. I think that we should keep Monroe..but I also think we shouldn't win any games this year. It is very hard to say that but I remember a few years back when the Jags won the last game of the year and they handed the Colts the #1 pick by that "victory" and now the Colts are fighting to be the best team in the division while we still suck. 

I think the browns have 4 real winnable games for them..they play the Jags and they play the steelers twice and they play the jets. If we do get the the #1 pick they might be willing to trade a kings ransom to get it, we might lose out on bridgewater but if this draft is that deep at QB..it could be exactly what puts us in the playoffs in 2014. 

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

As noble an idea as this might seem to be, the odds are pretty strong that Monroe will receive a contract extension from the organization. 

I don't see them trading him away when they're already going to be forced to replace 60% of the offensive line in order to fix what is wrong there.  He is still a young player who is established as one of the best LTs in the game right now.  Those don't grow on trees.  Look how long it took for us to find a guy we could rely upon.  It took Monroe a while to become the player he is today.  Now that he's starting to establish himself, people want to hand him his walking papers and start all over?  Why?  Because we hope Joeckel can be a good LT right out of the gate once Monroe is gone?

I know it's great fodder for fans to suggest we should trade just about any player who represents quality to this team, but I really think Monroe is probably one of the cornerstones of the rebuilding process regardless of having Joeckel on the roster.  Having two quality offensive tackles is something that will be needed moving forward, especially if we do indeed draft a franchise QB in May. 

Will he be an expensive re-sign?  Absolutely.  So what?  Is it your money?  The team has the cap space to pay him whatever fair market value will be without any cause for concern. 

Barring health issues, Monroe is just entering the prime of his career.  He could realistically be a fixture on this line for another 5 years.  Why would we trade him away and then have to turn right back around and find a replacement at OT when we have a proven entity on the roster?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Let's not deplete our already depleted o-line. 

Quote:At some point, you must stop blowing it up, and actually begin rebuilding.  Trading Monroe would be a continuation of blowing it up, something we've already done billiantly. Perhaps a little too brilliantly.

Time to rebuild.
EXACTLY !!!

sell high on monroe.  he could be a top LT in this league, but its a function of who he is protecting. 

I'm always up for trading players for draft picks.  HOWEVER, Im wary of trading away our young LT.  I'd rather pay him big time money to keep him... even if his status as an elite LT is debatable.

Saying that i would still consider an offer depending how much is dangled in front of us.  I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that have a lot of quality depth along the interior.  And if they would offer a 1st rounder, maybe another pick and a player we could plug in immediately along the interior, I would consider it.

I LOL at people who are saying Joeckel doesn't look comfortable at RT. Of course he doesn't. He's two games into his rookie season while making the transition from college LT to NFL RT. People expect immediate results from everyone. Jeez!

Also, totally against this idea. Monroe and Joeckel are the bookend tackles we need. The problem is the interior of the line. Just because the Browns made this trade, doesn't mean the Jags have to do something similar.

It just doesn't make sense unless there was a better option available.  Unless the team wants more draft picks for the 2014 draft and the jaguars hope to spend some money on a FA LT.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I look at the roster, and barring this years draft picks (simply exluded because it's so soon, you aren't sure what you have yet), there are no players I'd be unwilling to trade. We have -nobody- who is a must keep player. Nobody.

I agree its time to move on from Lewis at TE.  Im not ready to move Monroe just yet.  When we get our QB in the next draft, were gonna need our O-line to be there.

A franchise tackle for the 32nd pick in the first round? No thanks.

TEST

Monroe is good and has been pretty healthy his entire career.

NO

Quote:As noble an idea as this might seem to be, the odds are pretty strong that Monroe will receive a contract extension from the organization. 

I don't see them trading him away when they're already going to be forced to replace 60% of the offensive line in order to fix what is wrong there.  He is still a young player who is established as one of the best LTs in the game right now.  Those don't grow on trees.  Look how long it took for us to find a guy we could rely upon.  It took Monroe a while to become the player he is today.  Now that he's starting to establish himself, people want to hand him his walking papers and start all over?  Why?  Because we hope Joeckel can be a good LT right out of the gate once Monroe is gone?

I know it's great fodder for fans to suggest we should trade just about any player who represents quality to this team, but I really think Monroe is probably one of the cornerstones of the rebuilding process regardless of having Joeckel on the roster.  Having two quality offensive tackles is something that will be needed moving forward, especially if we do indeed draft a franchise QB in May. 

Will he be an expensive re-sign?  Absolutely.  So what?  Is it your money?  The team has the cap space to pay him whatever fair market value will be without any cause for concern. 

Barring health issues, Monroe is just entering the prime of his career.  He could realistically be a fixture on this line for another 5 years.  Why would we trade him away and then have to turn right back around and find a replacement at OT when we have a proven entity on the roster?

You put that ignorance to bed.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM by Mr Sensible.)

He is arguably the best player on the team and injuries allowed he has at least another 5 years at the top of his game.

Never say never, but I'd need a crazy offer to even consider it.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.