Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trent Richardson to Colts For First Rounder

Quote:"The Battle for Bridgewater"

One of the few battles where the loser wins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 07:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well some Browns fans are angry/sad that Richardson is gone because: "He's a top 5 RB in the NFL, god the Browns are stupid". 
Yeah, I am not understanding that. Richardson has yet to play anything close to a top 5 back. To be honest the more you think of it, the Browns seemingly did well here. Perhaps its a trade that actually does help both sides pending what Richardson gives the Colts. 

Quote:That makes the Jags/Browns game a little more exciting. I thought last weeks game was the game for number one pick

I forgot we play them...jeez....I have this awful feeling we win that game... Sick

Quote:One of the few battles where the loser wins.

yep, and the "winner" loses....

Why we never make moves like this is beyond me. At least you know what you're getting and not wasting it on a lineman

Why we never make moves like this is beyond me. At least you know what you're getting and not wasting it on a lineman

"I wanted Trent"

Quote: 

I forgot we play them...jeez....I have this awful feeling we win that game....

Yeah, I feel that way too.

Quote:"I wanted Trent"

Your my favorite player

Top 3 pick for a mid-late round pick sounds like a steal

Quote:Why we never make moves like this is beyond me. At least you know what you're getting and not wasting it on a lineman

Why in the world would this team trade for Trent Richardson? Who else could they have traded for thst you wanted them to?

Our first next year is going to be a top pick. You don't trade those away in week 3. This team needs to keep all of their picks.

What are Indy doing?? Who trades a 1st rounder for a running back, however young he is?

Quote:What are Indy doing?? Who trades a 1st rounder for a running back, however young he is?

I think it's a good move for them. They obviously think they are pretty close. I think both teams come out ahead in the long run. More so the colts.

This trade baffles me.  Why did they not like Trent?  Or do they simply want to tank?  I dont know.  It's just weird.

Quote:I think it's a good move for them. They obviously think they are pretty close. I think both teams come out ahead in the long run. More so the colts.

A young Adrian Peterson I would consider trading a first for. Not sure anyone else is worth it. Particularly as it's likely to be a mid 1st round pick.

Colts aren't that close either IMO

Quote:If we finish last in the standings as I expect us to I don't think it will be a problem. Now the real question is if the Browns offer multiple first round picks and various others (see Rams Redskins trade) to move up in our slot do you take it?

That's a very good question. They now have 2 1st rounders, 2 3rd rounders and 2 4th round picks.

Quote:Must start Gabbert!!!   They're coming for our Teddy bear.

My first thought, too. They're going all in for the 2011 Colts plan. They'll make sure they're 0-16 and they play against us. Look for that game to feature especially bizarre circumstances as they try to lose against a team that has no business winning a game.

WOW

Quote:A young Adrian Peterson I would consider trading a first for. Not sure anyone else is worth it. Particularly as it's likely to be a mid 1st round pick.

I agree with them not being as close. But they must think they are. I think the biggest issue I have with it is that it is pretty bad trade for the jags. Gives he colts a good young RB and hurts our chances for first pick next year.

It's not Browns wanting to tank, it's the Colts wanting the Browns to tank! Colts don't want us getting Teddy Sad

They are trying to steal our Teddy!

Quote:A young Adrian Peterson I would consider trading a first for. Not sure anyone else is worth it. Particularly as it's likely to be a mid 1st round pick.

I dunno...whenever you have a QB that good, you're always at least "somewhat close" already...

I agree that I don't think we've seen all that much from Richardson so far in his career....

As long as we lose to the Browns in the meaningless regular season game in a few weeks, everything will be fine.