Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trent Richardson to Colts For First Rounder

Quote:The Indianapolis Colts pulled off a stunning trade Wednesday afternoon, sending their 2014 first-round draft pick to the Cleveland Browns for running back Trent Richardson.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl...e/2834297/

Stunning.
BUT...BUT...BUT... this is a passing league now... why do you need a RB...they are a dime a dozen...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They are trying to out suck us for number one pick. We need tebow to out suck them.
The Tebowites were right, the prophecy is true..............he is the only one who can save us now!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:BUT...BUT...BUT... this is a passing league now... why do you need a RB...they are a dime a dozen...

Exactly, the Browns saw their error and dumped him for a pick that will easily be 14 to 18 spots lower than what they paid for him just a year ago. In exchange they'll have ammo to move around and grab the QB they want in the next draft. The Clots already have their passer, they need pieces to go with him. This isn't complicated.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Exactly, the Browns saw their error and dumped him for a pick that will easily be 14 to 18 spots lower than what they paid for him just a year ago. In exchange they'll have ammo to move around and grab the QB they want in the next draft. The Clots already have their passer, they need pieces to go with him. This isn't complicated.
So...every team that's drafted a 1st round RB should trade them... wonder what time this year the Vikings will part ways with their old used up RB...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
;

Crazy move.  If he works out the colts will look smart.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Browns are a joke

Richardson was facing 8 in the box all last year with a horrible offensive line and still did decently.

This season Brandon Weeden has already been sacked 11 times in 2 games which is why he got injured.

Richardson will be much better in Indianapolis due to having a good QB and not seeing a stacked box every play. Teams will also stop blitzing Luck like crazy due to a decent running option now. 

This could be the 2nd coming of Manning/Eggerin James with Luck/ Richardson.

Meanwhile Browns will get a 1st round pick probably in the 18-20 range.

Browns got worked. The colts came up big time, got a proven above average rusher for a late first. Tanking for Teddy.

I don't think Cleveland is tanking.  Their defense has been solid enough to keep them competitive.  They will win some games before this is all done.

They have a couple dates with Pittsburgh in what appears to be a long season for the Steelers.  There is no way the Browns would think about throwing games in that rivalry.

Time will tell but I think Cleveland was lucky to get a 1st rounder out of the deal. 

You have just reminded me that Whimper was our best TE the last couple of years

The Browns just fired a warning shot across our bow for whose going to get first pick in the draft next year. "Nobody tanks a season like the Browns... NOBODY!" -Michael Lombardi

Looks like the Browns are after Johnny Football. Why else would they want a low 1st round pick?

The Browns did not get worked, it was a mistake to draft Trent Richardson 3rd overall to begin with, a runningback has to have a RARE combination of vision, speed, power, quickness, and lateral agility (an Adrian Peterson clone) to warrant going that high. Trent Richardson never possessed those elite traits for the Browns to make such a pick, I'm shocked the Colts gave up a 1st round pick for him, they are a lot more than a runningback away (Imo) from being considered a serious contender.

Quote:Browns got worked. The colts came up big time, got a proven above average rusher for a late first. Tanking for Teddy.

Quote:The Browns did not get worked, it was a mistake to draft Trent Richardson 3rd overall to begin with, a runningback has to have a RARE combination of vision, speed, power, quickness, and lateral agility (an Adrian Peterson clone) to warrant going that high. Trent Richardson never possessed those elite traits for the Browns to make such a pick, I'm shocked the Colts gave up a 1st round pick for him, they are a lot more than a runningback away (Imo) from being considered a serious contender.

Exactly what I thought. The Colts GM got awards for being the best GM last year, but it was completely unwarranted. Anyone could have drafted Andrew Luck. Nothing else he has done has been impressive, and this move stinks of desperation. I have no idea why a team would trade a first round pick for a running back at all to begin with, but Richardson wasn't even close to worth his draft position. The drafting of Richardson and Weeden in the first round last year by the Browns was all the signal anyone should have needed that the regime in charge then had no clue how to evaluate talent or build a team.

Quote:The Browns did not get worked, it was a mistake to draft Trent Richardson 3rd overall to begin with, a runningback has to have a RARE combination of vision, speed, power, quickness, and lateral agility (an Adrian Peterson clone) to warrant going that high. Trent Richardson never possessed those elite traits for the Browns to make such a pick, I'm shocked the Colts gave up a 1st round pick for him, they are a lot more than a runningback away (Imo) from being considered a serious contender.
I agree with this one.   RBs are a dime a dozen and Trent Richardson has a history of injuries and ran behind an NFL type line at Bama.

Quote:Exactly what I thought. The Colts GM got awards for being the best GM last year, but it was completely unwarranted. Anyone could have drafted Andrew Luck. Nothing else he has done has been impressive, and this move stinks of desperation. I have no idea why a team would trade a first round pick for a running back at all to begin with, but Richardson wasn't even close to worth his draft position. The drafting of Richardson and Weeden in the first round last year by the Browns was all the signal anyone should have needed that the regime in charge then had no clue how to evaluate talent or build a team.

Agree here on the colts. Fleener and Allen have been unimpressive as well and Heyward Bey is apparently still Heyward Bey dropping tons of passes. Even this year them taking Werner to be a 3-4 OLB when he was a strict 4-3 DE at FSU was puzzling and he has been bad so far. A bit old but still aplies 3 games in :

Sports Illustrated's Greg Bedard doesn't think the Colts "are going to get the impact they hoped for from first-round pick Bjoern Werner this season."
Per Bedard, Werner has looked "extremely ordinary," has "average burst at the snap" and "hasn't shown many pass-rush moves" in the preseason. Although Werner had 13 sacks for Florida State last season en route to ACC Defensive Player of the Year honors, his game tape showed the lack of edge explosion Bedard is referring to. Werner will start the season as a backup as he adjusts to the outside linebacker spot. Aug 27 - 9:33 AM

<div><b>Source:</b> SI.com

That said the browns are still worse.
</div>

Quote:Exactly, the Browns saw their error and dumped him for a pick that will easily be 14 to 18 spots lower than what they paid for him just a year ago. In exchange they'll have ammo to move around and grab the QB they want in the next draft. The Clots already have their passer, they need pieces to go with him. This isn't complicated.

Their biggest issue wasn't overdrafting Richardson... he was still a talent.  Their mistake was wasting their pick on Weeden.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Browns got worked. The colts came up big time, got a proven above average rusher for a late first. Tanking for Teddy.
I don't think the Browns got worked one bit... they now have 7 draft picks in the first 4 rounds next year... now if their GM knows how to draft...they will come out ahead next year...
;
;

I like the trade more for the Browns. Get the picks and build through the draft. I was a fan of Grigson's first draft. But I cannot say that he has done much since and it shows on the field.

;

;

Quote:Browns are a joke

Richardson was facing 8 in the box all last year with a horrible offensive line and still did decently.

This season Brandon Weeden has already been sacked 11 times in 2 games which is why he got injured.

Richardson will be much better in Indianapolis due to having a good QB and not seeing a stacked box every play. Teams will also stop blitzing Luck like crazy due to a decent running option now. 

This could be the 2nd coming of Manning/Eggerin James with Luck/ Richardson.

Meanwhile Browns will get a 1st round pick probably in the 18-20 range.
MOJO has been facing that for years...just like Fred Taylor had to when he played here... MOJO has played behind bad QB's but he still managed to win the rushing title in 2011...I wonder what he would have been like playing with a team like Indy or the Pats...
;
;

Great move for the Colts in my opinion. Browns are tanking it.