Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:Nor can a top-tier defensive end. Clearly.

Your argument, not mine.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Okay, champ.

I just want Teddy on this team
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I want any legitimate franchise QB on this team, Teddy or otherwise.

I want the best legitimate franchise QB available to us personally.  Hopefully Dave Caldwell will figure out who that is. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I want the best legitimate franchise QB available to us personally.  Hopefully Dave Caldwell will figure out who that is. 

The gem of the 2011 draft so far is arguably Dalton.  R2/P35.  So, "best" doesn't necessarily mean first overall selection.  That's the danger of putting the power in the pick.  The power is in the evaluation, not the draft position.

Quote:The gem of the 2011 draft so far is arguably Dalton. R2/P35. So, "best" doesn't necessarily mean first overall selection. That's the danger of putting the power in the pick. The power is in the evaluation, not the draft position.

I'd prefer Cam over Dalton. Dalton is just a game manager on a great team.

Everyone agrees with your point in evaluation. We all think Teddy is worth the top pick. Don't just take one to take one.

Quote:The gem of the 2011 draft so far is arguably Dalton.  R2/P35.  So, "best" doesn't necessarily mean first overall selection.  That's the danger of putting the power in the pick.  The power is in the evaluation, not the draft position.

I don't think Dalton is really a franchise Quarterback, and I don't think he'll ever be a Top 10 QB in this league.  I'd take Newton over Dalton even now.  Neither of them would get many wins with the Jaguars at this point -- but I think Newton would get more. I won't be too surprised if Newton wins a playoff game before Dalton.  Even if it takes him longer to get to the playoffs.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I want any legitimate franchise QB on this team, Teddy or otherwise.

Are you on board with Teddy now? Thats cool. 

Quote:The gem of the 2011 draft so far is arguably Dalton.  R2/P35.  So, "best" doesn't necessarily mean first overall selection.  That's the danger of putting the power in the pick.  The power is in the evaluation, not the draft position.

That pretty much tells you how bad that QB class was if Andy stinking Dalton, mr game manager himself, is the "crown jewel" of that class so far....

Quote:Are you on board with Teddy now? Thats cool. 

I'm not sold that he'll be who he's being advertised as.

That being said... I've never been a "no" guy, but I've always been a Clowney guy if the choice was between the two for first overall.

But that's just me.  Opinions may and will vary.

Dalton has seemed to reach a peak at this point and id easily take Newton over him even now.

That said its Bridgewater>>>>everyone else and i like Hundley and Mariota. I just dont see any of the other Qbs making the kind of progress during the season to knock him from the top spot.

Other than arm strength (which isnt weak BTW) Bridgewater doesnt have any weaknesses. Just spots where he's good and then great but no actual bads.

GImme the franchise changing QB over the game changing DE anyday.

Quote:I'd prefer Cam over Dalton. Dalton is just a game manager on a great team.

Everyone agrees with your point in evaluation. We all think Teddy is worth the top pick. Don't just take one to take one.

Dalton=Schaub=Alex Smith=Garrard. All of them are game mangers who will do well if they have the talent around. Without the superb talent, none of them would be that good. All of them will probably keep you in the 7-9 11-5 range with an exception of having a great season (Garrard's 18-4 TD/INT year)

Quote:Dalton has seemed to reach a peak at this point and id easily take Newton over him even now.

That said its Bridgewater>>>>everyone else and i like Hundley and Mariota. I just dont see any of the other Qbs making the kind of progress during the season to knock him from the top spot.

Other than arm strength (which isnt weak BTW) Bridgewater doesnt have any weaknesses. Just spots where he's good and then great but no actual bads.

GImme the franchise changing QB over the game changing DE anyday.

agree 100%

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Yes, waste time dabbling with the Andy Daltons of the world when a Teddy Bridgewater or even a Tajh Boyd is available.

Not a big fan of Cam Newton, but he took over a 2-14 team that has been stuck in cap hell for several seasons now due to their genius front office locking up (and overpaying) the core of said 2-14 roster. He's better right now than Dalton and has a much brighter future.

Quote:Yes, waste time dabbling with the Andy Daltons of the world when a Teddy Bridgewater or even a Tajh Boyd is available.

Not a big fan of Cam Newton, but he took over a 2-14 team that has been stuck in cap hell for several seasons now due to their genius front office locking up (and overpaying) the core of said 2-14 roster. He's better right now than Dalton and has a much brighter future.

Just curious, if I said that next season Jacksonville could go in with A.J Green and Andy Dalton or Tajh Boyd and Cecil Shorts, what would you pick?

Matt Schaub and J.J. Watt or Tajh Boyd and Andre Branch?

What exactly are these questions supposed to reveal?

Teddy reminds me of Donovan McNabb if I were to pick a straight up NFL comp.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Teddy reminds me of Donovan McNabb if I were to pick a straight up NFL comp.

He reminds me of Marino in the pocket.