Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stand United

I'm with you Tim I've been through the good and bad with the jags but I'm a fan for life

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1.  It's not that bad...  I was just thinking last night, remember that lions team a few years back?  They were so bad, the QB actually ran out of the end zone for a self safety.  So we're in a better spot then them. 

Plus the scotch on Sunday's helps. 

2.  A QB is definately the priority in 2014's draft.  Not sold that Bridgewater is the lock some here think he is.

They can go 0-16 and they will still be my team.

Trot Stanzi out after the bye week and you can probably use him while you build the roster next year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I think what gets most fans is the vicious abuse the franchise and its city receives from the media.

What gets me is the vicious abuse the franchise and its city receives from certain portions of its own fanbase. You know the ones I mean; the ones who savaged the previous staff for leaving us with a worthless roster, and two games into the next season are calling for the heads of the new staff for not winning games with said worthless roster.

Quote:No matter how bad things may get with this team, those of us who have been here through thick and thin will continue to support this team.

The first two games have certainly been a test for most, and the frustrations we all feel are only natural. But, a time will come when this team is on the upswing, and success returns. These challenging times will make it all that much sweeter.

Patience is going to be required, but I continue to remain optimistic we have the right people in place to address the years of abuse this team has been subjected to. It won't be a quick fix, but most things worth having take time to develop.

It's not a pretty picture right now, but it will get better.
I've been here this whole time, and have no plans of ditching my team. 

It will get better. 

Like my old sig said...Its all about the QB. Get a very good one next draft and most of the problems are solved. 

Hopefully, they will make the change from inept to fully functioning just like this forum.

I'm quite OK with the season --- I really wanted the #1 pick but I guess it comes with a 16 weeks of pain.  As I stated before, I'd rather be picking #1 then to be slotted down at #6 with a few meaningless wins at the end of the season.

Quote:I'm quite OK with the season --- I really wanted the #1 pick but I guess it comes with a 16 weeks of pain.  As I stated before, I'd rather be picking #1 then to be slotted down at #6 with a few meaningless wins at the end of the season.

Exactly. 

A few less meaningless wins a few seasons ago, and Andrew Luck would be our starting QB right now. 

The people that argued in favor of those wins at the time look really foolish now as we suffered for 2 more seasons because of it. 

Bite the bullet, get the number 1 pick, and take Bridgewater. Most of our problems will be over. 

Quote:I've been here this whole time, and have no plans of ditching my team. 

It will get better. 

Like my old sig said...Its all about the QB. Get a very good one next draft and most of the problems are solved. 
You mean the same sig you have right now? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm with you Tim I've been through the good and bad with the jags but I'm a fan for life

Took the words right outta my mouth.    GO JAGUARS!

Quote:You mean the same sig you have right now? 

well, yeah....that one. I hadn't noticed it transferred over when I wrote that. 

Unfortunately my avatar didn't transfer over...

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM by David4499.)

Until we get Blackmon back and MJD get a few less defenders stacked in the box... we're going to function like a Penny Stock.

Lost my Avatar as well.....

And a few Posts.... weird :confused:

GO JAGUARS!!!!!!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:They can go 0-16 and they will still be my team.

This.

I will always love and follow this team, no matter what.

All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Do you guys have to turn every thread into a Bridgewater campaign?
I know right? i mean isnt that what the chargers thought about Leaf when they got him. Hes the one he has it. what if Bridgwater doesnt have it, and its all an illusion. :teehee:

Quote: 

Bite the bullet, get the number 1 pick, and take Bridgewater. Most of our problems will be over. 
I was totally sold on Bridgewater but may be waivering a big right now due to his lack of running.  Andrew freaking Luck even ran for 255 yards last year and now has 76 yards this season while our QBs (Henne & Gabbert) lack instinct and think they are the next coming of Payton Manning and could not run to save their own life !!!!   Bridgewater and Aaron Murray have zero rushing yards whereas Tajh Boyd is multi-dimensional.   I'll be watching Boyd very closely vs FSU and South Carolina ....

The Indy demise and subsequent Luck pick still kills me !!!

Quote:I know right? i mean isnt that what the chargers thought about Leaf when they got him. Hes the one he has it. what if Bridgwater doesnt have it, and its all an illusion. :teehee:

Wasn't Ryan Leaf's problem his work ethic?

If we draft another QB that turns out to be a dud, this Franchise will be in even bigger trouble than they are now. So I'm not sure what's funny about that.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I know right? i mean isnt that what the chargers thought about Leaf when they got him. Hes the one he has it. what if Bridgwater doesnt have it, and its all an illusion. :teehee:
Great timing -- see my post above.  

I made some post on Facebook (something to the affect that this rebuild isn't for weak fans, stand behind your team, putting things in perspective...).  Anyways, one of my fellow Jag friends told me who flew out to Oakland for last Sundays game, headed to Seattle for this weeks game, headed back to Jax for home game and going to London for 49ers game.  That is hardcore!