Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stand United

Quote:Would you give up rounds 2-7 this year plus next years #1 to have both top draft spots this year and take Bridgewater and Clowney?

No.  This team has too many other holes that need to be addressed.  As nice as that would be to find a QB and a guy who can get to the QB in the draft, sacrificing the rest of the draft for 2 players for a team that's in the middle of a major rebuild doesn't seem prudent.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No matter how bad things may get with this team, those of us who have been here through thick and thin will continue to support this team.

The first two games have certainly been a test for most, and the frustrations we all feel are only natural. But, a time will come when this team is on the upswing, and success returns. These challenging times will make it all that much sweeter.

Patience is going to be required, but I continue to remain optimistic we have the right people in place to address the years of abuse this team has been subjected to. It won't be a quick fix, but most things worth having take time to develop.

It's not a pretty picture right now, but it will get better.
I will always love and support the Jags. If for no other reason, it makes the bibbers so angry. They really are predictable.....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I don't know where this myth perpetrated from that Andrew Luck can't run...I remember them pointing out prior to the draft that he was indeed a great athlete and had several really long runs at Stanford. 

Plus, if you watched Bridgewater over the last several years, he doesn't run because he's so good with his arm.....but this isn't a Leftwich clone, he most certainly has the ability to run for the first down (quite nimbly actually) when he has to. 

This is a fallacy that I have already disproved. Bridgewater threw 14 TDs and 12 INTs his first year.... I think there were plenty of instances for him to make plays with his feet that year... he didn't.

He's got an NFL arm. He will be an average runner in the league. There are 10+ QBs in the NFL that were better runners than Bridgewater. They all could make plays with their arms, too, but made many.. MANY more plays than TB with their feet Unless you are going ot try to tell me Aaron Rodgers didn't have a big college arm? Luck? etc. etc. etc.

I love Jags and will always be a fan, but this has been the hardest season to watch (even if its only 2 games in) by far.  I started watching Jaguars in 2002 and have been season ticked holder since 2004 and this is the the worst Jaguars team I have seen since then  There is just no competition coming from our side at all.  I knew that it would be a bad/slow season for us but I had no idea it was going to be this bad.  I think things will get better once we get Blackmon and Lewis back, but all I want to see at this point is that we develop couple of players on this roster.  Mostly I want to see Joeckel and Cyprien take a next step and become franchise players for us.

Also I like what I have seen from Geno Hayes so far, if we can get production out of him it would be a huge addition to an already thin LB core.  

Besides that our DB's (beside Cyp) is garbage, no D-Line, MJD is at the end of his career and its showing, no QB, no RB, we are solid at WR, TE will be fine once Lewis is back, O-Line has no depth (Meester should be cut as soon as possible).

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:"It" being a wig and a dress?  Probably.

It's amusing how some folks latch on to a single QB tighter than to their mother's milk and decide there's no other option.
What other options that you are seeing right now in college football that can help this franchise turn around quickly?

Quote:What other options that you are seeing right now in college football that can help this franchise turn around quickly?

You are literally the only poster I know that thinks it is necessary we "win right away". Most realastic posters realize we are 2+ years away from competing.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:This is a fallacy that I have already disproved. Bridgewater threw 14 TDs and 12 INTs his first year.... I think there were plenty of instances for him to make plays with his feet that year... he didn't.

He's got an NFL arm. He will be an average runner in the league. There are 10+ QBs in the NFL that were better runners than Bridgewater. They all could make plays with their arms, too, but made many.. MANY more plays than TB with their feet Unless you are going ot try to tell me Aaron Rodgers didn't have a big college arm? Luck? etc. etc. etc.

My point is he wasn't running because he was unathletic or not quick like Leftwich or Gabbert. They both run like they have a piano tied to their backs. I've seen Bridgewater run for first downs. He's a fluid runner. He just chooses not to run a lot. 

As another poster said - I think it was the guy with the Drugs Bunny avatar (where Bugs looks like he's stoned)...Bridgewater is very "Marino-like" in the pocket how he's able to make those subtle movements to avoid the pass rush while exuding very little physical effort on his part. Thats a rare quality in QB's and one that I'll certainly take over being a running QB. 

Considering Bridgewater's talent passing the ball, I really REALLY think some of you are nitpicking by citing this apparent "negative" for Bridgewater. 

Posted this in another topic I read on here about QB's... But have any of you thought about Keith Price? He is the QB for the Washington Huskies, in his Senior year. He will be draft eligible, had a sensational 2011 showing, had issues in 2012 (although the UW O-Link blew chunks) and is looking back in form for 2013, and has Russell Wilson mentoring him.

Worth a look. He is the real deal.

Quote:My point is he wasn't running because he was unathletic or not quick like Leftwich or Gabbert. They both run like they have a piano tied to their backs. I've seen Bridgewater run for first downs. He's a fluid runner. He just chooses not to run a lot. 

As another poster said - I think it was the guy with the Drugs Bunny avatar (where Bugs looks like he's stoned)...Bridgewater is very "Marino-like" in the pocket how he's able to make those subtle movements to avoid the pass rush while exuding very little physical effort on his part. Thats a rare quality in QB's and one that I'll certainly take over being a running QB. 

Considering Bridgewater's talent passing the ball, I really REALLY think some of you are nitpicking by citing this apparent "negative" for Bridgewater. 

Bridgewater is fast and atheltic. His 40 time is impressive. He just isn't as mobile as posters make him seem. I think he is a great prospect because of his arm and pocket presence, but he is not "as mobile as Russell Wilson" as some posters are saying.

I was originally tunnel visioned on Bridgewater but I'll be watching Tahj Boyd very closely against FSU and South Carolina.

The fact that Gabbert and Henne have the mobility of a 38 year old Payton Manning is really making me think about getting someone that can MAKE PLAYS and keep the defense honest about watching the run or pass from QB.   It kills me when I look at Andrew Luck running for 255 yards last season and 76 so far this year and then I look at our Scared Gabbert barely even looking to make a play outside of the pocket.

Lots of work to do bolstering such a weak roster over the next couple of years  - but it will get better.   I'm not going anywhere.  We'll be back in the playoff hunt in a few years and I'll be loving every minute of it. 

Your right that Bridgewater isn't as mobile as Wilson or even Lick. Keep in mind that he doesn't do design run so we hardly see him take off and run. But he is very athletic and mobile enough to pick up some first downs when the pocket and play break down.

Quote:Bridgewater is fast and atheltic. His 40 time is impressive. He just isn't as mobile as posters make him seem. I think he is a great prospect because of his arm and pocket presence, but he is not "as mobile as Russell Wilson" as some posters are saying.

I agree with you there. 

Quote:Your right that Bridgewater isn't as mobile as Wilson or even Lick. Keep in mind that he doesn't do design run so we hardly see him take off and run. But he is very athletic and mobile enough to pick up some first downs when the pocket and play break down.

But again, Bridgewater has an advantage that I don't see any of these QB's have - he has the subtle in the pocket movements like Marino had to help offset the pass rush. He doesn't have to run for the first down as often as some of these QB do. He'll buy time in the pocket often long enough until a he sees a lane to throw and then with his great accuracy, often complete it. 

Quote:Your right that Bridgewater isn't as mobile as Wilson or even Lick. Keep in mind that he doesn't do design run so we hardly see him take off and run. But he is very athletic and mobile enough to pick up some first downs when the pocket and play break down.

Yes, that is much better. I can co-sign this. I had an issue with people saying he can "pick up 10-20 yards easily" and "he is as mobile as Russell Wilson".

Quote:Damn, how "disappointed" would the people on this board be if they draft Clowney with the first overall pick and miss out on Bridgewater?
Draft Clowney , then come back and get Conner Shaw. :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Draft Clowney , then come back and get Conner Shaw. :thumbsup:

If Clowney has to get offseason foot surgery, I wouldn't want to draft him 1st overall. That would cement the Bridgewater selection for me, if it already wasn't cemented. 

Quote:I don't know where this myth perpetrated from that Andrew Luck can't run...I remember them pointing out prior to the draft that he was indeed a great athlete and had several really long runs at Stanford. 

Plus, if you watched Bridgewater over the last several years, he doesn't run because he's so good with his arm.....but this isn't a Leftwich clone, he most certainly has the ability to run for the first down (quite nimbly actually) when he has to. 

Yes it was. Plus he was a headcase. Think Johnny Maziel. 

Bridgewater is the anti-Leaf. Great talent, great football smarts, and great work ethic. 

kinda like Andrew Luck huh?...how'd that one turn out?...

Only a jackass would compare Luck's draft hype/status to Bridgewater's.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What other options that you are seeing right now in college football that can help this franchise turn around quickly?

Another two years of good draft clasess and free agency.  About 20 additions, not solely one.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Only a jackass would compare Luck's draft hype/status to Bridgewater's.

...only a jackass would want to select a DE above a franchise QB in the draft. 

Quote:...only a jackass would want to select a DE above a franchise QB in the draft. 
Have to agree, at least in our case.