Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watching the Raiders last nite...

...i'm just imagining all the things that could have been for the Jaguars.  Khalil Mack.  Derek Carr.  Amari Cooper.  All draftable by us.  Even JDR (oh i forgot, we ran him out of town for Mike Mularkey, who isn't looking that bad either).  Instead we have Bortles, Joekel, Fowler, etc.  and Bradley.  Depressing.

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What they're doing is what we were supposed to be doing.

Coach woulda put me in 4th quarter....we would have been state champs.  No doubt in my mind.

Huh

Yeah it's frustrating for sure. We're not the only team that blew that though. Cleveland and Minnesota also selected the wrong QB in that draft. Derek Carr is exceptional. The more I watch this kid play the more disgusted I become with Bortles. LOL. 

But he just gets it done. I do agree with Amari Cooper. I was crying and screaming on this message board last year for us to select him. I don't like defenders out of Florida. I never have. And I never will. Cooper was a great prospect coming out of Alabama. One hell of a route runner, great hands and technique. He certainly would have made our receiving corps even better in 2015. Now that Lee's staying healthy it's a great thing. But we could have had Cooper, Robinson, Hurns & Lee between last year and this year. 

Either way. It's almost over. Just hope and pray whoever the General Manager is, whether it's Caldwell being retained or a new face in town that we get the right coaching staff here in place in about six to eight weeks. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Very dissapointing.

Perfect example as there ever was of Players, not coaches.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: hi-res-6945468_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Perfect example as there ever was of Players, not coaches.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/21042-rex-ryan-2-8-jaguars-are-the-best-two-win-team-ive-ever-seen/#entry898080'>https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/21042-rex-ryan-2-8-jaguars-are-the-best-two-win-team-ive-ever-seen/#entry898080</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I was thinking of starting this same topic while watching the game last night.  I'd also like to add a question to the topic which is:  As a Jags fan, do you find yourself rooting for the Raiders a little bit now that we're no longer competing with them as an up and coming team? We've selected ahead of them in the last few drafts right?  So we could have the core of their roster had we wanted it instead of what we now have.  Also, they've been bad for so long like us it's nice to see a changing of the guard so to speak.

I feel like Jags fans should just imagine that the silver in their uniform is teal.  It might be therapeutic.

Idk why everyone wants amari so bad lol

we didnt need a receiver, if we should have drafted someone it should have been leonard

Quote:Idk why everyone wants amari so bad lol

we didnt need a receiver, if we should have drafted someone it should have been leonard

Tend to agree. Not to go all Vic on anyone, but you can find receivers (the Jags have - three of them), but QBs and pass rushers ...

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Idk why everyone wants amari so bad lol

Yeah I'm not specifically upset about Amari when our receivers are probably the biggest strength on the team and had we drafted Amari we'd likely be looking at letting someone good at WR walk in free agency at some point.  I'm just saying and agreeing with the OP that as a whole, the Raiders are what we were supposed to be this year and we could have very likely drafted their core of players instead of ours over the past few drafts.  I know Jack was out of time here when he was let go, but you can't ignore the fact that they're doing this with our old coach as well.

Derek Carr looks good. Wish we had him. Throws an accurate deep ball.

Quote:Tend to agree. Not to go all Vic on anyone, but you can find receivers (the Jags have - three of them), but QBs and pass rushers ...

I agree. Carr and Mack along with coaching and what they've done with that O-line are the biggest differences. I really don't think this team would be any better with Copper on it.

Carr looked good, but you know they also barely beat the tinhorns and that was with all the very questionable calls going their way.

No Fun

Quote:Carr looked good, but you know they also barely beat the tinhorns and that was with all the very questionable calls going their way.
I think the worst thing going for the NFL right now is the ridiculous rules, and the even more ridiculous referees trying to enforce the rules. I have seen some terribly officiated games over the last 2 years. It is diminishing the product on the field.  

Carr is OK. He isn't the next coming like the media are trying to make him out to be IMO. The Raiders and Cowboys are the epitome of what happens when you have a solid O-Line.

Quote:Carr is OK. He isn't the next coming like the media are trying to make him out to be IMO. The Raiders and Cowboys are the epitome of what happens when you have a solid O-Line.
Agreed, the 2 best olines in the league. Looking back we probably should of taken Brandon Scherff