Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-16-2021, 12:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 11:17 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That wouldn’t be Deacon, would it?

SF said Deacon doesn't want anything to do with us anymore. Harumph.

Last time I talked to him (pre-covid) he was down here for work and we had a very liquid night out haha.

Seems like he's doing really well up North though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm watching some of the funeral for Prince Philip. The military pomp and ceremony are very impressive. No one does it better than the British.

(04-17-2021, 10:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm watching some of the funeral for Prince Philip. The military pomp and ceremony are very impressive. No one does it better than the British.

I am watching it and am having an unexpected emotional reaction.

(04-17-2021, 10:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm watching some of the funeral for Prince Philip. The military pomp and ceremony are very impressive. No one does it better than the British.

It was very well done. Prince Charles looked so grief stricken and the Queen looked so small and frail. That was heartbreaking for me me to see.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 09:06 PM by Jags.)

So I go in to buy a truck today.  They did in fact have the trucks I saw last time.  I didn’t realize they were so “bare bones”.  Doesn’t matter much except that I may be using this (don’t tell the IRS) for personal reasons at times.  Didn’t realize they were manual windows and locks. They have 5 other trucks with power windows,locks and mirrors! Sweet!  Apparently they’ve been spoken for.   So I didn’t get the truck.  But I may have found part time help in the process.  I’d rather full time help.  But I’ll take part time.  Big man works in mysterious ways indeed.

Side note, I worked them down to what I thought was a fair price.  I wasn’t feeling it. So my dad in his wisdom, knowing my situation, says “if you don’t love it, don’t buy it”.  That’s great dad.  Thanks for the tip! So I look for a truck “I Love”.  Well, that damn truck is in Tampa and costs 60k.  I’m not handing that over to an employee.  And I’m torn on getting it for myself and taking my personal truck (which is not exactly a hoopty” to give them.  

Pretty much I feel I have a plan for the company but can’t get a damn thing done to fulfill it.  I know I’m not alone.  It’s frustrating.  But I’ve had many frustrations over my lifetime so I’m not shocked or disappointed.  Just gotta get past this hurdle.

I mean, you can give me your truck. Smile

(04-17-2021, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote: So I go in to buy a truck today.  They did in fact have the trucks I saw last time.  I didn’t realize they were so “bare bones”.  Doesn’t matter much except that I may be using this (don’t tell the IRS) for personal reasons at times.  Didn’t realize they were manual windows and locks. They have 5 other trucks with power windows,locks and mirrors! Sweet!  Apparently they’ve been spoken for.   So I didn’t get the truck.  But I may have found part time help in the process.  I’d rather full time help.  But I’ll take part time.  Big man works in mysterious ways indeed.

Side note, I worked them down to what I thought was a fair price.  I wasn’t feeling it. So my dad in his wisdom, knowing my situation, says “if you don’t love it, don’t buy it”.  That’s great dad.  Thanks for the tip! So I look for a truck “I Love”.  Well, that damn truck is in Tampa and costs 60k.  I’m not handing that over to an employee.  And I’m torn on getting it for myself and taking my personal truck (which is not exactly a hoopty” to give them.  

Pretty much I feel I have a plan for the company but can’t get a damn thing done to fulfill it.  I know I’m not alone.  It’s frustrating.  But I’ve had many frustrations over my lifetime so I’m not shocked or disappointed.  Just gotta get past this hurdle.

Trucks (and tractors) are getting a little pricey these days.

I'm shocked a vehicle can still be purchased without power windows and locks.

Before Ford Rangers went out of production a few years ago before being revived, an old coworker of mine who avoids change and refuses to try anything new, wanted to replace his 10-year-old 5-speed plain white Ranger with steel rims, manual windows and locks. All they had on the lot were Rangers with colorful paint and the modern accoutrements. Nope, he would have none of that. He ordered, at additional cost, a fleet style Ranger that was equipped exactly like his old one.

This is the same guy who bought a new watch to replace his old one, when it eventually stopped working someday, because the new one looked exactly like the old one.

I wish I had a urinal in my house.

(04-18-2021, 04:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wish I had a urinal in my house.

I put one in on the ranch, so useful!

I’ve been wanting to do that for years. A nice full length opulent one.

(04-15-2021, 06:07 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Hey HB. 

Did you watch them fly the chopper?

Hopefully it flies tomorrow morning. 

How to watch the Mars helicopter Ingenuity's first flight online | Space

(04-18-2021, 08:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 06:07 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Hey HB. 

Did you watch them fly the chopper?

Hopefully it flies tomorrow morning. 

Sweet, thanks. I'll try to catch it.

(04-18-2021, 06:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I’ve been wanting to do that for years. A nice full length opulent one.

A full length floor model!  Man, that would be so nice.  One of my problems is that my house was built in the 70s, so the bathrooms are small, and don't have room for any more fixtures.  The other problem is, of course, you know who.  The wife.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 07:08 AM by homebiscuit.)

(04-18-2021, 11:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 08:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hopefully it flies tomorrow morning. 

Sweet, thanks. I'll try to catch it.

It successfully flew. It may fly a couple more times and then left to molder as the rover moves on for its mission.

ingenuity-flight.gif (1000×557) (techcrunch.com)

(04-19-2021, 06:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 06:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve been wanting to do that for years. A nice full length opulent one.

A full length floor model!  Man, that would be so nice.  One of my problems is that my house was built in the 70s, so the bathrooms are small, and don't have room for any more fixtures.  The other problem is, of course, you know who.  The wife.

Sell her hard on the idea that she’ll never have to worry about the seat being left up again!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 08:55 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-19-2021, 08:30 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 06:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: A full length floor model!  Man, that would be so nice.  One of my problems is that my house was built in the 70s, so the bathrooms are small, and don't have room for any more fixtures.  The other problem is, of course, you know who.  The wife.

Sell her hard on the idea that she’ll never have to worry about the seat being left up again!

We have separate bathrooms.  No, her objection is ripping out the wall, changing the plumbing, having contractors in the house, spending a bunch of money, and basically, she doesn't see the point.  If we had carpet on our bathroom floor, she'd see the point.  If she saw my sometimes unexpectedly multi-directional stream, she'd see the point.

(04-19-2021, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 08:30 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Sell her hard on the idea that she’ll never have to worry about the seat being left up again!

We have separate bathrooms.  No, her objection is ripping out the wall, changing the plumbing, having contractors in the house, spending a bunch of money, and basically, she doesn't see the point.  If we had carpet on our bathroom floor, she'd see the point.  If she saw my sometimes unexpectedly multi-directional stream, she'd see the point.

Yeah, you’re not getting a urinal.

Music 

(04-19-2021, 09:00 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 08:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: We have separate bathrooms.  No, her objection is ripping out the wall, changing the plumbing, having contractors in the house, spending a bunch of money, and basically, she doesn't see the point.  If we had carpet on our bathroom floor, she'd see the point.  If she saw my sometimes unexpectedly multi-directional stream, she'd see the point.

Yeah, you’re not getting a urinal.

Wayfair you got just what I need!!

https://www.wayfair.com/school-furniture...11114.html

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I just pee out in the yard.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.