Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-28-2021, 11:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m going to give some of our young bucks some advice.  As I do so, I’d appreciate the older folks joining in so I can learn a few things.  A little backstory... I looked at a storage unit to clean up my garage.  The height wasn’t right with our new 4 cycle racks. It would have taken a lot out of my garage.  I guess I’ll look at bigger “industrial” shops/buildings.   In the mean time I want another shed  to clean out my garage from the rest of the stuff.  Mainly generators, all my woodworking tools (table saw/router table, mIter saw and all the other fun stuff). Sounds like I need a man cave.  A 12x16 should do.  Do I market this to my wife as a man cave? Hell no!  I ask my daughter is she wanted a she she’d (wife gives this kid all she wants, at times).  I explain what a she shed  is.  Daughter is a “go”, right on!!  Wait a minute, why not make this a joint building?!?!   How about a “We” shed???   Boom!  Worked like a charm.  I’m going to price sheds and get plans.  Probably going to build one myself.  Run electricity to it, put in a window unit and and a mini fridge.  Yeah!   I’ll chalk that up to a win.  Man cave here I come!!!

How much room are you going to have in there once you move all that stuff in?

Yeah, that’s a good question.  I did say earlier 16x16 would be the max size I can go.  But something needs to happen.  First and foremost, I need to get stuff out of the garage.  Between my personal and work stuff, I can’t do a darn thing in there.  But those tools I mentioned (except miter saw) are all mounted on rolling tables I built.  So they can be pushed out of the way when not in use.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2021, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m going to give some of our young bucks some advice.  As I do so, I’d appreciate the older folks joining in so I can learn a few things.  A little backstory... I looked at a storage unit to clean up my garage.  The height wasn’t right with our new 4 cycle racks. It would have taken a lot out of my garage.  I guess I’ll look at bigger “industrial” shops/buildings.   In the mean time I want another shed  to clean out my garage from the rest of the stuff.  Mainly generators, all my woodworking tools (table saw/router table, mIter saw and all the other fun stuff). Sounds like I need a man cave.  A 12x16 should do.  Do I market this to my wife as a man cave? Hell no!  I ask my daughter is she wanted a she she’d (wife gives this kid all she wants, at times).  I explain what a she shed  is.  Daughter is a “go”, right on!!  Wait a minute, why not make this a joint building?!?!   How about a “We” shed???   Boom!  Worked like a charm.  I’m going to price sheds and get plans.  Probably going to build one myself.  Run electricity to it, put in a window unit and and a mini fridge.  Yeah!   I’ll chalk that up to a win.  Man cave here I come!!!

Have you looked at lumber prices lately?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-29-2021, 02:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0wfjsybIQ

[Image: giphy.gif]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Are there crab in Florida waters? Any of y'all ever go crabbing?

(04-29-2021, 07:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Are there crab in Florida waters? Any of y'all ever go crabbing?

Yuuuuuup.. Blue crab.. Good eatin!!

I used to have a couple pyramid traps and a couple box traps.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 07:55 PM by Jags.)

(04-29-2021, 10:29 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Have you looked at lumber prices lately?

That’s a very valid and good point.   Undecided

(04-29-2021, 07:08 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Are there crab in Florida waters? Any of y'all ever go crabbing?

As Winger said we’ve got blues.  IMO, not enough meat to make it worth your wild.  Either way, still fun to catch and eat.  Further south, you can find more stone crab.  More meat in the claw.  Also, (yes I know it’s not crab) central and south will have lobster.  Meat wise, next best thing.

Was that our boy??????

(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Was that our boy??????

Who dat?

(05-01-2021, 02:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Was that our boy??????

Who dat?

The guy that made the UK pick. A first responder named Paul?

AKA Darlo.

How many first responder UK Jags fans named Paul could there be?

(05-01-2021, 02:29 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Who dat?

The guy that made the UK pick. A first responder named Paul?

AKA Darlo.

How many first responder UK Jags fans named Paul could there be?

Wow.. I forgot about Darlo.. What happened to him anyway?

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 07:27 PM by Jags.)

Darlo!!!!!!   I’m with SF.  Too many cowinkydinks.  But I suppose there could be more than one Paul first responder that’s a Jag fan from the UK.  I’ve seen his pic.  Had I watched day three of the college athletes that I never watched in my life, perhaps I’d be able to identify him.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw on the lots.  But the shed kept getting bigger and bigger.  That being said, I’d have to take out more and more panels of my recently installed vinyl fence.  Adding the cost to take it down and put it back up, plus trimming back a few bottlebrush tees we’ve spent a decade to grow for privacy, I think, despite the lumber costs, we’re just going to build it.  12x20 is what we’re doing.

[Image: 4258543-C-1-ABF-48-DA-B005-47-AE84-DD3946.jpg]

[Image: AB903499-3-D09-403-A-8-C74-CDE7-F46412-CF.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-01-2021, 08:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 4258543-C-1-ABF-48-DA-B005-47-AE84-DD3946.jpg]

[Image: AB903499-3-D09-403-A-8-C74-CDE7-F46412-CF.jpg]

That’s hilarious.  I saw 2x4’s were 7.98 at my local HD.  Somehow I’m still better off if I’m willing to build it.  That along with what I posted about the fence and trees, I’d also have them running across two of my paver paths I have running to another shed and my trash cans.  Idk if they’d do damage or not.  I also have about six packs of shingles leftover from our roo this past summer.  So all I’d need is the windows after the lumber.  Either way, I feel ill come out the same or less and not have the aggravation.  Plus I get to do manly things with my newly found Milwaukee power tools! Thanks you lawn business!!!  I knew I went to school just enough to abuse my powers!!!

I never thought I'd be running humidifiers in my house in May. Really weird weather here in central NC. It reminds me of Colorado with the low dew point and low humidity and the near steady breeze that turns A bit windy in the afternoon. We have been under A red flag warning since Wednesday. It was supposed to be for seven days but they keep pushing it out. It is just weird.

I did such a good job today fixing my commode I’m considering wearing my beltless pants low around the waist and a shirt two sizes too small.

Got some more of the gourmet coffee in the mail today.. I got a 12 ounce package of Harry&David Chocolate Cherry Decadence and a 12 ounce package of Moose Munch Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter.. Both smell amazing and I'm gonna dive in after dinner tonight..

SpaceX is going to try for a successful launch and landing of Starship today.

https://youtu.be/diEdOGhC8p0

Worlds largest White Castle opened recently in Orlando.. Just saw the lines for it on the web.. Much much worse than Buc-ee's lolol

(05-04-2021, 11:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Worlds largest White Castle opened recently in Orlando.. Just saw the lines for it on the web.. Much much worse than Buc-ee's lolol

The wife and I went to Bucees yesterday for a beef jerky run.