Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(05-11-2021, 02:58 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What I want to know is why were children this age allowed out unsupervised at this time of night.

That was my first thought when I saw this story break out.  She was last seen around 1:30 AM and wasn't reported missing until well after 9:00 AM.

(05-11-2021, 01:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It was just released that she was stabbed to death.

There is something very strange about this whole thing.  According to local news they were seen on surveillance footage walking together at around 1:45 AM.  She appeared to have a significant injury to her head and "other trauma".  A little less than 2 hours later the boy was seen walking back alone.

What is strange to me is that they were "walking together" after she had some injury/trauma done to her.  Why would she be walking with him if he had attacked her in some way?

The other thing that I can't wrap my head around is what are 13 and 14 year old children doing out well after midnight?

If the head trauma was severe enough it's possible she wasn't fully aware of her circumstances. Head injuries are a curious thing. Think of the troops who have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan with TBIs. Most don't remember even vague details of what happened right after the incident that caused their injury, just that they woke up at some point in a helicopter, a field hospital, etc. 

Sadly this girl didn't live long enough to remember anything. 

I hope this wakes parents up and makes them realize they need to keep better tabs on their kids. Too many have the "it'll never happen to me/us" mentality though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m not going to blame the parents for them being out at that hour (yet)because god only knows how many times I snuck out after my parents went to bed back in the day.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-11-2021, 10:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m not going to blame the parents for them being out at that hour (yet)because god only knows how many times I snuck out after my parents went to bed back in the day.

This is very true.. Sometimes breaking curfew shouldn't be a direct correlation to the parent's parental abilities. 

Hell I snuck out with friends late at night.. If you claim you never did, then either you're lying or had a really boring childhood. We lived in Miami, that was also a little bit different than sneaking out of your 300K HOA well lit community..

My point is, kids will be kids and most of their life lessons are learned from trial and error..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Six month checkup at the dermatologist. Let's see if I can get out of here in tact. I usually don't.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-12-2021, 03:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Six month checkup at the dermatologist.  Let's see if I can get out of here in tact.  I usually don't.

Nope.  One biopsy.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 06:37 PM by Jags.)

(05-12-2021, 04:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 03:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Six month checkup at the dermatologist.  Let's see if I can get out of here in tact.  I usually don't.

Nope.  One biopsy.

My parents have been dealing with that as well. Mainly my dad. Mom seems to be more into the “more severe” ones.   Seems like the same ordeal with him as well.   I know it’s a huge PIA.  I feel for you.  At least you’re going in and it’s being found/tested. Better to have a biopsy than an autopsy, I suppose.  Thoughts and prayers your way, man.  Keep your chin up! Just in overcast or dim lit areas.  We don’t want to make matters worse.  (I’m sorry, couldn’t resist the last part. Hopefully you got at least a smirk out of it)

(05-12-2021, 06:36 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 04:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Nope.  One biopsy.

My parents have been dealing with that as well. Mainly my dad. Mom seems to be more into the “more severe” ones.   Seems like the same ordeal with him as well.   I know it’s a huge PIA.  I feel for you.  At least you’re going in and it’s being found/tested. Better to have a biopsy than an autopsy, I suppose.  Thoughts and prayers your way, man.  Keep your chin up! Just in overcast or dim lit areas.  We don’t want to make matters worse.  (I’m sorry, couldn’t resist the last part. Hopefully you got at least a smirk out of it)

Actually, I probably am not as concerned about it as I should be...but thanks.

(05-12-2021, 07:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 06:36 PM)Jags Wrote: My parents have been dealing with that as well. Mainly my dad. Mom seems to be more into the “more severe” ones.   Seems like the same ordeal with him as well.   I know it’s a huge PIA.  I feel for you.  At least you’re going in and it’s being found/tested. Better to have a biopsy than an autopsy, I suppose.  Thoughts and prayers your way, man.  Keep your chin up! Just in overcast or dim lit areas.  We don’t want to make matters worse.  (I’m sorry, couldn’t resist the last part. Hopefully you got at least a smirk out of it)

Actually, I probably am not as concerned about it as I should be...but thanks.

If it makes you feel better, or even less concerned, my dad doesn’t seem to give it any mind either.  But this is also a guy that said (at the beginning of Covid) that he’s been to war,  shot at, been a police officer, shot at again, and would be pissed off if he died of a virus.  So I wasn’t really sure the severity of it vs his (and your) bad [BLEEP] ness!  Either way.. take care of yourself.

Let the gibb flow! 

Don't wanna see any berries rubbin' this year!

(05-13-2021, 01:51 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Let the gibb flow! 

Don't wanna see any berries rubbin' this year!

Gold bond!  I hate it when the berries rub.

I can’t believe I went a full day mid May wearing a hoodie at work. I’ll take it!!! It did suck a tad in the am. Drizzle and slightly more than drizzle for the first 7. But after that, wet shoes be damned, was a really good day. My new help finally gets his first full paycheck tomorrow. If he shows up Monday, I’m buying a trailer and a mower and another ad. I’ll let the others go out and I’ll solo it to start a third crew. Team work makes the dream work. By “dream work” I mean me eventually not going out there

We've had unusual weather here. 46° yesterday for a high and this morning I had to turn on the heat. Today was a high near 70 but the low humidity and dew point made it feel cooler. Now that the pine trees have stopped assaulting us with their obnoxious pollen we can finally enjoy being outside. Too bad there is no gas in my county or I would've loved going for a drive on the country back roads with my windows down and the radio turned up.

I have a pound of Buccee's fudge.

(05-15-2021, 07:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I have a pound of Buccee's fudge.

But didn't you buy two pounds this afternoon?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I've decided to come back for the 10/10 and 11/21 games.

Please, please.  No big receptions.  And no paparazzi.  I want to keep it low key.    Smile

(05-16-2021, 11:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I've decided to come back for the 10/10 and 11/21 games.

Please, please.  No big receptions.  And no paparazzi.  I want to keep it low key.    Smile

I might be around for that 11/21 game.  Just got some November travel info and that week is open so far. Fingers crossed.  

RE: Buccees - 

I was driving early AM  from Jax to St. Aug the other day and stopped for a Hippo breakfast taco and coffee.  They already had the brisket tacos out, and I knew I had to drive to SWFL for 4 hours later in the day, so, why not stock up, right?  

I can't believe a chain gas station has brisket that good. LOL

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 09:46 AM by WingerDinger.)

(05-19-2021, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 11:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I've decided to come back for the 10/10 and 11/21 games.

I might be around for that 11/21 game.  Just got some November travel info and that week is open so far. Fingers crossed.  

I was driving early AM  from Jax to St. Aug the other day and stopped for a Hippo breakfast taco and coffee.  They already had the brisket tacos out, and I knew I had to drive to SWFL for 4 hours later in the day, so, why not stock up, right?  

Dude, no lie.. When I thought about 'gas station food' before I heard of Buc-ee's, I thought about 4 week old tuna sammiches and intestinal worms lolol

That brisket tho..

Our wedding anniversary is coming up next month.. Screw Ruth's Chris, the wife and I want Buc-ee's..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-19-2021, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

So are you ready to amend your argument (that we had the last time we played golf) that Buccee's is a truck stop.   Big Grin

I actually noticed the last time that I was in, a no 18-wheelers sign.

(05-19-2021, 10:57 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I might be around for that 11/21 game.  Just got some November travel info and that week is open so far. Fingers crossed.  

So are you ready to amend your argument (that we had the last time we played golf) that Buccee's is a truck stop.   Big Grin

Well, the first time I stopped at one in Texas, I was in fact aboard a 48 ft long tour coach pulling a 24 ft trailer standing 13 feet high. So my perspective was a bit skewed. 

Alas...

Not in fact a truck stop.

(05-19-2021, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 10:57 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So are you ready to amend your argument (that we had the last time we played golf) that Buccee's is a truck stop.   Big Grin

Well, the first time I stopped at one in Texas, I was in fact aboard a 48 ft long tour coach pulling a 24 ft trailer standing 13 feet high. So my perspective was a bit skewed. 

Alas...

Not in fact a truck stop.

You're probably just a Buccee's hater.   Laughing