Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

The Buccees beef jerky is starting to become a worrisome necessary expense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-19-2021, 12:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Buccees beef jerky is starting to become a worrisome necessary expense.

I really need to try this stuff but there are none of these gas stations here.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 12:57 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-19-2021, 12:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 12:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Buccees beef jerky is starting to become a worrisome necessary expense.

I really need to try this stuff but there are none of these gas stations here.

Gas station.  LOL.  You'd need to see one to understand.  I don't even know what you'd call it.

My kids and I will go to Buccee's just to go to Buccee's.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Best way to define Buc-ee's.. A Willy Wonka style emporium, catered to meat eaters, snack food junkies and would be proprietors of must have trinkets..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Welp. I guess it's time for me to head off to my favorite Tavern to have a few cold wet ones........ It's 5:00 somewhere......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(05-19-2021, 01:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Best way to define Buc-ee's.. A Willy Wonka style emporium, catered to meat eaters, snack food junkies and would be proprietors of must have trinkets..

I just want the jerky. Lol

(05-19-2021, 10:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 01:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Best way to define Buc-ee's.. A Willy Wonka style emporium, catered to meat eaters, snack food junkies and would be proprietors of must have trinkets..

I just want the jerky. Lol

I told my wife the same  Banana Banana Banana

(05-19-2021, 10:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 10:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just want the jerky. Lol

I told my wife the same  Banana Banana Banana

To which she replied,

[Image: OIP.17WXddJYYoXqaWPDHfquFAAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-20-2021, 01:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 10:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I told my wife the same  Banana Banana Banana

To which she replied,

[Image: OIP.17WXddJYYoXqaWPDHfquFAAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]

Damn.. were you under the bed or something?

Creepy lol

Just discovered a new advantage of working at home.  I have the PGA Championship going on my laptop while I'm working (and don't have to worry about my boss sneaking up behind me).

On that note...I just saw something I've never seen.  Sebastian Munoz (not even sure who he is) just put his drive into a trash can...in the air.  Didn't cost him anything.  Got a free drop.

Wives are such buzzkills! Like, my wife is “ok”, sure, I could’ve done better. But, seriously, I’m trying to season my new smoker. It requires burning the damn thing, drinking beer and blasting music while we just sit there burning an empty smoker and drinking beer. I’m rocking out to my [BLEEP] music with my Bose BT Speaker and I hear a knock on the window adjacent to where I’m having my solo party. That’s why you’ve only got one kid from me woman! Let me find and add an emoji as not to come off as the devil I am

Oh, sweet! Here it is fella’s and gals! Emoji incoming!!! Smile

Will that emoji suffice?

(05-20-2021, 08:13 PM)Jags Wrote: Wives are such buzzkills!   Like, my wife is “ok”, sure, I could’ve done better.  But, seriously, I’m trying to season my new smoker.  It requires burning the damn thing, drinking beer and blasting music while we just sit there burning an empty smoker and drinking beer.  I’m rocking out to my [BLEEP] music with my Bose BT Speaker and I hear a knock on the window adjacent to where I’m having my solo party.  That’s why you’ve only got one kid from me woman! Let me find and add an emoji as not to come off as the devil I am

Oh, sweet! Here it is fella’s and gals!  Emoji incoming!!!  Smile

Will that emoji  suffice?

Was the smoker bought at Buc-ee's?

(05-20-2021, 08:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:13 PM)Jags Wrote: Wives are such buzzkills!   Like, my wife is “ok”, sure, I could’ve done better.  But, seriously, I’m trying to season my new smoker.  It requires burning the damn thing, drinking beer and blasting music while we just sit there burning an empty smoker and drinking beer.  I’m rocking out to my [BLEEP] music with my Bose BT Speaker and I hear a knock on the window adjacent to where I’m having my solo party.  That’s why you’ve only got one kid from me woman! Let me find and add an emoji as not to come off as the devil I am

Was the smoker bought at Buc-ee's?

No.  It was out of stock everywhere.  I signed up at the manufacturer when It was available.  Oddly enough, I’ve still yet to experience the awesomeness that is Bucees.  I’m 5-10 minutes away at max.  One day I will patronize that place!  And I’m sure, from what I’m hearing, will go broke once I do.

(05-20-2021, 08:45 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Was the smoker bought at Buc-ee's?

No.  It was out of stock everywhere.  I signed up at the manufacturer when It was available.  Oddly enough, I’ve still yet to experience the awesomeness that is Bucees.  I’m 5-10 minutes away at max.  One day I will patronize that place!  And I’m sure, from what I’m hearing, will go broke once I do.

2 words..

Credit cards

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 08:52 PM by Jags.)

(05-20-2021, 08:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:45 PM)Jags Wrote: No.  It was out of stock everywhere.  I signed up at the manufacturer when It was available.  Oddly enough, I’ve still yet to experience the awesomeness that is Bucees.  I’m 5-10 minutes away at max.  One day I will patronize that place!  And I’m sure, from what I’m hearing, will go broke once I do.

2 words..

Credit cards
Haha.  I pride myself in not using or needing them.  But I’ll be damned.  If what all y’all  say is true,
Yeah; I’ll rack ‘em up.  And I won’t regret it a bit!  I’m looking forward to this jerky, brisket and whatever they have available.

I'm interested to know how "we" were sitting there at a solo party...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm going to the "Cowtown State Fair" on Saturday.  It's at the Texas Motor Speedway which is just on the other side of the highway from Buccee's.

Banana Banana

And here comes the 90 degree weather.. Wasn't missed..

I was going to make alligator for dinner, but then I realized I didn't have a Croc Pot........ Ba-Dum-Tish!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

My wife has been binge watching old '70's sitcoms.  She has been watching "Bewitched".  She now looks at me and wiggles her nose.  Sigh....

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.