Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

That's not creepy at all. Not. At. All.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I received something from Nielsen a while back as well but it was a handful of years ago. I certainly don’t remember that mind control and monitor your every though watch. They just wanted to know if I like Josh Gates or the wiggles. If I recall correctly, mine was more a survey. Although it was pretty generic. I say, take the free “watch”. Sell it on EBAy or craglist as the latest, greatest atomic watch/smart watch and pocket a few hundred and then go buy some ammo or golf clubs. Whatever you’re into.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 10:29 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is really fascinating if anyone is willing to take a minute to absorb what is being described here. This is a U.S. spy satellite designed to fly within sight of satellites from other countries so close it literally 'gets eyes' on it. Within 50 miles, which is very close in space terms. And then the other country (China) realizing what's going on and taking evasive maneuvers. But this isn't taking place in low Earth orbit just a hundred miles, or so, above our heads. This is taking place in geosynchronous orbit, 22,500 miles out into space. So far out that a satellite maintains its same position over the Earth as it rotates (thus the geosynchronous moniker).

China’s Shijian-21 towed dead satellite to a high graveyard orbit (space4peace.org)

USA 270, Chinese Shiyan-12 encounter

At the same time as orbital servicing and space tug tests, countries are also engaging in increasing counterspace activities. While China is able to conduct precise operations all the way up at GEO with satellites while receiving active signals, the country also has advanced levels of SSA, as evidenced by activity detected during a close encounter of American and Chinese satellites.

COMSPOC notes that this month USA 270, a U.S. satellite, neared a pair of new Chinese technology test satellites, Shiyan-12 (01) and (02), as it drifted East just below the GEO belt during its operations.

“As you can see, as that [USA 270] satellite gets close, and does a maneuver in the vicinity of these two Chinese satellites, within a matter of two days, the Chinese satellites are on the move,” says Jim Cooper, lead for SSA solutions with COMSPOC.

“China has clearly been monitoring this satellite as it approaches; they’ve seen what the U.S. has done to maneuver, in a way that potentially could impact their satellites.

“They processed that; they understood it. And they effectively planned and executed a mitigation strategy around that U.S. satellite,” Cooper says, seeing both of these satellites leave the area in synchronicity to get away from that U.S. satellite.

https://youtu.be/G--70E8nc7Y

“What we’re showing here is counterspace technology. So, they’re kind of employing a tactic, technique [and] procedure, or TTP, as it’s known by the U.S. Department of Defense, and are showing that they’ve got the exquisite, timely and responsive SSA to understand events that are unfolding.”

The closest approach between the U.S. and one of the Chinese satellites was around 73 kilometers, according to COMSPOC. Not close enough to threaten a potential collision, but enough for one party to decide if it wanted to leave the vicinity to avoid potential intelligence gathering or other activities by the other.

Such close approaches are not forbidden by existing space legislation but indicate a context of growing counterspace activity among major space powers.

“It’s happening more frequently,” says Cooper. “So this is the kind of thing that, going back three years, four years ago, did not happen.

“Over the past several years, we are starting to see these types of scenarios play out more where other countries are approaching and trying to do things around other countries’ satellites. And then we’re seeing those other countries’ satellites react to that situation and do something about it.”

(06-24-2022, 03:11 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 01:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I received a FedEx envelope on my doorstep and it’s a letter from Nielsen, the media ratings company. They want to know what TV and radio programs interest me but it’s not a questionnaire. They want me, and anyone who volunteers in my household, to wear a wrist device, a “personal meter”, that “automatically collects a special signal in the audio of the media being measured, including radio and TV broadcasts and other media you encounter”.  They’ll even pay after 90 days and enter wearers into a sweepstakes for more money.

Hmm, I was unaware of a special signal modulated on media broadcasts that could be picked up on meters. I’m not saying there isn’t but I’ve never heard of it. Secondly, and most importantly of all, that’s the creepiest [BLEEP] thing I’ve ever heard of. Not only that, but they want it worn for months at a time. Yeah, no. Thanks for the $10, though.

wouldn't surprise me, I think there's algorithms that will flag youtube vids and such for copyright claims based on background music and such, so if you listen to music on the radio they probably could pick up on some notes and identify not only what you were listening to, but where, how long, and how often you listened.

I can remember a few years back getting one, and it was just a paper form to fill out whenever we listened to radio.

I agree with you, though, no chance I'm wearing a snoop. Although I would think it funny if they recorded me cursing out the ad breaks when I'm watching a video, or the extremely naughty things I say to John Morgan when his ads pollute my airspace. Please, record those, mr. wristband, and relay them with enthusiasm. Big Grin

Google hubs def listen to background noise, words, music. I tested this once, I played an Andy Williams record that was my late mothers with Google on, then an hour later, launched you tube without requesting a specific video. Sure enough, there were selections by Andy, stuff I would never have actively requested. I don't leave the hub on any more unless I'm actively using it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-24-2022, 10:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is really fascinating if anyone is willing to take a minute to absorb what is being described here. This is a U.S. spy satellite designed to fly within sight of satellites from other countries so close it literally 'gets eyes' on it. Within 50 miles, which is very close in space terms. And then the other country (China) realizing what's going on and taking evasive maneuvers. But this isn't taking place in low Earth orbit just a hundred miles, or so, above our heads. This is taking place in geosynchronous orbit, 22,500 miles out into space. So far out that a satellite maintains its same position over the Earth as it rotates (thus the geosynchronous moniker).

China’s Shijian-21 towed dead satellite to a high graveyard orbit (space4peace.org)

USA 270, Chinese Shiyan-12 encounter

At the same time as orbital servicing and space tug tests, countries are also engaging in increasing counterspace activities. While China is able to conduct precise operations all the way up at GEO with satellites while receiving active signals, the country also has advanced levels of SSA, as evidenced by activity detected during a close encounter of American and Chinese satellites.

COMSPOC notes that this month USA 270, a U.S. satellite, neared a pair of new Chinese technology test satellites, Shiyan-12 (01) and (02), as it drifted East just below the GEO belt during its operations.

“As you can see, as that [USA 270] satellite gets close, and does a maneuver in the vicinity of these two Chinese satellites, within a matter of two days, the Chinese satellites are on the move,” says Jim Cooper, lead for SSA solutions with COMSPOC.

“China has clearly been monitoring this satellite as it approaches; they’ve seen what the U.S. has done to maneuver, in a way that potentially could impact their satellites.

“They processed that; they understood it. And they effectively planned and executed a mitigation strategy around that U.S. satellite,” Cooper says, seeing both of these satellites leave the area in synchronicity to get away from that U.S. satellite.

https://youtu.be/G--70E8nc7Y

“What we’re showing here is counterspace technology. So, they’re kind of employing a tactic, technique [and] procedure, or TTP, as it’s known by the U.S. Department of Defense, and are showing that they’ve got the exquisite, timely and responsive SSA to understand events that are unfolding.”

The closest approach between the U.S. and one of the Chinese satellites was around 73 kilometers, according to COMSPOC. Not close enough to threaten a potential collision, but enough for one party to decide if it wanted to leave the vicinity to avoid potential intelligence gathering or other activities by the other.

Such close approaches are not forbidden by existing space legislation but indicate a context of growing counterspace activity among major space powers.

“It’s happening more frequently,” says Cooper. “So this is the kind of thing that, going back three years, four years ago, did not happen.

“Over the past several years, we are starting to see these types of scenarios play out more where other countries are approaching and trying to do things around other countries’ satellites. And then we’re seeing those other countries’ satellites react to that situation and do something about it.”

Nothing to worry about here. Nothing of any value gets transmitted from the US anymore. China must be going brain dead monitoring TLC, Bravo, E, VH1, MTV, or the Discovery channels. This may be by design to that we can soften them up and then sneak some real intelligence by them. If we have any.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I have a headache. Too many Manhattans last night.

(06-25-2022, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have a headache. Too many Manhattans last night.

Lessee, there's the one in New York, the one in Kansas, that's only two...you must be really good at Georgraphy

(06-27-2022, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have a headache. Too many Manhattans last night.

Lessee, there's the one in New York, the one in Kansas, that's only two...you must be really good at Georgraphy

Perhaps they renounced their original statehood and identified as Texas-sized.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-27-2022, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I’ve been to both. I’m too old to partake in Springfields.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2022, 03:55 PM by The Drifter.)

Was just walking around town today and decided to stop in to one of my favorite hole in the wall shops called Retro Metro. They have all kinds of odds and ends in there you will not find anywhere else..... So..... I saw this little desk sign and boughts it..... It's the absolute truth about me.... I've never faked one in my entire life!! ...... LOL

[Image: faked.JPG]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I'll have to admit, that in my youth, I did drink a lot... so much in fact that when I gave my Doctor a urine sample, it had an olive in it..... LOL
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So my wife went out grocery shopping yesterday and bought me another mixed box of k-cups for my new kreuig coffee maker.. I had Cinnabon coffee this morning. If you're a fan of Cinnabon and never tried their coffee flavors, try it.. Fricken awesome!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 09:34 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Joe Turkel, who acted in two of my favorite movies, The Shining and Blade Runner, passed away this week. 

Joe Turkel, actor in 'The Shining,' dead at 94 | Fox News

https://youtu.be/C8hkcFZpI54

https://youtu.be/O5MDGMvrSJc

One thing that sort of baffles me a little bit..... Most months my electric bill is in the $125 to the $150 range which has been more or less normal for my apartment. But there have been a couple of months where the bill was less than $50. Last months bill was not even $37 so...... I'm beginning to wonder that if these clowns at PE even read my meter every month, or they are just guessing and throwing out whatever figure they believe sounds about right. It does make one wonder what's going on some of the time......

Did a litte decorating around the apartment recently. Here you see my home bar and the wall behind the bar....... It's what a good bar should represent.... Sports, Good Booze, and Rock-n-Roll....... Oh, and the model on the bar.... well, That's a 1/18 scale model of a 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle...... I had one of those back in the day, Not the SS model but....... It was still A Chevelle
[Image: IMG_0585.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0586.JPG]

Breaking in a new coffee mug this morning....... I'm a LONG TIME fan of The Ramones!

[Image: IMG_0590.JPG]

I’ve had the house to myself for almost a week now without the kid and wife. I miss one of them.

When you sleep in a bed with someone, you realize the sheet/comforter fight. Always forcefully pulling them at 2:30 in the am. When you’re alone, it’s weird…. I have no one to fight the covers over. I must’ve subconsciously or in my dreams fought for the covers. For a week straight now, I’ve been pulling all the stuff back to “her” side each morning to make the bed.

(07-06-2022, 09:35 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve had the house to myself for almost a week now without the kid and wife.  I miss one of them. 

When you sleep in a bed with someone, you realize the sheet/comforter fight.  Always forcefully pulling them at 2:30 in the am.  When you’re alone, it’s weird…. I have no one to fight the covers over.  I must’ve subconsciously or in my dreams fought for the covers.  For a week straight now, I’ve been pulling all the stuff back to “her” side each morning to make the bed.

So, your wife is gone for a week and you're dreaming about a fight over the covers?  There are websites that might help you discover something a little more stimulating to dream about.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 10:00 PM by Jags.)

(07-06-2022, 09:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 09:35 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve had the house to myself for almost a week now without the kid and wife.  I miss one of them. 

When you sleep in a bed with someone, you realize the sheet/comforter fight.  Always forcefully pulling them at 2:30 in the am.  When you’re alone, it’s weird…. I have no one to fight the covers over.  I must’ve subconsciously or in my dreams fought for the covers.  For a week straight now, I’ve been pulling all the stuff back to “her” side each morning to make the bed.

So, your wife is gone for a week and you're dreaming about a fight over the covers?  There are websites that might help you discover something a little more stimulating to dream about.

Seriously dude? Lol,  we’re going that route?  Look how responsible I  am on my own making the darn bed each day!! I’ve grown up! Lmbo

Night 1-2 you’re all like..”hell yeah!” 2-4 you’re saying man this is nice” night 5 you say “ why isn’t the dishes done?” Night 6-7 you realize “oh shot! I better clean this [BLEEP] up!!!”

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 10:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-03-2022, 09:10 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Breaking in a new coffee mug this morning....... I'm a LONG TIME fan of The Ramones!

[Image: IMG_0590.JPG]

Love the Ramones. They were so much better than the critical darlings of that punk era, the Sex Pistols and the Clash. Anybody out there hummed 'Anarchy in the UK' lately? Didn't think so.