Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2024, 12:27 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-28-2024, 11:14 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is a little unsettling. 

https://www.newsnationnow.com/danabramsl...-insurers/

Big Brother, which is no longer the government, it's big business that is because they bought and paid for the government long ago, Is watching!!!!!!!!!

Just to prove to Y'all just how weird my mind can get...... This dream I had last night........ (couldn't have made this stuff up an acid trip)...... John Wayne was trying to escape some outlaws so...... he commandeered a buckboard to get away........ Now here's the thing...... The buckboard was being pulled by an OSTRICH!!!!!! You know, those big [BLEEP] birds that can't fly......... How the hell did a bird, that can only be found in Africa, end up in a John Wayne Western........

Thank God it was an Ostrich and not an Emu in a green polka dot cowboy hat..

We woulda had the exact same dream!!

That woulda been [BLEEP] weird!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-28-2024, 12:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 11:14 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Big Brother, which is no longer the government, it's big business that is because they bought and paid for the government long ago, Is watching!!!!!!!!!

Just to prove to Y'all just how weird my mind can get...... This dream I had last night........ (couldn't have made this stuff up an acid trip)...... John Wayne was trying to escape some outlaws so...... he commandeered a buckboard to get away........ Now here's the thing...... The buckboard was being pulled by an OSTRICH!!!!!! You know, those big [BLEEP] birds that can't fly......... How the hell did a bird, that can only be found in Africa, end up in a John Wayne Western........

Thank God it was an Ostrich and not an Emu in a green polka dot cowboy hat..

We woulda had the exact same dream!!

That woulda been [BLEEP] weird!!

Some days I think you're weirder than I am Winger but........ I know that's almost impossible considering some of the people (and cheap booze) I always had around me way back when......... LOL
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

How do they know this information? And thank God my truck is analog. 

A study by the Mozilla Foundation found that 84% of 25 different car brands analyzed, including Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, BMW and Kia, share and sell customer data. This includes not just driving habits, but also potentially sensitive information including medical records, genetic data and even details about your sex life.

(03-28-2024, 08:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

How do they know this information? And thank God my truck is analog. 

A study by the Mozilla Foundation found that 84% of 25 different car brands analyzed, including Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, BMW and Kia, share and sell customer data. This includes not just driving habits, but also potentially sensitive information including medical records, genetic data and even details about your sex life.

Next time, cover the dash cam before you uncover anything else.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

That’ll learn him. 

Father beats accused child abuser in Daytona Beach after finding him with son, police say

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/...791971007/

(03-29-2024, 06:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That’ll learn him. 

Father beats accused child abuser in Daytona Beach after finding him with son, police say

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/...791971007/

It doesn't come anywhere near close to justice, but it's a good start.  Prison will take care of the rest.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So we have a CosMcs opening near us.  Apparently McDonalds is getting into the (primarily) beverage industry to try to compete with Starbucks and other coffee shops.  I’ll be interested to see how they do.  I believe this will only be their third location.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-28-2024, 02:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/statu...5oDJA&s=19

I heard this guy talk on the radio.  He brought up a couple of startling points which clearly indicate the harmful effects that social media and smartphones have caused with the current generation of children and young adults. 

The first was a discussion with different groups of teenagers and college students. When asked how many actively participated in social media, almost all raised their hands. When then asked how many wished they had never participated at all, nearly the same number again raised their hands. They know it's self-destructive but young minds craving social acceptance overrides self-discipline. 

The other was both startling and unsurprising. Up until 2010, teenaged boys and men in their 20s suffered more broken bones than any other segment of the population because teenaged boys and men in their 20s are more daring than any other segment of the population. Today, those two groups are less likely to suffer broken bones than their fathers and grandfathers. In just 14 years, technology has turned social and biological norms on their head. 

Scary stuff.

Fun Facts: If you're a morgue or a funeral home employee, when you die, you have to go to work 1 more time.............
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 12:14 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2024, 09:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 02:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/statu...5oDJA&s=19

I heard this guy talk on the radio.  He brought up a couple of startling points which clearly indicate the harmful effects that social media and smartphones have caused with the current generation of children and young adults. 

The first was a discussion with different groups of teenagers and college students. When asked how many actively participated in social media, almost all raised their hands. When then asked how many wished they had never participated at all, nearly the same number again raised their hands. They know it's self-destructive but young minds craving social acceptance overrides self-discipline. 

The other was both startling and unsurprising. Up until 2010, teenaged boys and men in their 20s suffered more broken bones than any other segment of the population because teenaged boys and men in their 20s are more daring than any other segment of the population. Today, those two groups are less likely to suffer broken bones than their fathers and grandfathers. In just 14 years, technology has turned social and biological norms on their head. 

Scary stuff.

Ever seen the movie Wall-E?

Yeah.. That's where we're heading as a population.

[Image: SVCCM.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

This was a REALLY BIG OOPS!!!!!!!

[Image: t4z78igjdhefveks.jpg]

Happy 94th Birthday to John Astin
[March 30 1930] [Image: 1f389.png]

[Image: 434664013-315919134840405-6941608245153938420-n.jpg]

Off to bowl in the US Open bowling tournament in Vegas in a couple of hours.  Woo hoo!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-02-2024, 08:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Off to bowl in the US Open bowling tournament in Vegas in a couple of hours.  Woo hoo!
Don't forget to head to the Stratosphere to [BLEEP] your pants.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-02-2024, 08:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Off to bowl in the US Open bowling tournament in Vegas in a couple of hours.  Woo hoo!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: 1639050-1.webp]

From The Big Lebowski........ LOL

Good luck! Let us know how it went.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d746dit88l1tvnuo96ps...y.gif&ct=g]

This dude must be a glutton for punishment...... 39 wives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would be one constant case of PMS in one's life...... NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

[Image: p6530bnjzakgottn.jpg]