Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

This is cruel and unusual punishment...... A fate worse than death........ LOL

[Image: 440565635-754802550098461-4376923133802051395-n.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 441258481-26170725609193185-7740228005710581391-n.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

There are specific items I buy every two weeks and always at the same grocery store. What used to cost me $70 or so 2-3 years ago now costs me $103 and that's with a few items on sale. A prescription is going to cost $15 more the next time I refill it. It wouldn't be so bad if everything wasn't increasing exponentially. 

Inflation is not 'nickel and diming' us, it's 'five and tening' us. Thanks to a couple of pay raises my husband got last year we have been able to stay ahead of the rising soaring cost of goods and services but it's catching up to us.

Just to lighten the mood around here somewhat..........

[Image: 438789596-122141428610180423-5583858526296494253-n.jpg]

Holy cow! Is the board working now?

(05-03-2024, 12:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Holy cow! Is the board working now?

There was a problem with the board?  I thought it was my dial-up modem.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-04-2024, 08:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 12:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Holy cow! Is the board working now?

There was a problem with the board?  I thought it was my dial-up modem.

Now apologize to AOL.

Two things: I really really want this car and Jay Leno has lost a lot of weight.

https://youtu.be/2pVB1Lk6mCI?si=KxjMfxDJf8YyrJVW

OK, I've been staying at the Super 8 Motel since Friday. Walked out my door to get some ice at about 9:30am. Looked down the hall, there were State Cops, City Cops, and the SWAT team attempting to gain access to one of the rooms. Went outside to have a smoke (just to be on the safe side) and saw a City Cop run in with a Police Dog. I have no idea what the hell was going on but...... I don't think I want to find out.......

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 09:10 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Boeing Starliner with two astronauts onboard is scheduled to launch at 10:34 tonight. Boeing was granted a contract the same time as SpaceX to develop a reusable spacecraft as a ferry to the ISS. The troublesome Starliner has been continuously plagued with problems and has yet to launch any astronauts while SpaceX has launched multiple astronaut missions to the ISS, as well as private astronaut missions. The once vaunted Boeing has become a company plagued with failure and poor culture in both its aviation and aerospace industries while SpaceX has thrived on success after success. 

Incidentally, while SpaceX launches its spaceships with its own rockets, Starliner will launch tonight (hopefully) on the thrust of Russian RD-180 engines atop an Atlas rocket. 

And as I was writing this the launch was scrubbed due to problems with the spacecraft. Poor, poor Boeing.

Update: The problem is reported to be a valve on the rocket upper stage. While disappointing, it's good news the problem isn't with Starliner. This should be resolved fairly quickly. Hopefully within a day or two.

Bad day at work. Although, I’m pretty sure it was the last day at work for the first guy. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/U5UmKqGkFhs?s...gCfgnV0ie4

(05-07-2024, 04:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bad day at work. Although, I’m pretty sure it was the last day at work for the first guy. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/U5UmKqGkFhs?s...gCfgnV0ie4

Whereas the guys in the last sequence only needed new underwear.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

New dust collector...... Been an Elvira fan for 40+ years now....... (DAMN I'm getting old...... LOL)

[Image: IMG-1620.jpg]

[Image: 442439586-122120488214268999-5248933007601872769-ne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2024, 07:46 PM by The Drifter.)

[Image: 438298920-295006433656319-8051660782536534700-n.jpg]

[Image: 440959570-469229648791881-1010381495909241991-n.jpg]

This man goes to confession and says, “Forgive me father for I have sinned. The priest asks if he would like to confess his sins and the man replies that he used the “F-word” over the weekend. The priest says, “Oh okay, just say three Hail Marys and try to watch your language. The man replies that he would like to confess as to why he said the “F-word”. The priest sighs and tells him to continue. Well father I played golf on Sunday with my buddies instead of going. The priest says, “And you got upset over that and The man replied, “No, that wasn’t why I swore. On the first tee I duck-hooked my drive weil left into the trees. The priest said, “And that’s when you swore.” The man replied, a little testily because of the constant interruptions, “No, it wasn’t. When I walked up the fairway, I noticed my ball got a lucky bounce and i had a clear shot to the green. However, before I could hit the ball,

a squirrel ran by and grabbed my ball and scurried up a tree.The priest asked, “Is that when you said the ‘F. word’?” The man replied, “No, because an eagle then flew by and caught the squire in its shard aloes new flew away.” The priest let out a breath and queried, “Is that when you swore?” The man replied, “No, because the eagle flew over the areen and the dying squirrel let go of my golf bal and it landed within 5 inches of the hole.” The priest screamed, “Don’t tell me you missed thee f….ing putt!”

[Image: 441450180-1853253205122780-5277457923815385102-n.jpg]

I just read an article about children being affected by the opioid crisis and I'm wondering how anyone gets pain meds to abuse. Another situation where people who actually need something are punished for what criminals did yet the criminals still have access to, in this case, opioids.

Have any of you been to Italy?

For the past week I've been watching the Giro d'Italia (the Italian Tour de France if you will) or had it on in the background while doing stuff around here and Italy is a beautiful country. I said this last year when I watched it but they never use the same routes twice in a row so I'm seeing parts of the country I didn't see last year.

Watching now and the peloton are riding through villages and small towns that are so beautiful. I wish I had made it down to Italy when I lived in Germany but 9/11 kind of put a stop to traveling for awhile.

Two more weeks of the Giro makes for two weeks of 'traveling' through Italy and seeing some truly beautiful country.