Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Technically, I don’t think it’s breaking in if they let them in. Joking aside, it’s happened to me. With a pit bull. So it can happen. But, I’d be more worried about what else may get into the house. Snakes, scorpions or whatever since I doubt they are courteous enough to shut the door behind them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-24-2019, 11:21 AM)Jags Wrote: Technically, I don’t think it’s breaking in if they let them in.   Joking aside, it’s happened to me.  With a pit bull.  So it can happen.  But, I’d be more worried about what else may get into the house.  Snakes, scorpions or whatever since I doubt they are courteous enough to shut the door behind them.

I've never actually seen a scorpion in the 27+ years that I've lived here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-24-2019, 11:49 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 11:21 AM)Jags Wrote: Technically, I don’t think it’s breaking in if they let them in.   Joking aside, it’s happened to me.  With a pit bull.  So it can happen.  But, I’d be more worried about what else may get into the house.  Snakes, scorpions or whatever since I doubt they are courteous enough to shut the door behind them.

I've never actually seen a scorpion in the 27+ years that I've lived here.

That’s pretty good.  I’ve seen plenty around my house and a few in the house.  But I suppose having woods behind my house doesn’t help matters.   One girl (way back in high school) was stung by one in the classroom even.

Ever check the temperature or battery percent on the phone and when you see the number you think to yourself “It’s donte Fowler outside.” Or whatever player may apply. I know Fowler isn’t on the jags anymore but I keep seeing 56.

So... today I woke up at 6am... moved house... stopped at 5.30pm to get showered and dressed for a 12 hour night shift...

6 hours down, 6 to go.

Tonight is sponsored by caffeine.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-26-2019, 08:42 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So... today I woke up at 6am... moved house... stopped at 5.30pm to get showered and dressed for a 12 hour night shift...

6 hours down, 6 to go.

Hang in there, Darlo! 

Do British ambulances still use those wiener sirens?  WEI-NER, WEI-NER, WEI-NER

(01-26-2019, 09:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 08:42 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So... today I woke up at 6am... moved house... stopped at 5.30pm to get showered and dressed for a 12 hour night shift...

6 hours down, 6 to go.

Hang in there, Darlo! 

We have 3 siren tones and that is one of them... although this is a night shift and NO sirens will be activated... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-26-2019, 09:37 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 09:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hang in there, Darlo! 

We have 3 siren tones and that is one of them... although this is a night shift and NO sirens will be activated... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do the phones still ring in two short bursts?

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 10:19 PM by homebiscuit.)

No sirens at night?? Well that's no fun.

(01-26-2019, 10:13 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 09:37 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: We have 3 siren tones and that is one of them... although this is a night shift and NO sirens will be activated... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Do the phones still ring in two short bursts?

I've heard that's how they orgasm. You know, the British reserve, and all.

Not really looking for another job but had a regional director got home of the big dealership groups call me last week. He asked if I'd be interested in coming over to the dealership. I hate big life choices im comfortable at my job but it could be more money at the dealership. Ugh
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(02-15-2019, 08:15 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Not really looking for another job but had a regional director got home of the big dealership groups call me last week. He asked if I'd be interested in coming over to the dealership. I hate big life choices im comfortable at my job but it could be more money at the dealership. Ugh

How far would you have to drive?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-15-2019, 08:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 08:15 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Not really looking for another job but had a regional director got home of the big dealership groups call me last week. He asked if I'd be interested in coming over to the dealership. I hate big life choices im comfortable at my job but it could be more money at the dealership. Ugh

How far would you have to drive?
Right now I drive from North palatka to Fleming island. If I take this new job I'd drive from platka to the avenues area.

(02-15-2019, 08:48 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 08:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How far would you have to drive?
Right now I drive from North palatka to Fleming island. If I take this new job I'd drive from platka to the avenues area.

That’s a long drive.

(02-15-2019, 09:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 08:48 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Right now I drive from North palatka to Fleming island. If I take this new job I'd drive from platka to the avenues area.

That’s a long drive.

Yea especially in my lifted Tundra with 35inch tires.............

The grass is usually greener because they have more fertilizer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-15-2019, 11:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The grass is usually greener because they have more fertilizer.

The grass is usually greener behind you.

(02-15-2019, 11:31 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 09:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That’s a long drive.

Yea especially in my lifted Tundra with 35inch tires.............

Considering the extra gas and drive time, are they offering you the kinda money that would make it worth it?

(02-15-2019, 11:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:31 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yea especially in my lifted Tundra with 35inch tires.............

Considering the extra gas and drive time, are they offering you the kinda money that would make it worth it?

Yea the money's definitely a good amount more I just really like the people I work for now.

(02-16-2019, 06:07 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Considering the extra gas and drive time, are they offering you the kinda money that would make it worth it?

Yea the money's definitely a good amount more I just really like the people I work for now.

Can you negotiate with your current employer? You seem to have some leverage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wingerdinger...you’ll be sad to know that the Gator Lodge is no more. It’s been officially renamed the Midtown Lodge. I’m sure the hookers and bedbugs have been upgraded too!