Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 09:59 AM by RicoTx.)

(09-11-2019, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 07:42 AM)Rico Wrote: I've lost 37 pounds.  

Excuse me while I hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back.

Anything you did in particular? I seem to have found what you lost.

I haven't eaten since June.

J/K...actually my wife talked me into going to Weightwatchers with her.  The fact that my daughter has lost 68 pounds (so far) on the same plan got me to try it.  11 more pounds to hit my 'goal weight'.  I needed to lose some weight after sitting on my [BLEEP] for 3 1/2 months with this ankle being messed up.  That would get me down to my college weight, which was a loooooooooong time ago.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2019, 09:58 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 09:31 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Anything you did in particular? I seem to have found what you lost.

I haven't eaten since June.

J/K...actually my wife talked me into going to Weightwatchers with her.  The fact that my daughter has lost 68 pounds (so far) on the same plan got me to try it.  11 more pounds to hit my 'goal weight'.  I needed to lose some weight after sitting on my [BLEEP] for 3 1/2 months with this ankle being messed up.  That would get me down to my college weight, which was a loooooooooong time ago.

NICE!!!

I'm doing intermittent fasting myself. Gained a bit more than I wanted to since the biz closure. Working a desk job (that's a 1.5hr round trip from home) now instead of being on my feet in the heat all day means that I need to be more active and eat less. IF isn't for everyone, but considering I barely eat breakfast as it is, this works for me. I'm 10lbs down since July 15, 15lbs toward my goal weight.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

I'll admit, the anniversary of 9/11 has been hard on me.... All the Anger, Rage and Sadness I felt that day has come back. When it comes to the USA, Mess with the best, Die Like the rest. Radical Islam is responsible for this and I'm willing to fight them until my dying breath
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(09-11-2019, 05:00 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I'll admit, the anniversary of 9/11 has been hard on me.... All the Anger, Rage and Sadness I felt that day has come back. When it comes to the USA, Mess with the best, Die Like the rest. Radical Islam is responsible for this and I'm willing to fight them until my dying breath

This anniversary has been especially hard on me too. Not sure why. I've been really angry and sad all day. It's been a different one for sure.

Hard to believe it was 18 years ago. I’ll never forget. Watching it all unfold and seeing live on tv the second plane hitting the other tower, along with the news coverage later on. Watching live as the towers collapsed. Still, loss of words. I can only imagine how those in the buildings and the first responders felt. And we too often forget the other 2 flights. The pentagon doesn’t get much recognition and flight 93 (I believe) the one that our brave brothers and sisters decided to say “[BLEEP] you”

Fun fact, my brother flew the helicopter (only aircraft allowed in the sky aside from military). It was a New York news helicopter. But he wasn’t the pilot at the time. After 9/11 my dads services were wanted up there. He took the job. He made all kinds of contacts. We visited him one week and my brother being a licensed pilot was taken up in it and allowed to fly it.

Tonight I start to read the book, Report From Ground Zero, written by a retired FDNY firefighter who talked to a variety of people who were there and their experiences of that day. I am looking forward to reading it. 

I was living in Germany at the time and it was a strange thing to experience "long distance".

Of course I remember the actual event, but what really sticks out for me was how eerily quiet it was everywhere the following week or so.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Eddie Money is dead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com...34855/amp/

70 is too early. Cancer sucks.

(09-13-2019, 10:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Eddie Money is dead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com...34855/amp/

It was just a couple of weeks ago I heard about him having cancer. That was quick. He had some good tunes. One of my favorite commercials was the GEICO one where he has a travel agency. RIP, Eddie.

https://youtu.be/PWTgwvh4v1w

I had a really good day today. Nothing spectacular happened. Just wanted to bump-n-brag.

(09-18-2019, 05:52 PM)Jags Wrote: I had a really good day today.  Nothing spectacular happened.  Just wanted to bump-n-brag.

Good deal.  Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:17 PM by EricC85.)

I need to vent

Sunday night woke up to a flooding kitchen with a busted sink pipe, ok tore it all down found the leak and cleaned up the mess. Idea was Monday after work swing by Home Depot and pickup what I needed.

Monday the starter on my truck locked up, had to hammer it to get home and park the truck, so now I’ll have to work on that this weekend or after work, it’s a massive 10 hour job on the 5.7 Motors remove exhaust and the a-frame for access ugh. No big I’ll drive the wife’s car to work the rest of the week I said.

Tuesday driving the wife’s car into work the alternator quits leaving me stuck on 17. Now I’m laughing both cars down and the kitchen still had no water, going to be busy day off tomorrow.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-18-2019, 09:15 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I need to vent

Sunday night woke up to a flooding kitchen with a busted sink pipe, ok tore it all down found the leak and cleaned up the mess. Idea was Monday after work swing by Home Depot and pickup what I needed.

Monday the starter on my truck locked up, had to hammer it to get home and park the truck, so now I’ll have to work on that this weekend or after work, it’s a massive 10 hour job on the 5.7 Motors remove exhaust and the a-frame for access ugh. No big I’ll drive the wife’s car to work the rest of the week I said.

Tuesday driving the wife’s car into work the alternator quits leaving me stuck on 17. Now I’m laughing both cars down and the kitchen still had no water, going to be busy day off tomorrow.

Quite the run of bad luck there.......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Who did you tick off?

Quick, play a country song backwards.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 09:53 AM by Jags.)

Normally,   when I eat a steak I don’t put anything on it.  Occasionally I’ll want the extra taste of A1 sauce.  I heated up some left over steak this morning and had no A1.  Some pieces were ok without anything.  So I check the fridge.  We had some Heinz 57 sauce.  Let’s just say, through the being raised to get eaten, slaughtering process and all, putting that 57 junk on it was the first time I actually felt bad for the cow.  Sorry cow.  Will never put that stuff on you ever again.

Happy Birthday Rico. The board got together, you should be receiving your AB and Ramsey Jerseys soon.

(09-22-2019, 12:44 PM)Jags Wrote: Happy Birthday Rico.  The board got together, you should be receiving your AB and Ramsey Jerseys soon.

That was cheaper than buying all the necessary candles.

(09-22-2019, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 12:44 PM)Jags Wrote: Happy Birthday Rico.  The board got together, you should be receiving your AB and Ramsey Jerseys soon.

That was cheaper than buying all the necessary candles.

I'll call the fire department!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.