Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Grass-fed burgers on the grill.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 04:12 PM by The Drifter.)

(07-02-2017, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Grass-fed burgers on the grill.

Grass Fed? What? You gonna get HIGH eating those burgers? Laughing
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-02-2017, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Grass-fed burgers on the grill.

Vegetarian burgers?

LOL

The cows ate grass.   Like, in a pasture. 

Not corn. Corn fed cattle nearly always experience at least several months of drugs, hormones, and antibiotics while they are fattened on an unnatural diet of corn and soy. Cows don't eat corn or soy naturally.  They are forced to eat it in unsanitary feedlots and the drugs are required for them to be able to process the corn and soy that are foreign to their digestive systems. 

Grass fed beef is leaner - the fat it does contain tends to have more of the "good types of fat"  (less saturated fat - more omega 3s)   - and grass fed beef just simply tastes better.

I don't eat red meat terribly often, so I don't mind paying a few bucks more for it when I do.

http://www.tenderfilet.com/articles/Gras...Difference

(06-30-2017, 12:41 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 12:37 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: My favourite time of the week has arrived.. my son's soccer training..[Image: 5359f538f482945603d24aba55411f40.jpg]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

no south hampton kit man? lol always fun man.

Oh he has a Southampton kit... 3 Barcelona kits, an England kit, an Orlando City kit and an Arsenal kit.. he's a little bit obsessed (plus a Jags Jersey, of course).

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
[/quote]
 nice man. i was the same way growing up. my uncle would always send me a chelsea kit on my birthday. That is when they became my club. Funny cause they used to be no where near the team they are now since Roman has taken over. I'd always where my zola kit to practice when i was his age.

I Pooped 2X today.......

And I'm planning on pooping again tomorrow......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 01:00 PM by WingerDinger.)

Damn its HOT!!!

I'm gettin the hell outta the kitchen..

For those of you who knew, I was a truck driver.. I was driving all over the place. I would go from Jax to Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, SC, NC and GA.. I was starting to grow tired of "road life".. Believe me, the money was great, but I had barely any time for myself.. So, I decided to quit.. I had a ton of other offers for me to accept employment as a driver, but I decided on another avenue (pun intended).. I'm now an employee of one of the world's largest DOD contractors. We deal and assemble military aircraft such as Blackhawks and A-10 Thunderbolts..

Not too proud to say I'm now making more money than I ever imagined and have more benefits than I thought possible..

Life is officially well and couldn't be happier..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 03:01 PM by homebiscuit.)

(07-08-2017, 12:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Damn its HOT!!!

For those of you who knew, I was a truck driver.. I was driving all over the place. I would go from Jax to Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, SC, NC and GA.. I was starting to grow tired of "road life".. Believe me, the money was great, but I had barely any time for myself.. So, I decided to quit.. I had a ton of other offers for me to accept employment as a driver, but I decided on another avenue (pun intended).. I'm now an employee of one of the world's largest DOD contractors. We deal and assemble military aircraft such as Blackhawks and A-10 Thunderbolts..

Not too proud to say I'm now making more money than I ever imagined and have more benefits than I thought possible..

All because of this one weird little trick...

Congrats man. It's good when a plan works out.

(07-08-2017, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 12:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Damn its HOT!!!

All because of this one weird little trick...

Gracias mi Amigo.. Sure did work out.. Hell of a lot of hoops to jump through for clearance. 

"What's your clearance, Clarence?

Just got finished listening to John Prines "Haystack" Cd. This cd is as relavent today as it was in 1971. The songs on it could descibe the events today as much as they did in 71. Illegal Smile, about Marijuana use, yes some states has approved marijuana use for recreational purposes but it's still illegal on the federal level. Sam Stone, about a vet that returns from the war with a bad drug habit and dies all alone. How many of our Vets are doing the same thing right now. Living on the street, some with substance abuse probs and dying alone. Your Flag Decal Won't Get You In To Heaven Anymore. Ultra patriotism and war mongers. Yes sometimes war is necessary and there is nothing wrong with patriotism but the USA can not be the worlds police force. Six O'clock News, about a boy that grew up only to be on the 6 o'clock news, his brains on the sidewalk and blood on his shoes (Chicago anyone?)

If you have not heard this CD I suggest you find a copy of it (iTunes has it) and listen to it carefully. It's a great CD with great songs that describe everyday life as well as the protest songs I just listed. It's a Folk/Country Genre so it's easy listening.

(07-08-2017, 05:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: All because of this one weird little trick...

Gracias mi Amigo.. Sure did work out.. Hell of a lot of hoops to jump through for clearance. 

Completing an SF-86 is real work.

(07-08-2017, 05:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: All because of this one weird little trick...

What's our vector, Victor?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

13 more days until vacation, just gotta avoid killing anyone until then
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2017, 08:57 AM by RicoTx.)

Somebody rifled through my wife's console and glove compartment last night.  Fortunately there was nothing worth stealing in either.  I'm going out on a limb and saying the person has a dog as the only thing that was missing was a bag of Snausages.  Little [BLEEP].  Just once I'd like to catch one of these kids in the act.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-11-2017, 08:56 AM)Rico Wrote: Somebody rifled through my wife's console and glove compartment last night.  Fortunately there was nothing worth stealing in either.  I'm going out on a limb and saying the person has a dog as the only thing that was missing was a bag of Snausages.  Little [BLEEP].  Just once I'd like to catch one of these kids in the act.

My Brother has a night vision camera hooked up to his garage and has actually caught 2 idiots in the act. Once they knew they were on Video, they fessed up to the local Police

(07-11-2017, 08:56 AM)Rico Wrote: Somebody rifled through my wife's console and glove compartment last night.  Fortunately there was nothing worth stealing in either.  I'm going out on a limb and saying the person has a dog as the only thing that was missing was a bag of Snausages.  Little [BLEEP].  Just once I'd like to catch one of these kids in the act.

This happened to my wife a couple of weeks ago. When school is out the kids are prowling.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 08:14 AM by RicoTx.)

My whole morning is askew. My loofah fell off of the stick of my back-scrubber. And I definitely hate to start the morning with my loofah falling off my stick. Trust me.

So I think this is a homeybisquit question. What is the bright object in the eastern/southeastern sky in the early morning. Is that a planet or a star? I can't look at work.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-12-2017, 07:57 AM)Rico Wrote: My whole morning is askew.  My loofah fell off of the stick of my back-scrubber.  And I definitely hate to start the morning with my loofah falling off my stick.  Trust me.

So I think this is a homeybisquit question.  What is the bright object in the eastern/southeastern sky in the early morning.  Is that a planet or a star?  I can't look at work.

That's Venus. Just above it (this time of year) is a star cluster called the Pleiades (plee-uh-deez). If you have just a small set of binoculars to use you'd be amazed at the number of stars in one small area. Like the Oscars ceremony.

Deez lol

I hear a thump outside my front door and see a phone book tossed onto my porch. Why do they even bother? I quickly thumbed through it to discover that it no longer contains residential numbers, only businesses. I tossed it directly into the recycling bin.