Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

My head hurts.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-15-2017, 10:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 10:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You are always sick. Try washing your damn hands sometimes!!

Who said I was sick? Haha

Just wanted a good nights sleep Wink

(07-15-2017, 10:54 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Dennis Leary said it best when he said "NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuil, we love you, you giant [BLEEP] Q!!".

Green Death flavor FTW

They have a 12 step program for people like you...just sayin. Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 10:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Who said I was sick? Haha

Green Death flavor FTW

Dennis Leary covered that, as well.

"For all you AA people, NyQuil is the key, it's the thirteenth step!

Are you drunk?

No, I have a cold. Same cold I've had for two years, can't seem to shake it. I'm high as a kite and my teeth are green, Merry [BLEEP] Christmas."

(07-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 10:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Who said I was sick? Haha

Green Death flavor FTW

Maybe for people who think they have a problem.. I don't see any problem with abusing meds to get a good nights sleep Big Grin

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Been a while since I've visited the boards. Lots of catching up to do. Seems like you all are still as messed up as before. Maybe even a little more since it's not tied to the Jaguars site anymore. I can get used to this.

(07-15-2017, 01:07 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Nice. I've never really been around any of that area, sounds relaxing. 

Also, it's weird to me that you can drive 5 hours and cross like 4 states  Tongue

It's a really nice place.  Glad I finally got to visit my cousin (and Florida!  I've always wanted to visit Florida).  I thought it was pretty weird though, because her neighborhood has a freaking Alligator.  I actually got to see it too.  My kids didn't get to see it though.  They were disappointed, but maybe next time (assuming they don't move before then)  They did get to see a Sea Turtle Nest though.

I think it was just 3 states, but yeah pretty weird.  Though she does live almost in Georgia.  (Her husband works in Savannah, or at least he did.  I think he's changed jobs now).  95 probably helps a lot, since the speed limit is like 70.  Interstate System FTW.

(07-16-2017, 12:43 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 01:07 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Nice. I've never really been around any of that area, sounds relaxing. 

Also, it's weird to me that you can drive 5 hours and cross like 4 states  Tongue

It's a really nice place.  Glad I finally got to visit my cousin (and Florida!  I've always wanted to visit Florida).  I thought it was pretty weird though, because her neighborhood has a freaking Alligator.  I actually got to see it too.  My kids didn't get to see it though.  They were disappointed, but maybe next time (assuming they don't move before then)  They did get to see a Sea Turtle Nest though.

I think it was just 3 states, but yeah pretty weird.  Though she does live almost in Georgia.  (Her husband works in Savannah, or at least he did.  I think he's changed jobs now).  95 probably helps a lot, since the speed limit is like 70.  Interstate System FTW.

Just about every neighborhood has an alligator...lol

(07-15-2017, 01:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 12:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They have a 12 step program for people like you...just sayin. Lol

Maybe for people who think they have a problem.. I don't see any problem with abusing meds to get a good nights sleep Big Grin

If the result is therapeutic then its not really abuse. We struggle with that concept a lot in our society.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2017, 01:22 PM by RicoTx.)

I had an 89 playing golf yesterday at Fleming Island.  Hadn't broken 90 in a couple of years so it was way fun.  Also came about 10 inches from a hole-in-one which was also very cool.

I'm a little nervous about what will happen if I finally get a hole-in-one.  I told my wife a fewyears ago that two of the remaining things on my sports bucket list were a bowling 300 game and a hole-in-one.  I had my 300 game last year.   Confused
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-17-2017, 12:55 PM)Rico Wrote: I had an 89 playing golf yesterday at Fleming Island.  Hadn't broken 90 in a couple of years so it was way fun.  Also came about 10 inches from a hole-in-one which was also very cool.

I'm a little nervous about what will happend if I finally get a hole-in-one.  I told my wife a few years ago that two of the remaining things on my sports bucket list were a bowling 300 game and a hole-in-one.  I had my 300 game last year.   Confused

[Image: PCItv.jpg]

(07-17-2017, 12:55 PM)Rico Wrote: I had an 89 playing golf yesterday at Fleming Island.  Hadn't broken 90 in a couple of years so it was way fun.  Also came about 10 inches from a hole-in-one which was also very cool.

I'm a little nervous about what will happen if I finally get a hole-in-one.  I told my wife a fewyears ago that two of the remaining things on my sports bucket list were a bowling 300 game and a hole-in-one.  I had my 300 game last year.   Confused

Nice score! Sorry I missed out on that round.

OK, I got the word a few weeks ago that I probably need hip replacement surgery. Been in a lot of pain for about a month now. Fortunately, I'm in Vicodin Land!   Banana
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Why is it when I visit the boards there seems to be a lot of viewers but rarely new post?
Let's get this party going

(07-17-2017, 06:53 PM)Jags Wrote: Why is it when I visit the boards there seems to be a lot of viewers but rarely new post?
Let's get this party going

In eight days camp will begin.  That should help.

OK...so I understand wanting the area roads to look nice. But who in the hell decided it was a good idea to mulch the medians on SR13 during morning rush hour?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-18-2017, 11:02 AM)Rico Wrote: OK...so I understand wanting the area roads to look nice.  But who in the hell decided it was a good idea to mulch the medians on SR13 during morning rush hour?

Councilman Smith's brother who owns a mulching business.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2017, 08:50 PM by WingerDinger.)

So last night I took my girl out to dinner. She wanted Chinese so we went to a Chinese restaurant. Half way through our meal a JSO officer walked in and sat down and ordered his dinner too. He was a couple tables away..He was alone, kept to himself and pretty quiet.. So by the time we finished our dinner and got the check, I discretely told our server that I wanted to pick up the officers bill as well.. She smiled and said ok.. So I paid our bill and the officers and we got up and just decided to leave.. Well walking out the door I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was the officer.. He said that the waitress told him that I picked up his tab and he was just so grateful. Shook my hand repeatedly and gave me this huge polite smile.. I just told him that we were proud of our men and women in blue and we needed to take care of them like they take care of us.. So I said thank you for everything you do and he was one of the true heroes in this country.. He looked like he got a little choked up.. A real "feel good" moment..

And it already got paid forward.. My girl made me a rum cake today.. It's outstanding..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-22-2017, 08:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So last night I took my girl out to dinner. She wanted Chinese so we went to a Chinese restaurant. Half way through our meal a JSO officer walked in and sat down and ordered his dinner too. He was a couple tables away..He was alone, kept to himself and pretty quiet.. So by the time we finished our dinner and got the check, I discretely told our server that I wanted to pick up the officers bill as well.. She smiled and said ok.. So I paid our bill and the officers and we got up and just decided to leave.. Well walking out the door I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was the officer.. He said that the waitress told him that I picked up his tab and he was just so grateful. Shook my hand repeatedly and gave me this huge polite smile.. I just told him that we were proud of our men and women in blue and we needed to take care of them like they take care of us.. So I said thank you for everything you do and he was one of the true heroes in this country.. He looked like he got a little choked up.. A real "feel good" moment..

And it already got paid forward.. My girl made me a rum cake today.. It's outstanding..

Good for you. Our Men and Women in Blue deserve that kind of respect.....

Remind me to buy you a beer when I come down there
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

You're a good man, winger.

Btw, can someone tell me how to multi quote? I've looked in the board feedback section and didn't want to start a thread over something I feel is stupid easy. I've tried a few different ways to multi quote and am left with the cursor over the username of who I'm quoting. It doesn't allow me to scroll down and type below the quoted posts. Leaving me with bolded text of a reply at the top of what I'm quoting.

well, actually as I'm typing this I see that small print that says that I've quoted people and asking if I want to use it. Never mind. I'll give it a whirl.

(07-23-2017, 08:48 AM)Jags Wrote: You're a good man, winger.

Btw, can someone tell me how to multi quote? I've looked in the board feedback section and didn't want to start a thread over something I feel is stupid easy. I've tried a few different ways to multi quote and am left with the cursor over the username of who I'm quoting. It doesn't allow me to scroll down and type below the quoted posts. Leaving me with bolded text of a reply at the top of what I'm quoting.

well, actually as I'm typing this I see that small print that says that I've quoted people and asking if I want to use it. Never mind. I'll give it a whirl.

Hit the quote button, then after you fill the quote box with the first quote, you can hit the quote button on the next post you want to quote...lather rinse repeat.