Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-26-2018, 03:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 02:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Couldn't leave work.

And I now feel like dookey.

I think you have a day or two to take it once you start feeling symptoms.

And once you start taking it then it gives you the symptoms for 4 to 6 more days.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2018, 12:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 03:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I think you have a day or two to take it once you start feeling symptoms.

And once you start taking it then it gives you the symptoms for 4 to 6 more days.

Isn’t that how long the flu usually lasts any way?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

My dentist told me that a shot of Tamiflu significantly reduced his flu symptoms. While it may not shorten the infection times, it does ease the suffering.

I’m still knocking on wood to make it through this flu season without infection. My son came down with it but it seems to be a diminished strain. It started Friday and he’ll be ready to go back to work tomorrow.

(01-29-2018, 12:54 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 12:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And once you start taking it then it gives you the symptoms for 4 to 6 more days.

Pretty much.

(01-29-2018, 07:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My dentist told me that a shot of Tamiflu significantly reduced his flu symptoms. While it may not shorten the infection times, it does ease the suffering.

I’m still knocking on wood to make it through this flu season without infection. My son came down with it but it seems to be a diminished strain. It started Friday and he’ll be ready to go back to work tomorrow.

Depends on the type. I got type A and had no stomach issues at all, a very low grade fever, and crushing fatigue for about a day. The sniffles part lasted a few weeks, but that was bearable without the other stuff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-29-2018, 12:54 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 12:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And once you start taking it then it gives you the symptoms for 4 to 6 more days.

Isn't that the old joke? Got a cold? Do nothing and it will last seven days. Take this and it will last a week.

Cool. That is not parrot or bird.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-02-2018, 01:39 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Cool. That is not parrot or bird.

What is it?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018, 02:47 PM by Jags.)

(02-02-2018, 02:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 01:39 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Cool. That is not parrot or bird.

What is it?
A kangaroo in body paint??

Edit: holy crap.  After typing that it is body paint.  It’s a person!1

(02-02-2018, 02:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What is it?
Look very closely. Look at the tail.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-02-2018, 02:47 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 02:38 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What is it?
Look very closely. Look at the tail.

the ‘wing’ is what did it for me.  It looked a bit weird or low.  But it was very nicely done.  Had me fooled at first too.  Was thinking you were a little cra cra.  Also had me looking online at body paint images and wanting to post “this is not a Chicago Cub” or ‘not a park bench” but they were all too obvious and I would’ve got a warning.  Some pretty good artists out there that can shade very well to make it look like real clothes.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 11:02 PM by homebiscuit.)

What an amazing day. I ditched work and drove down to Titusville to watch the Falcon Heavy launch from Cape Canaveral. What a perfect day to sit in the sun and wait for the launch. It got to 81° there.

Elon Musk's old Tesla roadster was carried as payload since this was a test launch. A mannequin wearing a SpaceX space suit was situated in the driver's seat. There are 3 cameras providing different views. You can see a live feed of Starman from orbit here. It won't be in Earth orbit long, though. After a burn, which may have occurred already, the roadster will be put into a heliocentric orbit which will cause it to circle the sun and Mars for the next several hundred million years.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 08:32 AM by RicoTx.)

Oh goodie.  Stupid ole weekend is over and back to work.  My life has purpose again.

Or something...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So I have a new found respect for Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (formerly of WWE)...[Image: a66f1be3278222827b94cf26f5a501ed.jpg]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

The logo is blurred.

(02-12-2018, 06:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The logo is blurred.

WHAT?! So I have to cancel my appointment at the opticians today?

Yeah, they have to do that on WWE Network..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 10:25 AM by RicoTx.)

I picked all of my grapefruits and kumquats over the weekend and had so many that I brought a bunch into work for people to take.

I used to have two orange trees, but Irma smashed them with a big oak.

I just like saying kumquats.  It sounds dirty somehow.

(02-13-2018, 10:24 AM)Rico Wrote: I picked all of my grapefruits and kumquats over the weekend and had so many that I brought a bunch into work for people to take.

I used to have two orange trees, but Irma smashed them with a big oak.

I just like saying kumquats.  It sounds dirty somehow.

I always suspected that you moved your lips when you type...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(02-13-2018, 10:24 AM)Rico Wrote: I just like saying kumquats.  It sounds dirty somehow.

Throw in an "s" between the "m" and the "q" and you've got a money printing exercise program to advertise alongside the Shake Weight.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 02:13 PM by homebiscuit.)

Sitting in Charlotte waiting on a connecting flight. I’m amazed at the amount of residential construction I saw on approach. I don’t know what the draw is to Charlotte, but it looks like a lot of people are moving here.

Oh, and leggings on some women are an absolute godsend. Goodness gracious…

(02-14-2018, 01:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sitting in Charlotte waiting on a connecting flight. I’m amazed at the amount of residential construction I saw on approach. I don’t know what the draw is to Charlotte, but it looks like a lot of people are moving here.

Oh, and leggings on some women are an absolute godsend. Goodness gracious…

And conversely...some should in no way, shape, or form even think about having them on in public.