Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(03-03-2018, 07:15 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 07:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I had to look them up on Youtube. I will withhold comment.

Better to be silent than banned?

It's the old 'if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing' axiom. 

But seriously, how popular is that stuff in Europe?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2018, 07:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 07:15 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Better to be silent than banned?

It's the old 'if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing' axiom. 

But seriously, how popular is that stuff in Europe?

Metal in general or just Babymetal? I'd say metal is fairly popular but not exactly mainstream, Babymetal of course is in it's own little corner of metal. Apparently the group itself is popular enough to sell out a 2000 capacity venue in 5 minutes by themselves. They're also playing some festivals during the same tour (Rock am Ring/im Park & Download UK) and judging by the lineup  posters they're not big enough to headline such festivals but are big enough to have their actual logo on the posters rather than just their name in standard typeface.

I don't know why but when I youtube babaymetal I remember I've seen that video before, it was more confusing the second time around.

It just matter of time but that's gonna end up catching on here, it's weird enough to annoy me so I'm sure my kids will be playing K-pop Japanese metal in their teens, God help me.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I'm not the biggest Babymetal fan, I do like some of their stuff, though.

I'm a huge Metal fan in general.. Lamb Of God, Caliban, Chimaira, In Flames.. plus many more.

I've rediscovered the Mad Capsule Markets... does anyone remember them?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(03-04-2018, 03:11 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm not the biggest Babymetal fan, I do like some of their stuff, though.

I'm a huge Metal fan in general.. Lamb Of God, Caliban, Chimaira, In Flames.. plus many more.

I had the chance to meet the drummer of Lamb of God, Chris Adler, at a dinner party a few years back. Super nice guy. To be completely transparent with this, I didn't even realize who he was until after he left. Just seemed like a nice guy with questionable hair choices.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(03-06-2018, 09:59 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 03:11 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm not the biggest Babymetal fan, I do like some of their stuff, though.

I had the chance to meet the drummer of Lamb of God, Chris Adler, at a dinner party a few years back. Super nice guy. To be completely transparent with this, I didn't even realize who he was until after he left. Just seemed like a nice guy with questionable hair choices.

I'm just surprised you found somebody to talk to you...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I bowled a 713 tonight.

If you don't know what that means, I don't care.

(03-07-2018, 10:21 PM)Rico Wrote: I bowled a 713 tonight.

That's a 237.6 Average, Not too shabby
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-07-2018, 10:31 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 10:21 PM)Rico Wrote: I bowled a 713 tonight.

That's a 237.6 Average, Not too shabby

He gets 254 pins, soooooo....meh.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-06-2018, 09:59 AM)Deacon Wrote:

Nice! Excellent drummer too..

At least he has the choice for the questionable hair styles... unlike me.

(03-07-2018, 08:38 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 09:59 AM)Deacon Wrote: I had the chance to meet the drummer of Lamb of God, Chris Adler, at a dinner party a few years back. Super nice guy. To be completely transparent with this, I didn't even realize who he was until after he left. Just seemed like a nice guy with questionable hair choices.

I'm just surprised you found somebody to talk to you...

You'd be surprised at how many people you can talk to when you stand in front of the beer cooler.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Bars stay open a lot later than they used to.

I kind of want to go see the new Tomb Raider movie because I really like the reboot it is based on but the trailers make it look like absolute crap.

Five days until the end of my self imposed sobriety.

(03-09-2018, 11:18 AM)Deacon Wrote: Bars stay open a lot later than they used to.

That means bras do too, in my experience.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-10-2018, 03:01 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Five days until the end of my self imposed sobriety.

Why would you engage in such madness?

I tore down a large shed today.

I'm currently rewarding myself with intoxication.

I've just had 5 days off work... during which we finished decorating our little girls nursery, ready for her arrival next month.

I'm now rewarding myself with 12 hour shift 1 of 5.

(03-11-2018, 04:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I've just had 5 days off work... during which we finished decorating our little girls nursery, ready for her arrival next month.

You're doing it wrong.

(03-11-2018, 07:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 04:25 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I've just had 5 days off work... during which we finished decorating our little girls nursery, ready for her arrival next month.

You're doing it wrong.

D'oh!!