Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Homebiscuit, I'm pretty much confined to a chair with my hip beinig the way it is, I don't take naps and my caffeine intake has not changed so,.......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just drove to Publix.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-19-2019, 08:32 AM)Rico Wrote: I just drove to Publix.   Banana

Publix parking lot cam footage of Rico's arrival. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

On a related note, I ran into Tom Myslinski at Publix and he says the team training staff gives you a 91% chance of being ready to tailgate in September.

...and on a much less happy note, we had to put our older shepherd down yesterday.  He had barely gotten off of the floor the last three days and even when he was walking he would fall down.  He had some sort of nervous disorder in his back end.  He was 13 and had a good life (well, at least his last four years with us after we adopted him).  But that doesn't make it any easier.

The two newer dogs were a basket case last night.  I believe it was the first time that they ever had to go to sleep without Elliott in the house.  They did nothing but pace around from midnight on and I barely got any sleep.

RIP Elliott, you're already missed.

(06-19-2019, 09:24 AM)Rico Wrote: ...and on a much less happy note, we had to put our older shepherd down yesterday.  He had barely gotten off of the floor the last three days and even when he was walking he would fall down.  He had some sort of nervous disorder in his back end.  He was 13 and had a good life (well, at least his last four years with us after we adopted him).  But that doesn't make it any easier.

The two newer dogs were a basket case last night.  I believe it was the first time that they ever had to go to sleep without Elliott in the house.  They did nothing but pace around from midnight on and I barely got any sleep.

Hate to hear that Rico.  It's always hard to put a pet down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-19-2019, 09:24 AM)Rico Wrote: ...and on a much less happy note, we had to put our older shepherd down yesterday.  He had barely gotten off of the floor the last three days and even when he was walking he would fall down.  He had some sort of nervous disorder in his back end.  He was 13 and had a good life (well, at least his last four years with us after we adopted him).  But that doesn't make it any easier.

Damn. 
I'm sorry, man. 
 We've had too many of these types of posts around here over the past year.

For a flight of an hour and a half or less, I would use it for cheaper tickets. 

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Th...o-17706770

That looks...painful.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I don’t know how I missed this, but I am so very sorry Rico! Losing a fur baby is very hard.

I want to show y’all the barn my dad built totally by hand. Not one power tool was involved. Pretty impressive for an 79 year old man, don’t ya think?

[img][Image: 694839-FB-1-AC7-46-A8-8-D37-FADD2099-DCF5.jpg][/img]

(06-20-2019, 12:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I want to show y’all the barn my dad built totally by hand. Not one power tool was involved. Pretty impressive for an 79 year old man, don’t ya think?

Wow! That is genuinely impressive. I bet he’s a tough dude. 

Now, buy that man some power tools for Fathers Day, fer cryin’ our loud.

(06-20-2019, 12:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I want to show y’all the barn my dad built totally by hand. Not one power tool was involved. Pretty impressive for an 79 year old man, don’t ya think?

That's awesome.

(06-20-2019, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Wow! That is genuinely impressive. I bet he’s a tough dude. 

It’s actually the inside of a miniature barn he built...totally by hand though. He even split the shingles himself. He made everything on the table. He also made the hutch behind the barn too.
[Image: 56-BBFAA9-92-C2-4-B05-87-EE-DBD9-A3-B98-A8-C.jpg]
[Image: 8-E7509-F3-EA1-E-4799-94-DE-45-D541-A72-F78.jpg]
[Image: 8-C474-E44-AB7-E-41-BE-8484-2-D52-BF2-E4-C90.jpg]
[Image: 6-A755-BDE-3-DEE-4580-BC0-E-A69554-A944-C1.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 01:31 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-20-2019, 01:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Wow! That is genuinely impressive. I bet he’s a tough dude. 

It’s actually the inside of a miniature barn he built...totally by hand though. He even split the shingles himself. He made everything on the table. He also made the hutch behind the barn too.

I am renewing my request to the admins for a ‘You Suck’ button.  Tongue

But still, the barn is impressive.

Dang, it’s hot.

(06-21-2019, 04:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dang, it’s hot.

Can confirm.

(06-21-2019, 04:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dang, it’s hot.

It's terrible. If it wasn't for my wife, I'd move to Alaska.

(06-20-2019, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 01:20 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s actually the inside of a miniature barn he built...totally by hand though. He even split the shingles himself. He made everything on the table. He also made the hutch behind the barn too.

I am renewing my request to the admins for a ‘You Suck’ button.  Tongue

You're just embarrassed about failing to notice the straw is as thick as the beams.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Really getting concerned that I screwed up my knee as well when I broke my ankle. Pain has been keeping me up at night. I'm going to have to make an appointment to go get it checked out. Damn.

(06-23-2019, 07:44 AM)Rico Wrote: Really getting concerned that I screwed up my knee as well when I broke my ankle.  Pain has been keeping me up at night.  I'm going to have to make an appointment to go get it checked out.  Damn.

I wonder if its caused by an altered gait as your ankle heals. To a lesser extent, I experienced something similar after severely rolling my ankle years ago.