Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Happy Birthday Drifter! Love
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 04:58 PM by The Drifter.)

(06-27-2019, 04:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Hey, HBD drifter!   Just saw that at the bottom of the screen.

THANKS

(06-27-2019, 04:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Happy Birthday Drifter! Love

THANKS
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Happy Birthday, Drifter.

(06-27-2019, 06:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Happy Birthday, Drifter.

Thanks
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Well, no tear of the meniscus, just a pull. On the negative side, I have some pretty severe osteoarthritis in my right knee...not quite as bad in the left. Not too surprising considering how long I played sports. We may be talking knee replacement(s) some years down the line, because I'm getting real close to bone-on-bone on the inside of my right knee. For now, he just gave me a cortisone injection in my knee. Seems to be helping some. He said it won't take full effect for 24-48 hours. On the brighter side, my ankle is coming along real well. I ditched the crutches.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-28-2019, 11:19 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, no tear of the meniscus, just a pull.  On the negative side, I have some pretty severe osteoarthritis in my right knee...not quite as bad in the left.  Not too surprising considering how long I played sports.  We may be talking knee replacement(s) some years down the line, because I'm getting real close to bone-on-bone on the inside of my right knee. For now, he just gave me a cortisone injection in my knee.  Seems to be helping some.  He said it won't take full effect for 24-48 hours.  On the brighter side, my ankle is coming along real well.  I ditched the crutches.

About time for some good news!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-28-2019, 11:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 11:19 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, no tear of the meniscus, just a pull.  On the negative side, I have some pretty severe osteoarthritis in my right knee...not quite as bad in the left.  Not too surprising considering how long I played sports.  We may be talking knee replacement(s) some years down the line, because I'm getting real close to bone-on-bone on the inside of my right knee. For now, he just gave me a cortisone injection in my knee.  Seems to be helping some.  He said it won't take full effect for 24-48 hours.  On the brighter side, my ankle is coming along real well.  I ditched the crutches.

About time for some good news!

Even though I'm not walking completely normally, I know I can at least make the trek from the parking lot into the games.  I will be forced to use the escalators though.  Usually do the steps and go through Daily's Place.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not counting preseason, you still have 2 more months to make that walk easier. Hopefully the steps going up to the seats won’t give you much trouble.

(06-28-2019, 11:59 AM)Rico Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 11:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: About time for some good news!

Even though I'm not walking completely normally, I know I can at least make the trek from the parking lot into the games.  I will be forced to use the escalators though.  Usually do the steps and go through Daily's Place.

Take it from one whose cup is usually half full, you now have access to the best parking a man can hope for. Enjoy it while you can.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(06-25-2019, 11:34 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 04:50 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Just spent all night in the damn ER, my leg was cracked open and fluid (not blood) was pouring out of it

I should have crab legs for dinner tonight.

That's some cold [BLEEP], right there.

Funny, but cold.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Rob Gronkowski is definitely no longer in playing shape.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rob-gronkowski-...21013.html

(07-01-2019, 06:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rob Gronkowski is definitely no longer in playing shape.

Good, he'll probably live longer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I went to Yosemite National Park this weekend.

'member when I thought moving to California was a bad idea? Yeah... It gets down in the 50s here at night.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(07-01-2019, 02:01 PM)Deacon Wrote: I went to Yosemite National Park this weekend.

'member when I thought moving to California was a bad idea? Yeah... It gets down in the 50s here at night.

But it's a "dry cold" so it's not that bad.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-01-2019, 06:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 02:01 PM)Deacon Wrote: I went to Yosemite National Park this weekend.

But it's a "dry cold" so it's not that bad.

It' weird. I can open the patio door during the summer and it actually cools the place down. Should I be scared?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(07-01-2019, 06:29 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 06:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: But it's a "dry cold" so it's not that bad.

It' weird. I can open the patio door during the summer and it actually cools the place down. Should I be scared?

Low humidity is awesome.

(07-01-2019, 06:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rob Gronkowski is definitely no longer in playing shape.

And yet there are still people saying he'll come back any moment now.

(07-02-2019, 07:21 AM)DragonFury Wrote:

And yet there are still people saying he'll come back any moment now.

As a wide receiver, maybe.

(07-02-2019, 08:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 07:21 AM)DragonFury Wrote: And yet there are still people saying he'll come back any moment now.

As a wide receiver, maybe.

Or a kicker

Or a tee retriever.