Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-10-2019, 03:44 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So, the Darlo clan is growing by one and this was our Facebook reveal!

[Image: e6e83e4e5141d6a737e3052234cab6a0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, Darlo!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Every time I pop in here to see what’s new darlo’s popping out another kid lol. Congrats again man this is 3?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(12-10-2019, 08:58 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Every time I pop in here to see what’s new darlo’s popping out another kid lol. Congrats again man this is 3?

Haha thanks!! Yeah 3rd.... and final!!  Big Grin
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Ya good luck number 4 came 14 months after 3.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Congratulations!

Have you figured out what keeps causing it yet? Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-10-2019, 02:27 PM)Rico Wrote: I would just like to state that I did not enjoy the game on Sunday, should anyone be curious.

Nothing less than free beer and a lap dance would have made that game enjoyable!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

So let's continue to [BLEEP] about this work crap. Apparently new management was quite pleased with their propaganda video presented to management and above at our annual meeting. Therefore they are going to make us peons go view the video they prepared for upper management. I have to go downtown at lunch to watch this this and will most likely be awe inspired. I don't understand why we're having to go all of this distance when there are hotels and conference rooms all over the place right around the office. And this one isn't an optional affair (and no free booze).

I can't wait.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Back in the office job days, I looked at off site meetings/lunches as an opportunity not to work for a few hours. And a slight chance they say we can all go home afterwards. No matter how lame it may have been. But I also can’t explain just how much being in an office irritates the hell out of me.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 09:11 AM by Jags.)

(12-10-2019, 03:44 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: So, the Darlo clan is growing by one and this was our Facebook reveal!

[Image: e6e83e4e5141d6a737e3052234cab6a0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats again Darlo!  

Don’t take this the wrong way, but your wife, assuming she is the one in blue shirt and black pants, looks...well...  Hey man, congrats on the baby!

That is a cute way to do a reveal, btw.

(12-11-2019, 09:05 AM)Jags Wrote: Back in the office job days, I looked at off site meetings/lunches as an opportunity not to work for a few hours.  And a slight chance they say we can all go home afterwards.  No matter how lame it may have been.  But I also can’t explain just how much being in an office irritates the hell out of me.

I wish they'd just leave me alone and let me do my IT thing.  I don't need to know half of this [BLEEP] that they're shoveling us.  Give me a print out or a video clip.

(12-11-2019, 09:11 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:05 AM)Jags Wrote: Back in the office job days, I looked at off site meetings/lunches as an opportunity not to work for a few hours.  And a slight chance they say we can all go home afterwards.  No matter how lame it may have been.  But I also can’t explain just how much being in an office irritates the hell out of me.

I wish they'd just leave me alone and let me do my IT thing.  I don't need to know half of this [BLEEP] that they're shoveling us.  Give me a print out or a video clip.

I often wondered why I needed to hear some of that stuff too.  

Does that mean you like your work, or you just want to do your work and not be bothered?

(12-11-2019, 09:17 AM)Jags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:11 AM)Rico Wrote: I wish they'd just leave me alone and let me do my IT thing.  I don't need to know half of this [BLEEP] that they're shoveling us.  Give me a print out or a video clip.

I often wondered why I needed to hear some of that stuff too.  

Does that mean you like your work, or you just want to do your work and not be bothered?

I like what I do but it is becoming increasingly difficult to really enjoy it in this environment.

Plus, getting close to retiring, I'm less and less tolerant of the unnecessary corporate baloney. 

And I need another coffee....

(12-11-2019, 09:21 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:17 AM)Jags Wrote: I often wondered why I needed to hear some of that stuff too.  

I like what I do but it is becoming increasingly difficult to really enjoy it in this environment.

Plus, getting close to retiring, I'm less and less tolerant of the unnecessary corporate baloney. 

That was going to be the next question, if retirement was in the relative near future.  I guess everyone looks at things different.  If I was close to retiring, I’d probably have an easier time ignoring the BS that happens.  Knowing I won’t be there but for another year or two.   Huge plus is that you like doing your job.  Not many people can say that.

(12-11-2019, 09:43 AM)Jags Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:21 AM)Rico Wrote: I like what I do but it is becoming increasingly difficult to really enjoy it in this environment.

That was going to be the next question, if retirement was in the relative near future.  I guess everyone looks at things different.  If I was close to retiring, I’d probably have an easier time ignoring the BS that happens.  Knowing I won’t be there but for another year or two.   Huge plus is that you like doing your job.  Not many people can say that.

Come back to me on that when you've been working full time for 40+ years.   Smile

(12-11-2019, 09:45 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:43 AM)Jags Wrote: That was going to be the next question, if retirement was in the relative near future.  I guess everyone looks at things different.  If I was close to retiring, I’d probably have an easier time ignoring the BS that happens.  Knowing I won’t be there but for another year or two.   Huge plus is that you like doing your job.  Not many people can say that.

Come back to me on that when you've been working full time for 40+ years.   Smile

Fair enough.  It’s only been 20 years so far for me.  But the last 12 never really felt like work.  Only on occasions.   Which is weird, I guess for a labor job.

Congrats Darlo!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-11-2019, 08:24 AM)Rico Wrote: So let's continue to [BLEEP] about this work crap.  Apparently new management was quite pleased with their propaganda video presented to management and above at our annual meeting.  Therefore they are going to make us peons go view the video they prepared for upper management.  I have to go downtown at lunch to watch this this and will most likely be awe inspired.  I don't understand why we're having to go all of this distance when there are hotels and conference rooms all over the place right around the office.  And this one isn't an optional affair (and no free booze).  

I can't wait.

Update.  I'm bored to tears.

(12-11-2019, 03:24 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 08:24 AM)Rico Wrote: So let's continue to [BLEEP] about this work crap.  Apparently new management was quite pleased with their propaganda video presented to management and above at our annual meeting.  Therefore they are going to make us peons go view the video they prepared for upper management.  I have to go downtown at lunch to watch this this and will most likely be awe inspired.  I don't understand why we're having to go all of this distance when there are hotels and conference rooms all over the place right around the office.  And this one isn't an optional affair (and no free booze).  

I can't wait.

Update.  I'm bored to tears.

You didn’t bring a flask?

(12-11-2019, 09:21 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:17 AM)Jags Wrote: I often wondered why I needed to hear some of that stuff too.  

I can certainly understand what you are saying.  I love what I do and have been doing it for quite the number of years and am getting close to retirement.  However, I no longer look forward to going to work anymore.  Most of the people that I've worked with over the years have retired already and the workplace just doesn't seem "fun" anymore.

We have been making progress on our retirement homestead (35 acres away from people) and hope to start construction soon.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ok, so Rico likes his job and JIB just recently has not looked forward to going into work. So, a question for you two along with other “more experienced “ posters... is that the norm?? I personally don’t hate my job. I’m my own boss. I make good money. I don’t feel like I’ve actually gone to work in over 12 years. But, I surely can’t say I like going to work. If given the option, I’d rather stay home. I’ve always thought work was what you did to pay bills and save/invest( or what not) for retirement. Me personally, it’s a choice of lesser evils. It pays well, I’m the boss, and I essentially do “chores” for the old, rich and lazy. That is if I dumb it down. Just doesn’t feel like work. But I don’t love it. Love the perks and [BLEEP] ton of time off in winter. But are you really supposed to love your job? Or did you two get lucky or work extra hard to do what you wanted to?