Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-23-2019, 10:17 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:11 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yikes!  Sick

I hope she realizes what she's in for.  This is a long process.  Mine still isn't 100% 'normal' yet and it's been a solid 8 months.

I broke mine back in 2012 falling UP my porch steps ( don’t judge me! Angry ) and it still bothers me sometimes.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-23-2019, 10:23 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:17 AM)Rico Wrote: I hope she realizes what she's in for.  This is a long process.  Mine still isn't 100% 'normal' yet and it's been a solid 8 months.

I broke mine back in 2012 falling UP my porch steps ( don’t judge me! Angry ) and it still bothers me sometimes.

*hic*

(12-23-2019, 10:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:23 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I broke mine back in 2012 falling UP my porch steps ( don’t judge me! Angry ) and it still bothers me sometimes.

*hic*

Nope...running to get out of a down pour. I wish I’d have been drinking. The story would have been much better!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Dang, I had to turn on the AC this morning to get the humidity down in the house. Clammy is not a good feel.

(12-29-2019, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dang, I had to turn on the AC this morning to get the humidity down in the house. Clammy is not a good feel.

White Christmas of the Florida sort.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-29-2019, 12:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dang, I had to turn on the AC this morning to get the humidity down in the house. Clammy is not a good feel.

White Christmas of the Florida sort.

I don't miss FL weather at all. That being said, it's 73° here in central NC today and will be the same tomorrow until a cold front comes through with rain and drops us into the low 50s for Tuesday. Really weird weather going on here for late December.

(12-29-2019, 03:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 12:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: White Christmas of the Florida sort.

I don't miss FL weather at all. That being said, it's 73° here in central NC today and will be the same tomorrow until a cold front comes through with rain and drops us into the low 50s for Tuesday. Really weird weather going on here for late December.

I've actually been considering a move to PA or TX.  The tough thing will be convincing my wife as she despises the cold.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 09:47 AM by homebiscuit.)

People moving to Florida in droves and the people in Florida moving out.

I wouldn’t mind the snow bird life; go north during the heat of summer then live here during the cold of winter. That’s costly and disruptive, though. Huntsville, Alabama is a nice place. The winters are relatively mild and the summers not as long as here. I’ve been there a few times and really like the place. The kids and grandkids are here, though. So here I stay.

I'd have been happier in the mountains but this is where my husband has lived his whole life and his job with local government for the last 27 years is here so we're not moving anywhere. He could find a local government job in the mountains so he doesn't lose his pension and benefits and such, but a supervisor position of a wastewater plant there pays a lot less than an operator position here and we have significant medical bills to pay off from my surgery and all the testing, MRIs, CT scans, etc., from 2017-18.

Still, our worst weather day here is better than the best weather day in FL. I'm originally from CO and hated every minute of living in FL even though I was basically raised there. My DNA reads COLORADO. Lol.

I’m actively working on moving to other Wyoming or Tennessee as a compromise. Wyoming is my first choice but that would be a hard relocation so we may settle on the Tennessee area. But if we’re in Florida in 5 years something changed.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Is it time to go yet?

Taking my first sick day off in 5 years. One kid positive for the flu, 2nd kid has strep throat and the flu, 3+4 starting to cough and have fevers like 1+2 and now I feel like crud.

Regardless I have to be contagious as I don’t know what so figured it’s better to take the 2 days off and get over whatever the kids have given me.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Well that sucks.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213180804161056769

(01-05-2020, 08:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well that sucks.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213180804161056769

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the pilot speaking.  In preparation for landing, please put your tray tables up, your seatbacks into an upright position and move to the far right side of the airplane.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 02:43 PM by RicoTx.)

Welp, had my annual physical today and everything seems to be working normally I get to keep everything in tact.  She was quite impressed by the 47 pound drop in weight.  

So am I.   Smile

(01-09-2020, 12:21 PM)Rico Wrote: Welp, had my annual physical today and everything seems to be working normally I d get to keep everything in tact.  She was quite impressed by the 47 pound drop in weight.  

So am I.   Smile

Nice work Rico!

(01-09-2020, 12:21 PM)Rico Wrote: Welp, had my annual physical today and everything seems to be working normally I get to keep everything in tact.  She was quite impressed by the 47 pound drop in weight.  

So am I.   Smile

Good job! I'll drink to your health.  Big Grin

(01-09-2020, 10:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 12:21 PM)Rico Wrote: Welp, had my annual physical today and everything seems to be working normally I get to keep everything in tact.  She was quite impressed by the 47 pound drop in weight.  

So am I.   Smile

Good job! I'll drink to your health.  Big Grin

Let's not get carried away here.  I never said that I stopped doing that.     Laughing

Been having a rough few months. Having a hard time dealing with some family health issues. My mentor, teacher, friend and father hasn’t been doing so well. It hurts. He is the Jack of all trades. Even at almost 40, he’s the guy I go to with any problem. He has the wisdom and experience to help me with whatever I had issues with. Be it large or small. And at close to 40, I still feel like a “kid” around him. But, I’m not sure how much longer it’ll last.

(01-15-2020, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: Been having a rough few months.  Having a hard time dealing with some family health issues.  My mentor, teacher, friend and father hasn’t been doing so well.  It hurts.  He is the Jack of all trades.  Even at almost 40, he’s the guy I go to with any problem. He has the wisdom and experience to help me with whatever I had issues with.  Be it large or small.  And at close to 40, I still feel like a “kid” around him.  But, I’m not sure how much longer it’ll last.

You're starting to hit that age where fewer deaths are unexpected. It's a hard time as your elders begin to fade, then sunset. It's really the opposite of the happiness of The Marrying Years when all your friends get serious in their relationships and you need to rent a tux more often than you ever will again. Get all the time you can, talk and learn all you want to know. Use your phone to record. You'll be thankful for the memories one day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato