Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 08:34 AM by RicoTx.)

Meh...job interview went well but I really don't think I want it.  Didn't realize that it was a position in San Antonio as opposed to Ft. Worth.  That's at least a 4 1/2 hour drive.  The object was to get out near my daughters.  I don't want to take the spot in San Antonio only to have to uproot again once I find something in Ft. Worth.  I'd really like this to be my last move.

I still have other applications pending...so probably just going to wait it out unless if they offer me the job.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2020, 08:33 AM)Rico Wrote: Meh...job interview went well but I really don't think I want it.  Didn't realize that it was a position in San Antonio as opposed to Ft. Worth.  That's at least a 4 1/2 hour drive.  The object was to get out near my daughters.  I don't want to take the spot in San Antonio only to have to uproot again once I find something in Ft. Worth.  I'd really like this to be my last move.

I still have other applications pending...so probably just going to wait it out unless if they offer me the job.

That sucks.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-24-2020, 08:33 AM)Rico Wrote: Meh...job interview went well but I really don't think I want it.  Didn't realize that it was a position in San Antonio as opposed to Ft. Worth.  That's at least a 4 1/2 hour drive.  The object was to get out near my daughters.  I don't want to take the spot in San Antonio only to have to uproot again once I find something in Ft. Worth.  I'd really like this to be my last move.

"Perhaps I did not adequately explain my terms of employment."

[Image: GTY_god_father_ml_141217_16x9_992.jpg]

On the flip-side San Antonio is a really nice area of Texas.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 03:00 PM by RicoTx.)

(03-24-2020, 02:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

That sucks.

Already have another phone interview on Thursday.   Smile

(03-24-2020, 02:58 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

On the flip-side San Antonio is a really nice area of Texas.

Oh yeah, I really like San Antonio.  I'll probably make weekend trips once I get out to Ft. Worth.

I like Texans, we speak the same language.

(03-23-2020, 09:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 05:27 PM)Jags Wrote: I wish I could work from home.  

“Thank you for choosing “Xxxxxxx Lawn Care”. Your goat will be delivered on xx-xx-20.  

Or I can upside down a drone.  Idk how I’d edge or trim it.  But considering grass will make a set of 3 18” steel blades dull after a week, not sure the drone thing would work.  

And... how in the hell does grass tear up some heavy [BLEEP] steal blade?  This blade is commercial grade.  A set off three is heavy and measures  3/4 inch and weighs 6.8 lbs.  seriously!?

They're absolutely starting to use drones in my field. Once we have it down, it won't be too far behind in yours.

You guys get the ball rolling on that.  I’ve had a few ideas in the past that I’ve eventually saw in the field.  Who knows, if I knew how to develop some of this stuff I could be half retired by now.  The only thing I haven’t seen is the most useful of my ideas.  Not sure how drones or whatever would work, but I’d be interested.  I understand gps could help, but on 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots, there could be some margin of error.

(03-24-2020, 06:04 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: They're absolutely starting to use drones in my field. Once we have it down, it won't be too far behind in yours.

You guys get the ball rolling on that.  I’ve had a few ideas in the past that I’ve eventually saw in the field.  Who knows, if I knew how to develop some of this stuff I could be half retired by now.  The only thing I haven’t seen is the most useful of my ideas.  Not sure how drones or whatever would work, but I’d be interested.  I understand gps could help, but on 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots, there could be some margin of error.

They plant whole sections (640 acres) by GPS now. It must be a different level of technology because my cell phone certainly isn't as accurate as these planting machines. They're perfect down to an inch. 

Most of the vineyards here are old enough that they were measured out by hand. My rows are supposed to be 12 feet center to center. I have spots that are 14 feet and some that are 8 feet.

My brother's brothers field has some rows that not only weave in and out but are planted on a curve hahaha. We've come a long way.

I'm cooking Johnsonville Brats on the grill tonight. If you come by, bring your own rolls and condiments and I'll toss the brats to you in the driveway.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 05:57 PM by Jags.)

(03-25-2020, 02:52 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm cooking Johnsonville Brats on the grill tonight.  If you come by, bring your own rolls and condiments and I'll toss the brats to you in the driveway.

Are you suggesting Publix’s bread aisle was swept clean?

Whoa, had a thought.  Maybe I’m just naive.  You’re trying to throw your sausage but just need a bun to put it in.   I’m not sure why I didn’t think of that first. You kinda threw that over the plate, pardon the puns.  

Your dinner sounds awesome.  Enjoy! Make sure you have a few beers while grilling.  I suggest slow cooking so you get to drink more.

(03-25-2020, 05:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 02:52 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm cooking Johnsonville Brats on the grill tonight.  If you come by, bring your own rolls and condiments and I'll toss the brats to you in the driveway.

Are you suggesting Publix’s bread aisle was swept clean?

Whoa, had a thought.  Maybe I’m just naive.  You’re trying to throw your sausage but just need a bun to put it in.   I’m not sure why I didn’t think of that first. You kinda threw that over the plate, pardon the puns.  

Your dinner sounds awesome.  Enjoy! Make sure you have a few beers while grilling.  I suggest slow cooking so you get to drink more.

Social distancing man....social distancing.

(03-26-2020, 07:48 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 05:10 PM)Jags Wrote: Are you suggesting Publix’s bread aisle was swept clean?

Social distancing man....social distancing.

Yeah,
I got that. But,
Do you still have any left?  I’m still hungry.

(03-27-2020, 09:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 07:48 AM)Rico Wrote: Social distancing man....social distancing.

Yeah,
I got that. But,

Long gone.

Got to go from Moon Dog Pie House tonight.

(03-27-2020, 09:42 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Yeah,
I got that. But,

Long gone.

Got to go from Moon Dog Pie House tonight.

Well heck, I’m a big pizza fan.

Man, anyone heard from Darlo?

I just remembered he is an EMT. If you see this check in buddy!

(03-29-2020, 01:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man, anyone heard from Darlo?

Oh yeah. Man, he's probably been hammered with long work hours. I hope he's okay.

(03-29-2020, 11:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 01:20 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man, anyone heard from Darlo?

Oh yeah. Man, he's probably been hammered with long work hours. I hope he's okay.

He’s been on Xbox here and there.

(03-30-2020, 06:30 AM)Jags Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Oh yeah. Man, he's probably been hammered with long work hours. I hope he's okay.

He’s been on Xbox here and there.

What a slacker.

I have second interview in 45 minutes with a company in Ft. Worth. I'm assuming it must be a good sign because I only did my first interview on Thursday about the position.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 04:06 PM by Jags.)

(03-30-2020, 07:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 06:30 AM)Jags Wrote: He’s been on Xbox here and there.

What a slacker.

I didn’t check, but it’s very possible he wasn’t gaming and just watching TV.  So, he’s still alive at least.  Hopefully he doesn’t catch this crap while working.

(03-30-2020, 10:19 AM)Rico Wrote: I have second interview in 45 minutes with a company in Ft. Worth.  I'm assuming it must be a good sign because I only did my first interview on Thursday about the position.

Here’s a Belated good luck.