Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-23-2020, 04:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 03:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Figured it out.  Hint... the answer can almost be solved in the first 3 hints.

EDIT:  There are two possible answers to this.  It's either 012 or 042.

It could be said that 012 is not correct because the second clue does not imply two right numbers. 
I argued this with my daughter who solved it before anyone else in the family.

Yeah I saw that after my post.  It is a good riddle though.  I love solving stuff like this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, thanks for posting. Any other ideas you have to make me feel stoopid? Post it. It was fun.

062?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 07:03 PM by homebiscuit.)

(04-23-2020, 06:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 062?

Close. That seems to be most people's first solution, including mine.

(04-23-2020, 04:27 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It could be said that 012 is not correct because the second clue does not imply two right numbers. 
I argued this with my daughter who solved it before anyone else in the family.

The second clue eliminates 1 because it already can not be in the left or right spaces.

Yep, which is the point my daughter made. How dare she correct her old man.

(04-23-2020, 05:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Yes, thanks for posting.   Any other ideas you have to make me feel stoopid?   Post it.  It was fun.

I haven't used my old brain that hard in a long time.

(04-23-2020, 06:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 06:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 062?

Close. That seems to be most people's first solution, including mine.

(04-23-2020, 04:27 PM)Sneakers Wrote: The second clue eliminates 1 because it already can not be in the left or right spaces.

(04-23-2020, 05:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Yes, thanks for posting.   Any other ideas you have to make me feel stoopid?   Post it.  It was fun.

(04-23-2020, 08:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 06:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Close. That seems to be most people's first solution, including mine.

It’s 55378008 you may have to look at it upside down.

I give up! Laughing

(04-23-2020, 08:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I give up! Laughing

Not yet! You're only one digit off with 062, and the 6 is wrong. Almost there.

(04-23-2020, 08:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 08:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I give up! Laughing

Not yet! You're only one digit off with 062, and the 6 is wrong. Almost there.

[Image: 2-E38-E506-0064-49-BA-8-AF0-4-EF28330722-F.jpg]

(04-23-2020, 09:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 08:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not yet! You're only one digit off with 062, and the 6 is wrong. Almost there.

[Image: 2-E38-E506-0064-49-BA-8-AF0-4-EF28330722-F.jpg]

But only on Wednesdays...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2020, 09:30 AM by RicoTx.)

Well, I've advanced to the 'last round' of the interview process with Wells Fargo.  I have to do a case study.  I'm assuming they'll send me some data with outliers in it and I have to put together a presentation to explain the problems.  If I get that done well, I'm expecting an offer.  They have a great benefits package and I'd only have to be in the office 14 days out of the month...working at home the rest of the days.  So...we could have another Jaguars fan in Texas in a couple of months.  

I'm hoping that I get the job but still a bit nervous about making the switch.  I've been in Florida for 29 years now.  But...I'm jumping the gun.  Still need to see what happens.  I'm supposed to get my case study sometime today and I present it to a group of  management types on Monday.

(04-29-2020, 07:55 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, I've advanced to the 'last round' of the interview process with Wells Fargo.  I have to do a case study.  I'm assuming they'll send me some data with outliers in it and I have to put together a presentation to explain the problems.  If I get that done well, I'm expecting an offer.  They have a great benefits package and I'd only have to be in the office 14 days out of the month...working at home the rest of the days.  So...we could have another Jaguars fan it Texas in a couple of months.  

I'm hoping that I get the job but still a bit nervous about making the switch.  I've been in Florida for 29 years now.  But...I'm jumping the gun.  Still need to see what happens.  I'm supposed to get my case study today sometime and I present it to a group of  management types on Monday.

Good luck, Rico. I hope you do well.

Don't sweat the case study. Just give a dismissive wave of the hand and say "Pshh, it'll work itself out. How much is my salary?"

(04-29-2020, 07:55 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, I've advanced to the 'last round' of the interview process with Wells Fargo.  I have to do a case study.  I'm assuming they'll send me some data with outliers in it and I have to put together a presentation to explain the problems.  If I get that done well, I'm expecting an offer.  They have a great benefits package and I'd only have to be in the office 14 days out of the month...working at home the rest of the days.  So...we could have another Jaguars fan in Texas in a couple of months.  

I'm hoping that I get the job but still a bit nervous about making the switch.  I've been in Florida for 29 years now.  But...I'm jumping the gun.  Still need to see what happens.  I'm supposed to get my case study sometime today and I present it to a group of  management types on Monday.

Good luck Rico.  Texas would actually be my second choice as far as a state to live in after Florida.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Break a leg, wait....

Good luck.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020, 06:25 PM by RicoTx.)

(04-29-2020, 01:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 07:55 AM)Rico Wrote: Well, I've advanced to the 'last round' of the interview process with Wells Fargo.  I have to do a case study.  I'm assuming they'll send me some data with outliers in it and I have to put together a presentation to explain the problems.  If I get that done well, I'm expecting an offer.  They have a great benefits package and I'd only have to be in the office 14 days out of the month...working at home the rest of the days.  So...we could have another Jaguars fan in Texas in a couple of months.  

Good luck Rico.  Texas would actually be my second choice as far as a state to live in after Florida.

My daughters are out there.  I've been out to visit a few times so I'm familiar with the area.  I like it a lot.  It would behoove me financially.  And my wife is warning to the idea.  I don't think she's completely on board but she understands it's a really good opportunity.

I finished up my analysis on the data provided.  I just need to put it into a presentation format to show to the make believe clients.  That happens Monday.  It's nothing I haven't done in the real world, although they threw a couple of unrealistic twists in the data.

We'll see what happens.

(04-30-2020, 06:24 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 01:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Good luck Rico.  Texas would actually be my second choice as far as a state to live in after Florida.

My daughters are out there.  I've been out to visit a few times so I'm familiar with the area.  I like it a lot.  It would behoove me financially.  And my wife is warning to the idea.  I don't think she's completely on board but she understands it's a really good opportunity.

I finished up my analysis on the data provided.  I just need to put it into a presentation format to show to the make believe clients.  That happens Monday.  It's nothing I haven't done in the real world, although they threw a couple of unrealistic twists in the data.

We'll see what happens.

You're a Jags fan so it shouldn't be a problem. :-)

(04-29-2020, 01:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Well, I did my mock presentation at 11:00.  I had an email at 12:30 saying they wanted to talk money with me.  I put them off until tomorrow.  I told them I was a little backed up on work (which isn't a total fabrication) and I wanted to make it seem like I wasn't over anxious.  

I need to have a serious discussion with Mrs. Rico as she was thinking and hoping that this would not become a reality.  I'm also hoping I didn't go through all of this for nothing and they lowball me.  I'll have none of that at this stage in my career/life.

Got a big decision to make and hopefully they make it tougher to turn down.  We'll see tomorrow.

(05-04-2020, 02:45 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 01:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Good luck Rico.  Texas would actually be my second choice as far as a state to live in after Florida.

Well, I did my mock presentation at 11:00.  I had an email at 12:30 saying they wanted to talk money with me.  I put them off until tomorrow.  I told them I was a little backed up on work (which isn't a total fabrication) and I wanted to make it seem like I wasn't over anxious.  

I need to have a serious discussion with Mrs. Rico as she was thinking and hoping that this would not become a reality.  I'm also hoping I didn't go through all of this for nothing and they lowball me.  I'll have none of that at this stage in my career/life.

Got a big decision to make and hopefully they make it tougher to turn down.  We'll see tomorrow.

Well, you know your worth, so stick to your guns and get what you want out of it.

Or as others would say, don't accept anywhere near that little!  Big Grin
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-04-2020, 03:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 02:45 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, I did my mock presentation at 11:00.  I had an email at 12:30 saying they wanted to talk money with me.  I put them off until tomorrow.  I told them I was a little backed up on work (which isn't a total fabrication) and I wanted to make it seem like I wasn't over anxious.  

Well, you know your worth, so stick to your guns and get what you want out of it.

Oh, I'm definitely sticking to my guns.  Especially with the missus waffling on me now.  Worst that can happen is I stay where I'm at.  My main issue with that, and why I started looking in general, is that I'm concerned that I'll get layed off.  New owners and all, and quite honestly I just haven't had much to do and if I were management I'd be looking at my position to 'downsize'.  And if I get layed off the job market in Jacksonville for my skillset just blows right now.  I could land another gig, but I couldn't manage the sizable cut in salary that I know I'd have to take.

(05-04-2020, 03:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 02:45 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, I did my mock presentation at 11:00.  I had an email at 12:30 saying they wanted to talk money with me.  I put them off until tomorrow.  I told them I was a little backed up on work (which isn't a total fabrication) and I wanted to make it seem like I wasn't over anxious.  

[Image: rpU_H3EoezCMSxfgyKRZPG2uRPS3bieG_8IInujO...n0qh2o2hNQ]