Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Seeing advertisements for medicines which offer the chance to live longer sure puts our problems in perspective, doesn't it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-22-2020, 02:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Seeing advertisements for medicines which offer the chance to live longer sure puts our problems in perspective, doesn't it?

Pfizer and Merck saved my life, I won't complain.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As much as the capitalistic side of business within healthcare/biotech/biopharma is magnified, there is still good that drives the science behind it.

(11-15-2020, 08:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 2020 hasn't been all bad. SpaceX just successfully launched four astronauts on their way to the International Space Station. The U.S. is officially back in the astronaut launch business.

https://satellitemap.space/

Thought you might like this.

(11-26-2020, 05:46 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 08:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: 2020 hasn't been all bad. SpaceX just successfully launched four astronauts on their way to the International Space Station. The U.S. is officially back in the astronaut launch business.

That's pretty cool. 

I've tried a couple of times, without success, to view a Starlink train. Timing and resolve are the key. Both are working against me.

(11-26-2020, 05:46 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Also:

http://stuffin.space

Shows the vast array of satellites/objects all around us.

Moving day. Been up all night getting the last minute packing done......... It's worth it though, found a place at 2x the sixe for 1/2 the rent
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(11-27-2020, 09:20 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Moving day. Been up all night getting the last minute packing done......... It's worth it though, found a place at 2x the sixe for 1/2 the rent

That’s always a good thing when you get more for less!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-26-2020, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-26-2020, 05:46 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://satellitemap.space/

That's pretty cool. 

I've tried a couple of times, without success, to view a Starlink train. Timing and resolve are the key. Both are working against me.

https://findstarlink.com/

There's this place out here called The Ol' South Pancake house. They serve German pancakes. I don't know if they're actually German, but they're sure [BLEEP] good. They're like humongous crepes and they do this whole routine where they squeeze fresh lemons on them and put powdered sugar on them. Best part is they're about 5 minutes from the TCU campus and they're open 24x7. And since they're so close to a college campus, depending on the time, there can be free entertainment.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 05:40 PM by RicoTx.)

In case anyone is interested, shooting a finishing nail through your fingertip out of a nail gun doesn't feel as good as you might think.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-30-2020, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: In case anyone is interested, shooting a finishing nail through you fingertip out of a nail gun doesn't feel as good as you might think.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(11-30-2020, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: In case anyone is interested, shooting a finishing nail through your fingertip out of a nail gun doesn't feel as good as you might think.

No Thank You..........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

30’s tomorrow maybe we get a cold Christmas this year?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-30-2020, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: In case anyone is interested, shooting a finishing nail through your fingertip out of a nail gun doesn't feel as good as you might think.

How good did you really expect it to feel?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-30-2020, 09:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote: 30’s tomorrow maybe we get a cold Christmas this year?

28 here and that's more than cold enough for me.

I’m hoping this cold stuns my grass into hibernation. My hope is to not start the mower again for a few months.

(12-01-2020, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m hoping this cold stuns my grass into hibernation. My hope is to not start the mower again for a few months.

You realize you probably just jinxed yourself!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-01-2020, 03:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m hoping this cold stuns my grass into hibernation. My hope is to not start the mower again for a few months.

You realize you probably just jinxed yourself!

I'll let the old lady deal with it. I am officially stunned into hibernation.

(12-01-2020, 03:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:11 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You realize you probably just jinxed yourself!

I'll let the old lady deal with it. I am officially stunned into hibernation.

That's the way to show her who wears the pants!

If you never post again, I'll just assume you forgot to log out before she got home.......
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.