Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-09-2020, 11:51 AM)mikesez Wrote: Wife likes to mull cider this time of year.
You can mix bourbon into that, too.

Mulled sweet red wine. The Lakeridge Winery in Clermont makes a really good Southern Red that's great for mulling, no bourbon needed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

HB what happened with the latest SpaceX rocket? 

Were they trying to do that?

(12-10-2020, 12:54 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: HB what happened with the latest SpaceX rocket? 

No, but according to tweets from Musk, a successful landing was only given a 30% chance. Fuel starvation to the engine caused by the rocket pitching upright again just before the landing attempt caused fuel pressure to drop. 

Otherwise, the launch was considered very successful because it validated a lot of engineering and other knowledge was gained, such as the fuel issue. 

The whole launch and descent was very cool video though.

(12-10-2020, 12:54 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: HB what happened with the latest SpaceX rocket? 

Yes, that was a prototype, Fourth of July design.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Wow! Just watched the video of that rocket. Despite it failing to land properly, that’s still VERY impressive. Watching it fall horizontally and almost immediately right itself is well, impressive.

(12-10-2020, 07:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

No, but according to tweets from Musk, a successful landing was only given a 30% chance. Fuel starvation to the engine caused by the rocket pitching upright again just before the landing attempt caused fuel pressure to drop. 

Otherwise, the launch was considered very successful because it validated a lot of engineering and other knowledge was gained, such as the fuel issue. 

The whole launch and descent was very cool video though.

Thanks, I'll buy you a beer on the first passenger ship to Mars.

What's actually the objective/point of this thread?

(12-10-2020, 09:55 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: What's actually the objective/point of this thread?

Where you can talk about anything you want...except sports, religion and politics.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-10-2020, 10:04 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 09:55 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: What's actually the objective/point of this thread?

Where you can talk about anything you want...except sports, religion and politics.

Thank-you so much!

What if I don't want to talk about anything? Which thread is that?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-10-2020, 10:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: What if I don't want to talk about anything?  Which thread is that?

It’s on the last page of the board.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-10-2020, 10:43 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 10:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: What if I don't want to talk about anything?  Which thread is that?

Can you bump it for us? All this "having to talk about stuff" nonsense is tweaking my anxiety to much to actually look for it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-10-2020, 10:43 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Where's my "ur dum" button?

(12-11-2020, 08:47 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 10:43 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s on the last page of the board.

Where's my "ur dum" button?

How's Texas?

(12-11-2020, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 08:47 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Where's my "ur dum" button?

How's Texas?

I like it a lot.  Oddly, I wish I could get back into the office to work.  Not that I mind being at home, but it makes it difficult to meet anybody when you're working at home all the time.  I love the area.  Really like the new house.  And I'm close to my kids.  So things are good.

(12-11-2020, 05:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 04:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: How's Texas?

I like it a lot.  Oddly, I wish I could get back into the office to work.  Not that I mind being at home, but it makes it difficult to meet anybody when you're working at home all the time.  I love the area.  Really like the new house.  And I'm close to my kids.  So things are good.

Glad to hear that. I can imagine it being a little bit of an odd time to switch jobs. Are you in a city area or more countryside?

(12-11-2020, 05:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 05:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I like it a lot.  Oddly, I wish I could get back into the office to work.  Not that I mind being at home, but it makes it difficult to meet anybody when you're working at home all the time.  I love the area.  Really like the new house.  And I'm close to my kids.  So things are good.

Glad to hear that. I can imagine it being a little bit of an odd time to switch jobs. Are you in a city area or more countryside?

I would say kinda neither.  I'm definitely in the burbs.  Kinda unique where I could go 5 miles one way and I'm more in the city and 5 miles the other and I'm out in farm land.  The other thing that I find interesting is that a lot of the bigger corporations, with large properties, around here have cattle or horses roaming around on their land because it gives them some sort of tax break.  My daughter works at Fidelity out here and they have a herd of longhorns.

(12-11-2020, 06:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 05:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Glad to hear that. I can imagine it being a little bit of an odd time to switch jobs. Are you in a city area or more countryside?

I would say kinda neither.  I'm definitely in the burbs.  Kinda unique where I could go 5 miles one way and I'm more in the city and 5 miles the other and I'm out in farm land.  The other thing that I find interesting is that a lot of the bigger corporations, with large properties, around here have cattle or horses roaming around on their land because it gives them some sort of tax break.  My daughter works at Fidelity out here and they have a herd of longhorns.

I imagine the cattle cut the lawn maintenance by a bit as well.

(12-11-2020, 06:28 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 06:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I would say kinda neither.  I'm definitely in the burbs.  Kinda unique where I could go 5 miles one way and I'm more in the city and 5 miles the other and I'm out in farm land.  The other thing that I find interesting is that a lot of the bigger corporations, with large properties, around here have cattle or horses roaming around on their land because it gives them some sort of tax break.  My daughter works at Fidelity out here and they have a herd of longhorns.

I imagine the cattle cut the lawn maintenance by a bit as well.

I want a herd of goats for this.

(12-11-2020, 06:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 06:28 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I imagine the cattle cut the lawn maintenance by a bit as well.

I want a herd of goats for this.

Lawn mowers shouldn't poop.