Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-24-2021, 11:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: We bought a new pup yesterday.. We drove from Green Cove to Melbourne to go and pick her up.. 8 week old German Shepherd pup. She came with AKC registration papers, but we decided not to register her. Don't feel the need to.. Plus her parents had weird German names like Sabre Von Rinehardt Heffenstandler, and we just like the name Bermuda for her.

[Image: 2jPDAv.jpg]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Cute Doggie.......

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-24-2021, 12:12 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 11:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: We bought a new pup yesterday.. We drove from Green Cove to Melbourne to go and pick her up.. 8 week old German Shepherd pup. She came with AKC registration papers, but we decided not to register her. Don't feel the need to.. Plus her parents had weird German names like Sabre Von Rinehardt Heffenstandler, and we just like the name Bermuda for her.

[Image: 2jPDAv.jpg]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Cute Doggie.......

Thanks.. I'm actually surprised how adaptive she is with the other pets.. We have a few house cats and another dog (bassett hound).. The cats hissed and swiped at her a few times yesterday, and this morning when we were having coffee, her and couple cats were curled up in the florida room, asleep..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Omg!!! That’s the cutest doggie!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-24-2021, 01:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Omg!!! That’s the cutest doggie!!

Thanks!!

She's so well behaved.. I mean, she's a pup so she has puppy energy, but she listens already.. You just look at her, point your finger and say no, and she stops what she's doing and listens.. Extremely smart...

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 06:58 PM by Jags.)

(01-23-2021, 12:22 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Couple questions,  

1. What’s your thoughts on bagpipes?  Lame at first thought.  But pretty damn cool at the same time.  Bon Scott proves the latter.  Since then, I’ve learned to respect them.

2. Beards.  I’ve decided to do it.  But Like all things in life, I’m all in or fold..  I don’t want a skinny Jean man bun beard.  I’m talking full on ZZ Top/Duck Dynasty beard.  Like what men were born to have.  I’m one month in.  I’m digging it and have purchased  beard products. Past the it’s itchy stage.  And I’ve got to say, these products have softened this sweet [BLEEP] man fur up.

1. I can't listen to a bagpipe without thinking of 9/11. Ever. 

2. My brother has a Duck Dynasty beard, or as close as his facial hair allows. He was always clean shaven until he became best friends with an Army Spec Ops guy who was deployed more than anybody I know. Every time his buddy went out he grew a beard so my brother began growing his out as a way of support. Now his buddy is stateside until retirement but my brother keeps the beard. 

What product do you use? My brothers birthday is coming up and maybe I can get him something to tame that thing with. His wife would appreciate it.

I bought an oil, balm, boar hair brush, comb and scissors from a brand called Rapid Beard.  There are MANY brands out there.  I’m new to all this but am satisfied with it.  I probably will try other brands scented or not(current stuff un-scented).  So, I’d say check out reviews.  He may or may not already be using the stuff.

(01-23-2021, 12:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:47 PM)Jags Wrote: Couple questions,  

1. What’s your thoughts on bagpipes?  Lame at first thought.  But pretty damn cool at the same time.  Bon Scott proves the latter.  Since then, I’ve learned to respect them.

2. Beards.  I’ve decided to do it.  But Like all things in life, I’m all in or fold..  I don’t want a skinny Jean man bun beard.  I’m talking full on ZZ Top/Duck Dynasty beard.  Like what men were born to have.  I’m one month in.  I’m digging it and have purchased  beard products. Past the it’s itchy stage.  And I’ve got to say, these products have softened this sweet [BLEEP] man fur up.

Bagpipes are cool dude..

I have a beard.. been growing it for a couple of years now.. kind of a devil beard that almost reaches my stomach.. I use Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner for it.. Gives it a nice shine and provides good form.. Makes the beard soft too..

Side note: I have two grey streaks on the sides of the beard.. Kinda cool..
That sounds pretty damn cool with the streaks.  I’ve got some gray going on.  Enough to make me feel “old” but not enough to scare away 20 somethings.   If anything, it’s bringing ‘em out.  Good? Bad? Idk.  I’m married.  If you shaved the non gray parts, sounds like you can become a full time wizard if I’m picturing it right

Cute pup, btw!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 07:05 PM by Jags.)

(01-23-2021, 09:09 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:36 PM)Jags Wrote: Torn muscle on ribs.  Having the hiccups, not so bueno.  Kinda funny. Makes me laugh at myself, which in turn, not so bueno.  I still have no clue how the heck I pulled that darn muscle.  Good gosh, will it ever heal?

When I tore my labrum in my left shoulder about fifteen years ago doing landscaping, I never thought about it.

That is until I had to turn around and see what was in back of me.  It was before backup cams were in our vehicles.  So I'd get a reminder QUICKLY if I went to back up and forgot about it.

Oh...and the rib thing...hell, you can do that from sneezing too hard.

If I had to guess, a coughing fit I had coupled with repeatedly getting hit in the ribs by the knee of a 6 yr old that made her way into bed are the culprits.  Both happened around the same time.  Coughing first, then 3 nice knees to the ribs the following night.  I told the doc, if I worked in an office, I wouldn’t be here.  Problem is, in doing my day job, every motion seems to aggravate it.  Like backing up, that’s just another move that’s been getting me.  Backing my trailer up in the garage. Even driving sucks if I use my left arm.    Work just seemed to make it worse.  A couple days off now, seems better.  But I’ve been lazy too.  We’ll see what happens.  It’ll get better eventually

(01-24-2021, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 12:22 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: 1. I can't listen to a bagpipe without thinking of 9/11. Ever. 

2. My brother has a Duck Dynasty beard, or as close as his facial hair allows. He was always clean shaven until he became best friends with an Army Spec Ops guy who was deployed more than anybody I know. Every time his buddy went out he grew a beard so my brother began growing his out as a way of support. Now his buddy is stateside until retirement but my brother keeps the beard. 

What product do you use? My brothers birthday is coming up and maybe I can get him something to tame that thing with. His wife would appreciate it.

I bought an oil, balm, boar hair brush, comb and scissors from a brand called Rapid Beard.  There are MANY brands out there.  I’m new to all this but am satisfied with it.  I probably will try other brands scented or not(current stuff un-scented).  So, I’d say check out reviews.  He may or may not already be using the stuff.

(01-23-2021, 12:52 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Bagpipes are cool dude..

I have a beard.. been growing it for a couple of years now.. kind of a devil beard that almost reaches my stomach.. I use Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner for it.. Gives it a nice shine and provides good form.. Makes the beard soft too..

Side note: I have two grey streaks on the sides of the beard.. Kinda cool..
That sounds pretty damn cool with the streaks.  I’ve got some gray going on.  Enough to make me feel “old” but not enough to scare away 20 somethings.   If anything, it’s bringing ‘em out.  Good? Bad? Idk.  I’m married.  If you shaved the non gray parts, sounds like you can become a full time wizard if I’m picturing it right

Cute pup, btw!

I wear my grey like a badge of honor haha

Dinger...your inbox is full.  Ninja

(01-24-2021, 09:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dinger...your inbox is full.  Ninja

All that damn spam haha

(01-24-2021, 09:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote: I bought an oil, balm, boar hair brush, comb and scissors from a brand called Rapid Beard.  There are MANY brands out there.  I’m new to all this but am satisfied with it.  I probably will try other brands scented or not(current stuff un-scented).  So, I’d say check out reviews.  He may or may not already be using the stuff.

Cute pup, btw!

I wear my grey like a badge of honor haha

If I had more than a few handfuls, I would too.  Ask me Again then, my answer could change. 

But seriously, two mad streaks of gray, sounds wicked!!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 09:26 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-24-2021, 09:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 09:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I wear my grey like a badge of honor haha

If I had more than a few handfuls, I would too.  Ask me Again then, my answer could change. 

But seriously, two mad streaks of gray, sounds wicked!!

Thanks.. It accents the skunk stripe I got going down the center of my head haha

(01-24-2021, 09:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dinger...your inbox is full.  Ninja

How do I empty my inbox? Can't figure it out..

Nevermind, I figured it out.. You have to be smarter than the inbox to navigate around to do it, so I googled..

(01-24-2021, 09:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Nevermind, I figured it out.. You have to be smarter than the inbox to navigate around to do it, so I googled..

Too bad there wasn’t a 10 year old around to help you. Laughing

(01-24-2021, 09:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 09:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Nevermind, I figured it out.. You have to be smarter than the inbox to navigate around to do it, so I googled..

Too bad there wasn’t a 10 year old around to help you. Laughing

I can't tell if you're sympathizing with me or makin fun.. prolly makin fun, but that's jim dandy

Sometimes my [BLEEP] tendencies come out too quick. I went to purchase more wood. 3rd time buying a truck load this season. Apparently I was getting complimented on my truck. I didn’t know that. The guys are loading my truck with the wood and what I thought was a random guy (a lawn company pays to store their fleet on the same property) walks up tries to hand me a paper which at first glance looked to be a name and address for a delivery. He tells me something I can’t quite remember but along the lines of his truck is out and I’m swapping out and taking yours. I said “excuse me?” He said “I’m taking your truck”. I replied back “ the [BLEEP] you are.” Along with the “please try me” look. The guys loading and the guy who said that all laughed. Turns out he worked there or maybe even owned the place. Idk if it was a compliment or he was just messing. Not a cool way for either.

(01-26-2021, 06:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Sometimes my [BLEEP] tendencies come out too quick.  I went to purchase more wood. 3rd time buying a truck load this season.  Apparently I was getting complimented on my truck.  I didn’t know that.  The guys are loading my truck with the wood and what I thought was a random guy (a lawn company pays to store their fleet on the same property) walks up tries to hand me a paper which at first glance looked to be a name and address for a delivery.   He tells me something I can’t quite remember but along the lines of his truck is out and I’m swapping out and taking yours.  I said “excuse me?”   He said “I’m taking your truck”.  I replied back “ the [BLEEP] you are.” Along with the “please try me” look.  The guys loading and the guy who said that all laughed.  Turns out he worked there or maybe even owned the place.    Idk if it was a compliment or he was just messing.  Not a cool way for either.

Snowflake.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-26-2021, 06:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Sometimes my [BLEEP] tendencies come out too quick.  I went to purchase more wood. 3rd time buying a truck load this season.  Apparently I was getting complimented on my truck.  I didn’t know that.  The guys are loading my truck with the wood and what I thought was a random guy (a lawn company pays to store their fleet on the same property) walks up tries to hand me a paper which at first glance looked to be a name and address for a delivery.   He tells me something I can’t quite remember but along the lines of his truck is out and I’m swapping out and taking yours.  I said “excuse me?”   He said “I’m taking your truck”.  I replied back “ the [BLEEP] you are.” Along with the “please try me” look.  The guys loading and the guy who said that all laughed.  Turns out he worked there or maybe even owned the place.    Idk if it was a compliment or he was just messing.  Not a cool way for either.

Everyone in the tree industry is either drunk, on drugs or both.. Kinda got to be to work that stuff.. I was a groundman for a tree company a little over 25 years ago. We would literally start the day a half hour early just to drink a case of beer outside the job.. I'm not even mentioning our climber.. He'd hit a couple bowls and have a beer before squirrelin his way up a 100 ft pine tree.. You almost have to..

(01-26-2021, 07:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Snowflake.
Lol, I’m not used to people being friendly.  I’m not used to being friendly either.  Truth be told, I really don’t want to be friendly. Hindsight, kinda funny.  He needs to work on his delivery before he gets his [BLEEP] beat or worse.

(01-26-2021, 07:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Everyone in the tree industry is either drunk, on drugs or both.. Kinda got to be to work that stuff.. I was a groundman for a tree company a little over 25 years ago. We would literally start the day a half hour early just to drink a case of beer outside the job.. I'm not even mentioning our climber.. He'd hit a couple bowls and have a beer before squirrelin his way up a 100 ft pine tree.. You almost have to..

That’s very true.  I have a very hard time finding good  employees.  That industry as well as mine, are close enough.  I can usually eliminate the drug addicts right off the bat.  Or they eliminate themselves after their first paycheck.  I actually pride myself on hiring decent people.  A lot of my former employees have gone on to do some pretty good things: Air Force mechanic, paramedic, police officer x’s2, lawn care owner(themselves), land developer, Northrop Grumman employee.   I try to get the good peeps.  So I have an extra hard time finding employees.  But seriously, you’ve got to be on drugs to scurry up a palm tree and trim the fronds.  That’s just insane!

https://twitter.com/BenjaminJurkovi/stat...29541?s=19

Bring on the Atmospheric River!