Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(02-13-2021, 06:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 06:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Don’t you mean they rolled off together?

Keep rollin, rollin, rollin, rollin..

A day with JW and he probably did, right off a cliff..

I need to party with you one of these days Winger.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-13-2021, 07:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 06:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Keep rollin, rollin, rollin, rollin..

A day with JW and he probably did, right off a cliff..

I need to party with you one of these days Winger.

It would be an honor lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Ahhh, y’all’s and yall’s weeds. Smh

[Image: tenor.gif]

(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Where is Rollerjag? I feel like he hasn't been around for awhile.

Did anyone see a guy in a wheelchair wearing a MAGA hat at the Capitol riot directing people?

"Yeah, yeah, kick that door in! Throws those papers around!"

"And, and...yeah, take lots of selfies and make sure to post them!" 

"You guys are doing good!"

(02-13-2021, 11:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:29 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Where is Rollerjag? I feel like he hasn't been around for awhile.

Did anyone see a guy in a wheelchair wearing a MAGA hat at the Capitol riot directing people?

"Yeah, yeah, kick that door in! Throws those papers around!"

"And, and...yeah, take lots of selfies and make sure to post them!" 

"You guys are doing good!"

Yeah, even on his most stoned day ever I don’t think he’d be sporting a MAGA hat! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

When you're told you tend to be a contrarian. And it's not the first time you've heard that comment. Either my friends and family are Stepford people who live in a very small world, or I really am the redheaded stepchild/black sheep. Or I am just not agreeable to the general flow of things on the regular. 

There is truth in all three scenarios. Something to ponder. 

As for Rollerjag, maybe he turned to the dark side and can't face the music so he stays away.  Ninja

When a bathroom is described as having "stand up showers" does this mean they also have sit down showers available? Or lie down showers? It just seems kind of funny. But we're also on Day 2687B of rain and cold weather so things are becoming either amusing or tragic at this point. I'm not sure any of us can trust my judgement right now. Lol.

(02-15-2021, 04:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When a bathroom is described as having "stand up showers" does this mean they also have sit down showers available? Or lie down showers? It just seems kind of funny. But we're also on Day 2687B of rain and cold weather so things are becoming either amusing or tragic at this point. I'm not sure any of us can trust my judgement right now. Lol.

Well, at least you aren't in Texas.  We're at 13 degrees and I haven't had power since 5:15 this morning.  They were supposed to be doing 'rolling blackouts' that lasted 15-60 minutes.  We're over 9 hours now.  This is [BLEEP] ridiculous.  I must have good insulation in the house. We're still at 60 degrees.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-15-2021, 04:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When a bathroom is described as having "stand up showers" does this mean they also have sit down showers available? Or lie down showers? It just seems kind of funny. But we're also on Day 2687B of rain and cold weather so things are becoming either amusing or tragic at this point. I'm not sure any of us can trust my judgement right now. Lol.

Well, at least you aren't in Texas.  We're at 13 degrees and I haven't had power since 5:15 this morning.  They were supposed to be doing 'rolling blackouts' that lasted 15-60 minutes.  We're over 9 hours now.  This is [BLEEP] ridiculous.  I must have good insulation in the house. We're still at 60 degrees.

Missing Florida yet? It’s in the 70’s right now here...

(02-15-2021, 04:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Yeah, I feel for you guys. It's a craptastic situation all around. If we were in those temps with no electricity in our mobile home we'd be screwed. It was bad enough back in winter 2017/18 when we had a frigid winter and a nearly month long span of daytime temps that never reached above freezing due to wind chill. Heat pumps don't work so well in those temperatures and I was reminded why northern homes have furnaces. 

Funny thing is, we don't raise our thermostat above 62-63° during the day so our house is at about 63-64° but those 3-4° make a big difference.

(02-15-2021, 04:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, at least you aren't in Texas.  We're at 13 degrees and I haven't had power since 5:15 this morning.  They were supposed to be doing 'rolling blackouts' that lasted 15-60 minutes.  We're over 9 hours now.  This is [BLEEP] ridiculous.  I must have good insulation in the house. We're still at 60 degrees.

Missing Florida yet? It’s in the 70’s right now here...

No.

(02-15-2021, 04:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Missing Florida yet? It’s in the 70’s right now here...

No.

My BFF lives in Granbury and they’ve been having the rolling blackouts too. She said all the wind turbines have frozen over. She sent me this pic of her back yard.

[Image: 6-CA2-B7-D0-C707-48-AF-AE9-D-3631-E8-B7-B25-B.jpg]

(02-15-2021, 06:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: No.

My BFF lives in Granbury and they’ve been having the rolling blackouts too. She said all the wind turbines have frozen over. She sent me this pic of her back yard.

Frozen steak..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-15-2021, 08:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 06:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My BFF lives in Granbury and they’ve been having the rolling blackouts too. She said all the wind turbines have frozen over. She sent me this pic of her back yard.

Frozen steak..

That’s what she called them! Laughing

(02-15-2021, 06:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 04:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: No.

'Rolling blackouts'...what a [BLEEP] joke.  That's what they are SUPPOSED to be doing to prevent what is happening to me.  I'm at about 28 hours without power.  From what I understand, we're the worst in the DFW area.  

We have been able to stay warm.  I have the fireplace cranking and the previous residents had a son who was a paraplegic.  It caused him to have trouble regulating his body heat, so they have a little natural gas heater installed in the master bedroom.  We keep the door closed and go in when we need to warm up or are ready to go to sleep.

At least the bitter cold us supposed to end today.  We had a high of 11 yesterday and It's supposed to get to 25 today.  Hell, it's going to be 70 next Wednesday.

(02-16-2021, 11:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 06:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My BFF lives in Granbury and they’ve been having the rolling blackouts too. She said all the wind turbines have frozen over. She sent me this pic of her back yard.

'Rolling blackouts'...what a [BLEEP] joke.  That's what they are SUPPOSED to be doing to prevent what is happening to me.  I'm at about 28 hours without power.  From what I understand, we're the worst in the DFW area.  

We have been able to stay warm.  I have the fireplace cranking and the previous residents had a son who was a paraplegic.  It caused him to have trouble regulating his body heat, so they have a little natural gas heater installed in the master bedroom.  We keep the door closed and go in when we need to warm up or are ready to go to sleep.

At least the bitter cold us supposed to end today.  We had a high of 11 yesterday and It's supposed to get to 25 today.  Hell, it's going to be 70 next Wednesday.
Thank god you have those things to keep you warm! My girlfriend updated me last night that their power has been off more than on now, and when it’s on it’s flicking on and off constantly. She’s got two little birds that she’s been huddling with with keep them warm when the power is off. She’s got a space heater in her bedroom that she blasts up high to try to keep it warm during the times the power is down. 
I hope you get your power back very soon!

[Image: 21350174-C34-F-4-B44-92-BF-D1050-CF119-AA.jpg]

Got my power back at 2:00. Yay. Hopefully it stays on. At least the housr is warm now.

(02-16-2021, 05:57 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Got my power back at 2:00.  Yay.  Hopefully it stays on.  At least the housr is warm now.

The weather that you all got in Texas isn't "normal".

Look on the bright side though.  If you lose power you could move the food from your freezer outside and it wouldn't go bad.  It would stay frozen.

I hope that everything gets back online and returns you all to "normal operations" quick.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-16-2021, 03:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 21350174-C34-F-4-B44-92-BF-D1050-CF119-AA.jpg]

Ugh, tell me about it! It was so chilly here, I wore a hoodie!!!   64 degrees is for the birds!