Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(02-16-2021, 06:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 05:57 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Got my power back at 2:00.  Yay.  Hopefully it stays on.  At least the housr is warm now.

The weather that you all got in Texas isn't "normal".

Look on the bright side though.  If you lose power you could move the food from your freezer outside and it wouldn't go bad.  It would stay frozen.

I hope that everything gets back online and returns you all to "normal operations" quick.

The record low was set on back-to-back nights.  When I was out in the truck charging my phone this morning it was -2.  To add to the frustration, the main road at the top end of the neighborhood had power this morning and all of the businesses were open.  (I experienced exactly the same thing during hurricanes btw).  At least the brutal cold is gone and temperatures are gradually rising.  Everything should be melted by the end of the weekend and we'll be in the 60s and 70s next week.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I second putting the cold stuff, especially the beer, in the snow! Natures cooler!! Whoever’s never done that, hasn’t lived life!

[Image: D1-EB18-EA-F5-BC-4644-912-D-6257-E8-EB0-FAB.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 03:08 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-16-2021, 09:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: D1-EB18-EA-F5-BC-4644-912-D-6257-E8-EB0-FAB.jpg]

Those people annoy the ever loving [BLEEP] out of me.  I've had 20 calls over the last 3 months telling me it was my 'last chance' to extend my warranty.  

Something tells me I still haven't had my last, last chance.

Play the [BLEEP] stick game. Rhymes with duck, combined with stick.

" Hello?"

Recording

" Hi, because of your outstanding credit history we would like to reduce your CC interest to zero%, press one now to speak with rep. "

In best Indian accent

" Hello sir, how are you doing today? "

" I am doing fine [BLEEP] stick, thank you. "

" I see you are responding to lower your interest rates "

" Yes [BLEEP] stick, I sure am "

I had one dude on the line for five of them before he figured it out.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-16-2021, 08:22 PM)Jags Wrote: I second putting the cold stuff, especially the beer, in the snow!   Natures cooler!!  Whoever’s never done that, hasn’t lived life!

I used to live up in New Hampshire a long time ago. We used to keep our sodas and beers in the garage during the fall and winter months.. A couple of times, we had to bring them inside because they would freeze over and explode..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-17-2021, 05:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 08:22 PM)Jags Wrote: I second putting the cold stuff, especially the beer, in the snow!   Natures cooler!!  Whoever’s never done that, hasn’t lived life!

I used to live up in New Hampshire a long time ago. We used to keep our sodas and beers in the garage during the fall and winter months.. A couple of times, we had to bring them inside because they would freeze over and explode..

I’m sorry about you loss Winger.  I too have lost loved beers due to hypothermia.   I know how you feel.  

I remember many cold nights around a bonfire and temps being in the upper 30’s low 40’s.  No coolers needed!  I’m not a naturalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ll rough it any chance I can.  And if it saves me 2.12 on ice and cleaning a cooler! He’ll yeah!   Since then, I’ve grown up and have a fridge in the garage and a fridge in the outdoor kitchen out back.  No matter my location, I’ll always have a cold one within close proximity! 

When I was up north, we lost power for about a week due to a snow storm.  Between the fireplace, gas appliances and natures freezer, we actually faired quite well.

(02-17-2021, 05:56 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 05:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I used to live up in New Hampshire a long time ago. We used to keep our sodas and beers in the garage during the fall and winter months.. A couple of times, we had to bring them inside because they would freeze over and explode..

I’m sorry about you loss Winger.  I too have lost loved beers due to hypothermia.   I know how you feel.  

I remember many cold nights around a bonfire and temps being in the upper 30’s low 40’s.  No coolers needed!  I’m not a naturalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ll rough it any chance I can.  And if it saves me 2.12 on ice and cleaning a cooler! He’ll yeah!   Since then, I’ve grown up and have a fridge in the garage and a fridge in the outdoor kitchen out back.  No matter my location, I’ll always have a cold one within close proximity! 

When I was up north, we lost power for about a week due to a snow storm.  Between the fireplace, gas appliances and natures freezer, we actually faired quite well.

Thank you for the condolences.. Much appreciated..

Upper 30's and low 40's is a heat wave in NH during winter lolol

I remember going out in the middle of winter at 4:30am to go to work and it was -30 F..

When it's that cold, when you first step outside, it feels like your lungs are getting ready to freeze shut..

Layers dude.. That's the key.. I almost got frost bite on my fingers driving to work one morning and it was only 15 miles away.. Nasty stuff, dude.

(02-17-2021, 06:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 05:56 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m sorry about you loss Winger.  I too have lost loved beers due to hypothermia.   I know how you feel.  

Thank you for the condolences.. Much appreciated..

I remember going out in the middle of winter at 4:30am to go to work and it was -30 F..

When it's that cold, when you first step outside, it feels like your lungs are getting ready to freeze shut..

Layers dude.. That's the key.. I almost got frost bite on my fingers driving to work one morning and it was only 15 miles away.. Nasty stuff, dude.
I’m sure NH gets much colder weather than Philadelphia and Chicago.  We’ve had some bad spurts.  But about 15-20 years ago, I had fallen on my luck. Bought the only running car I could find with my last paycheck.  It was a ‘90 cavalier manual with no heat or air.  This was in the winter.  I drove 50 minutes one way to work bundled up and refused to smoke a cig since I had to roll the window down.   Not quite on par with your story.  But I’ve long quit smoking and that [BLEEP] ride.  But I will say that sucked!   I can only imagine that being the norm.  

Are you still in NH? I thought you were in GCS currently

(02-17-2021, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Thank you for the condolences.. Much appreciated..

I’m sure NH gets much colder weather than Philadelphia and Chicago.  We’ve had some bad spurts.  But about 15-20 years ago, I had fallen on my luck. Bought the only running car I could find with my last paycheck.  It was a ‘90 cavalier manual with no heat or air.  This was in the winter.  I drove 50 minutes one way to work bundled up and refused to smoke a cig since I had to roll the window down.   Not quite on par with your story.  But I’ve long quit smoking and that [BLEEP] ride.  But I will say that sucked!   I can only imagine that being the norm.  

We moved out of NH when my mother in law died.. The ex wife and I moved up there so she could take care of her mother.. We were up there for about 4-5 years and about 3 months after she died.. We got the hell out of there pretty quick and back to Florida..

Got a new wife, new house and a new location (GCS).. Let's see how long this one lasts..

(02-17-2021, 06:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m sure NH gets much colder weather than Philadelphia and Chicago.  We’ve had some bad spurts.  But about 15-20 years ago, I had fallen on my luck. Bought the only running car I could find with my last paycheck.  It was a ‘90 cavalier manual with no heat or air.  This was in the winter.  I drove 50 minutes one way to work bundled up and refused to smoke a cig since I had to roll the window down.   Not quite on par with your story.  But I’ve long quit smoking and that [BLEEP] ride.  But I will say that sucked!   I can only imagine that being the norm.  

We moved out of NH when my mother in law died.. The ex wife and I moved up there so she could take care of her mother.. We were up there for about 4-5 years and about 3 months after she died.. We got the hell out of there pretty quick and back to Florida..

Got a new wife, new house and a new location (GCS).. Let's see how long this one lasts..
Best of luck to y’all

(02-17-2021, 06:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We moved out of NH when my mother in law died.. The ex wife and I moved up there so she could take care of her mother.. We were up there for about 4-5 years and about 3 months after she died.. We got the hell out of there pretty quick and back to Florida..

Best of luck to y’all

Gracias amigo

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 10:22 AM by homebiscuit.)

It's happening today.

NASA's Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission: Live updates | Space

____________________________________________________________________________________

Plus an interesting article on China's goals for space as a tool for military and geopolitical dominance. 

How Mars became the prize for the new space race – and why China is hellbent on winning it | Space

USCC_China's Space Power Goals.pdf

(02-18-2021, 10:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's happening today.

NASA's Mars 2020 Perseverance rover mission: Live updates | Space

____________________________________________________________________________________

Plus an interesting article on China's goals for space as a tool for military and geopolitical dominance. 

How Mars became the prize for the new space race – and why China is hellbent on winning it | Space

USCC_China's Space Power Goals.pdf

Success! Perseverance has safely landed.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 07:19 PM by Jags.)

(02-16-2021, 09:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: D1-EB18-EA-F5-BC-4644-912-D-6257-E8-EB0-FAB.jpg]
I get calls on the regular about this as well.  My phone and the spam filter usually send them to voicemail.  One got by, I against my better judgment answered.   Guess what, extended warranty.  After this post, I just LOL’d.

This weather sucks. Guess I won’t be doing what I wanted to do today.

Well, one positive about the weather here. Every other story on the news isn't about covid.

[Image: E69-E3828-456-B-4-EE3-AB67-17155-BE73-BDD.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Well I was able to get almost everything done but my “biggie” on the to do list. Didn’t feel like relocating my travel trailer to its new home an hour and half away in all the damn rain. I’ll save that for the morning.

Most of, if not all of, the snow should melt off today. If not, by tomorrow for sure. Back to normal winter temps in the high 50s and low 60s. I'd better never hear the phrase 'polar vortex' again. [BLEEP] that [BLEEP].