Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-31-2021, 11:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We had a butt ton. I hid in my house with the lights off like a bill collector was after me! In my immediate area, there are no little kids, so I don’t know where the hell all these kids came from. I’m not supporting anyone’s candy habit that doesn’t live in my hood…sorry not sorry. Laughing

That’s what I did last year because the wife was working late.

The kids finally started showing up. Not in the numbers of previous years but enough to get rid of most of the candy. My wife was dropping big handfuls in every bag. 

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and noticed a trend for lazy parents. They drive here and then sit in the vehicle (no doubt looking at their phones) while the kids hit all the houses up before piling back in and heading for the next location.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2021, 06:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 11:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: We had a butt ton. I hid in my house with the lights off like a bill collector was after me! In my immediate area, there are no little kids, so I don’t know where the hell all these kids came from. I’m not supporting anyone’s candy habit that doesn’t live in my hood…sorry not sorry. Laughing

That’s what I did last year because the wife was working late.

The kids finally started showing up. Not in the numbers of previous years but enough to get rid of most of the candy. My wife was dropping big handfuls in every bag. 

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and noticed a trend for lazy parents. They drive here and then sit in the vehicle (no doubt looking at their phones) while the kids hit all the houses up before piling back in and heading for the next location.
That sad if parents do that.

I had a blast walking around my neighborhood last night. Dressed up like Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation with a cooler of booze. I got tons of people yelling “[BLEEP] Full!”.

Our whole neighborhood does a pretty good job of decorating and then at the ends of the driveway, some have a little fire pit or drinks to share.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 11:31 AM by Mikey.)

(10-29-2021, 09:23 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 05:18 PM)Jags Wrote: With door open or closed? Haha, what do you take me for, an animal?  Smile

Can’t say that I would do that.  But I’m guessing you have?

No, had a buddy stop by the ranch and he stepped INTO the garage to take a pee. Mind you there's endless dirt in every direction he could've used. 

We've been arguing for a few weeks whether he's a heathen or not.

I would be afraid that outdoor whizzing on your property might have financial implications.

Never smack a person in their wallet, that's the easiest way to piss them off. That said, if the urge arose, I'd probably ask where was safe or not safe to water plants. Who the hell takes a leak on any finished floor?

(10-31-2021, 07:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where's all the trick or treaters? We usually have a steady stream of them between 6:30 and 8:00. So far about 6 kids have shown up. All this candy is going in the garbage, except the Almond Joys. Those are mine.

pisses me off that we have a number of youngsters in the neighborhood, but almost all of them leave to go to visit fambly and trick or treat there. We're trying to get neighbors into the spirit of giving out treats, but when like you, a bunch of candy is purchased and nobody comes by, it's hard to justify it continuing.

(the silver lining? most neighbors tell the kids to grab a handful or two when we stop by)

Yeah, I get like that to a point, but I also acknowledge that some of the neighborhoods near us are not good for dusk/after dark walking, or that many houses would be handing stuff out.

We get a few bags of candy, and usually set aside some bags for friends in the neighborhood, and the rest is up for grabs. When it's gone, it's gone.

One family in our neighborhood set up all their tailgate stuff in the driveway and had a cookout. Anyone who came by got a hotdog and some sides with a drink. The cook was dressed up like a farmer and had a giant foam hot dog on his head. Called it his "halloweenie" hat. They had the garage door open and the baseball game on, maybe a dozen people sitting around at tables or in lawn chairs. it was really nice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2021, 11:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Yeah, I get like that to a point, but I also acknowledge that some of the neighborhoods near us are not good for dusk/after dark walking, or that many houses would be handing stuff out.

We get a few bags of candy, and usually set aside some bags for friends in the neighborhood, and the rest is up for grabs. When it's gone, it's gone.

I’ll also add that a majority of the “kids” are teens who aren’t even dressed up. At this point, isn’t it just door to door begging? At least put in a little effort for your treat!  Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 06:40 PM by Jags.)

(10-31-2021, 06:58 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: But Is enough ever… enough for a guy?  At least for a straight guy.  I can see how for a gay guy there could be a “limit”

They’re still guys, I’m betting they feel the same way.

Even the receiver? Ouch!

(10-31-2021, 07:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where's all the trick or treaters? We usually have a steady stream of them between 6:30 and 8:00. So far about 6 kids have shown up. All this candy is going in the garbage, except the Almond Joys. Those are mine.

It was dead in my hood too.  But, then again I missed some time watching that spooky football game.  Then the tail end of the TB/NO game.  By the time I got outside with the fam, I look left, then right.  No one to be seen.  Guess I get to eat some leftover candy!!!

It being on Sunday and the games I think settled things down.  Last year with Covid was WAY busier and fun than this year.

(11-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 11:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: Yeah, I get like that to a point, but I also acknowledge that some of the neighborhoods near us are not good for dusk/after dark walking, or that many houses would be handing stuff out.

I’ll also add that a majority of the “kids” are teens who aren’t even dressed up. At this point, isn’t it just door to door begging? At least put in a little effort for your treat!  Ninja

The filthy smoking hot moms dressed as hookers make me forget that.  Makes me want to just put the bowl of candy on the ground so it’s easy for the kids to grab and those moms have to provide me with a little show.  Gotta love Halloween!

(11-01-2021, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: One family in our neighborhood set up all their tailgate stuff in the driveway and had a cookout. Anyone who came by got a hotdog and some sides with a drink. The cook was dressed up like a farmer and had a giant foam hot dog on his head. Called it his "halloweenie" hat. They had the garage door open and the baseball game on, maybe a dozen people sitting around at tables or in lawn chairs. it was really nice.

That sounds like a good time.

[Image: 36fb288b032ad35517526788bdeebe6f34ddfa51...b6ae29.jpg]
(11-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ll also add that a majority of the “kids” are teens who aren’t even dressed up. At this point, isn’t it just door to door begging? At least put in a little effort for your treat!  Ninja

The filthy smoking hot moms dressed as hookers make me forget that.  Makes me want to just put the bowl of candy on the ground so it’s easy for the kids to grab and those moms have to provide me with a little show.  Gotta love Halloween!

[Image: search?view=detailV2&ccid=6zrwhPK%2f&id=...ajaxserp=0]

Did you offer them Mr Big?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-01-2021, 08:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [Image: 36fb288b032ad35517526788bdeebe6f34ddfa51...b6ae29.jpg]
(11-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Jags Wrote: The filthy smoking hot moms dressed as hookers make me forget that.  Makes me want to just put the bowl of candy on the ground so it’s easy for the kids to grab and those moms have to provide me with a little show.  Gotta love Halloween!

[Image: search?view=detailV2&ccid=6zrwhPK%2f&id=...ajaxserp=0]

Did you offer them Mr Big?

No trick, no treat.

(11-01-2021, 08:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: One family in our neighborhood set up all their tailgate stuff in the driveway and had a cookout. Anyone who came by got a hotdog and some sides with a drink. The cook was dressed up like a farmer and had a giant foam hot dog on his head. Called it his "halloweenie" hat. They had the garage door open and the baseball game on, maybe a dozen people sitting around at tables or in lawn chairs. it was really nice.

That sounds like a good time.

I might just have to do something similar next year, they were having a blast and obviously got a lot of visitors.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 09:42 AM by Mikey.)

egads! a garage door open? hooligans!

(11-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 11:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: Yeah, I get like that to a point, but I also acknowledge that some of the neighborhoods near us are not good for dusk/after dark walking, or that many houses would be handing stuff out.

oh yeah, that's a no from me, dawg.

I already warned my son (age 12) that this is likely the last year that he will be trick or treating. Maybe he and I can hang back at the house and handle scaring/doling candy to the littles that stop by.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2021, 01:26 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Got a notification from Fed-Ex that a delivery I was expecting has been delivered. I went to my door and it was not there so I decided to walk topside to see if they left it by the mailbox. I found part of my delivery in the stairwell partially opened, when they saw it was just toilet paper they left it behind but they sure as hell stole my DVD'd that I was expecting. I've gotten over 100 packages delivered at my address and this was a first. I have no idea if it was kids or what but.... being they left behind the toilet paper and the box was partially opened leads me to believe it was. A professional porch pirate would have taken it all and just ran before they opened it so...... Yeah, to say I'm a tad pissed is an under statement.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-02-2021, 01:25 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got a notification from Fed-Ex that a delivery I was expecting has been delivered. I went to my door and it was not there so I decided to walk topside to see if they left it by the mailbox. I found part of my delivery in the stairwell partially opened, when they saw it was just toilet paper they left it behind but they sure as hell stole my DVD'd that I was expecting. I've gotten over 100 packages delivered at my address and this was a first. I have no idea if it was kids or what but.... being they left behind the toilet paper and the box was partially opened leads me to believe it was. A professional porch pirate would have taken it all and just ran before they opened it so...... Yeah, to say I'm a tad pissed is an under statement.
My advice? Invest in a Ring motion sensor doorbell.

This will deter 99% of the people who even think about taking your package.

(11-02-2021, 09:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:

egads! a garage door open? hooligans!

(11-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ll also add that a majority of the “kids” are teens who aren’t even dressed up. At this point, isn’t it just door to door begging? At least put in a little effort for your treat!  Ninja

I already warned my son (age 12) that this is likely the last year that he will be trick or treating. Maybe he and I can hang back at the house and handle scaring/doling candy to the littles that stop by.

When I gave out candy, if a teenager dressed up and made an effort, I’d gladly put candy in their bag. Stay young as long as you can my friend! But at least make some effort…

(11-02-2021, 01:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 09:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: egads! a garage door open? hooligans!

When I gave out candy, if a teenager dressed up and made an effort, I’d gladly put candy in their bag. Stay young as long as you can my friend! But at least make some effort…
Yes!  As annoying as it is, they’re doing what is requested 1, plus, at least in my area, they’re all polite and say thank you.  I honestly don’t mind at all.  If they act like morons.. that’s another story.  Thankfully, I haven’t had to deal with that

(11-02-2021, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 01:25 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got a notification from Fed-Ex that a delivery I was expecting has been delivered. I went to my door and it was not there so I decided to walk topside to see if they left it by the mailbox. I found part of my delivery in the stairwell partially opened, when they saw it was just toilet paper they left it behind but they sure as hell stole my DVD'd that I was expecting. I've gotten over 100 packages delivered at my address and this was a first. I have no idea if it was kids or what but.... being they left behind the toilet paper and the box was partially opened leads me to believe it was. A professional porch pirate would have taken it all and just ran before they opened it so...... Yeah, to say I'm a tad pissed is an under statement.
My advice? Invest in a Ring motion sensor doorbell.

I'd do one better and get a trail camera to put in a location that isn't obvious. We have different kinds of cameras in different locations. If we lose power our hard wired ones are useless so the trail cams are nice back up option plus they're portable. 

Someone would be a complete [BLEEP] to try for our house or our vehicles.

(11-02-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My advice? Invest in a Ring motion sensor doorbell.

I'd do one better and get a trail camera to put in a location that isn't obvious. We have different kinds of cameras in different locations. If we lose power our hard wired ones are useless so the trail cams are nice back up option plus they're portable. 

Trouble is I live in an apartment building, no way to hard wire a doorbell cam and with the layout of the unit, no place to hide a trail cam so..... I'll figure out something. Thanks for the suggestions
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(11-02-2021, 10:31 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'd do one better and get a trail camera to put in a location that isn't obvious. We have different kinds of cameras in different locations. If we lose power our hard wired ones are useless so the trail cams are nice back up option plus they're portable. 

Trouble is I live in an apartment building, no way to hard wire a doorbell cam and with the layout of the unit, no place to hide a trail cam so..... I'll figure out something. Thanks for the suggestions

They make wireless doorbell cameras.