Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 05:29 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think I’ve mentioned how “good” the extended day people were at my daughter’s school were.  Today makes maybe the 5th time in 2 years I picked her up.  They know exactly who I am (aside from the first time).  Today is the first time I picked her up since I shaved my beard off.  Even after telling them who I was there to pick up, they asked for my ID. The looks on their faces were priceless.   Which is a good thing of course, security of the kids.   But I also thought it was funny.  Once I proved my identity, I was told I looked too young.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A Rules A Rule....... LOL......

[Image: 5oclock.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Marine Corps veteran John "Chickie" Donohue was sitting in a Manhattan bar in November 1967 when the bartender grumbled that American soldiers in Vietnam could really use a pat on the back and a cold beer. And within days, Donohue set out to do just that.
He quickly got a job on a merchant ship hauling ammunition to Vietnam. Then, with a duffel bag full of Pabst Blue Ribbon and Schlitz in tow, he set out on his 8,000-mile journey. However, things immediately got off to a rocky start — when Donohue drank all the beer himself. Then, after restocking, he managed to find the companies his neighborhood buddies were serving in and talk his way onto Army jeeps and helicopters to make it through Saigon, Manila, and Khe Sanh. At every turn, military personnel had no idea know what to make of Donohue, who was dressed in a plaid shirt and corduroys and often introduced himself by simply saying he had beer for guys from his neighborhood back home.
He ended up hauling his beer right through the middle of some of the bloodiest conflicts of the entire war, including the Tet Offensive — when he actually came under fire from North Vietnamese forces. But in the end, Donohue fulfilled his mission and shared some cold beers with his old friends on the frontlines. Learn the full story behind the "greatest beer run ever": 

https://allthatsinteresting.com/john-chi...m_LLK1mUVg

[Image: 1967.jpg]

We all could use a friend like this that has your back no matter what..........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

[Image: diehard.jpg]

^^^^^ That's awesome.

I Think this is so cool...... A Fitting tribute to a fallen soldier at Christmas time........

[Image: Marinetree.jpg]

That is a neat way for a young person to honor their family member.

[Image: fearofclosedspaces.jpg]

Man oh Man, I just watched a Netflix special, a British comedian named Russell Howard..... I laughed my [BLEEP] off, he reminded me of a young George Carlin

(12-07-2021, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 01:21 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yes! My cat weighs 8 pound normally, that heifer feels like 50 pounds when she’s asleep! Wallbash

No kidding. Ours is about 11lbs. Imagine it.  Ninja

My Domestic House Panther was a whooping 18lbs and that darn cat always wanted to sleep right on my feet!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

OK, I'm really really super pissed at Amazon right now. I received an email telling me that my package had been delivered. I went to the front door and there was nothing, I thought that was a little bit odd because my across the hall neighbor also received an Amazon package. So I went up to where the mailboxes are to see if the driver left it there, once aagin, nothing. So I opened up the email to see the pic of where they delivered my package (They always snap a pic to prove it was delivered) I looked at the pic and Lo and behold, it wasn't even my door, it wasn't even ANY door in my particular building yet (I could tell because it had Christmas cards or something taped all over the outside, my door has nothing on it except the apartment number). So, I got on the Amazon website to get a hold of customer service, they called me back rather quickly and I explained to them the situation. Now, the service agent that took my call said it would be corrected and I should receive the delivery tomorrow. I thought that would be the end of it but nope. I received another email from them asking me to rate the customer service aent, I did and gave him high marks. Noe below the ratings area, is a little box for comments, once again, I explained the situation there and all that good stuff so there would be no father mistakes. But I couldn't resist leaving a parting shot...... I told then to hire some drivers that could read and that I want/expect they stuff I paid for to be delivered to the right address. You guys have delivered to me enough that you should know exactly where my apartment is and in what building. This is the 1st time I've had trouble with Amazon like that, let's hope it doesn't become a regular thing.........

If I had to choose between this and Death, I'd choose DEATH!

What would you do???

Stream Yoko Ono’s lost Christmas song ‘Listen, The Snow Is Falling’

Now available on streaming platforms for the very first time, Yoko Ono’s 1971 track ‘Listen, The Snow Is Falling’ has arrived just in time for Christmas. The song was originally released as the B-side for John Lennon’s immortal festive hit ‘Happy Xmas (War is Over)’, and sees Lennon offer up his guitar skills while Ono takes centre stage.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/yoko-ono-lo...s-falling/

That's a solid no from me. That woman has no talent. Screaming banshee is the sound I hear.

I remember a comedy radio spot on the local rock station back in the 80s and...

What's that? Yes, we used to listen to music on the radio back then....no, ray-dee-oh...pull up Google...r-a-d-i-o...

Anyway, they played a spoof pitch ad for a Yoko Ono album featuring a woman warbling out tunes in an Asian accent horrifically off key. One of the songs was I am woman, hear me wowr.

"Yes, it's the exciting new album called Oh No, It's Yoko"

It was especially cruel because they played it about a year after John Lennon was killed. A radio spot like that today would get people executed.

Senor Fantastico has been quiet lately. He must be on another “grape sampling” binge.

(12-20-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Senor Fantastico has been quiet lately. He must be on another “grape sampling” binge.

Hopefully he's having fun. 

I'm sad Rollerjag seems to be gone. I rarely agreed with him about much but I enjoyed sparring with him.

Senior, busted his [BLEEP] all year to grow them things and enjoying his time off!
He has been thinking of different methods as far as the vines and equipment to harvest it. Perhaps, he’s done one of those things I occasionally do in the off-season and look on how to improve the next.

That or his crop was way off and he can’t afford the internets no more. I don’t think that is true, hope it’s not. If so, SF reach out however you can. Send a wine signal or something. I’ll send money for interwebs in exchange for overly fermented wine and your posts. I’m not a wino. I’m not saying my wife is. But I am saying she may like it.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 09:22 PM by The Drifter. Edited 3 times in total.)

OK, this just happened...... I just sat down to eat my dinner when there was this horrendous pounding at my front door. It was the County Sheriff looking for the previous tenant so...... I had to spend like 20-25 minutes proving who I am and explain to them that I have been in this apartment for a year now.  I was getting mail fom the Court, The Probation Department, and The Sheriff for the previous tenant for a long time after I moved in here. I kept sending the mail back with NOT AT THIS ADDRESS writen on the envelope, I guess they wouldn't take my word for it..... It was a pain in the [BLEEP] but it's straightened out now Thank God........

(12-20-2021, 09:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, this just happened...... I just sat down to eat my dinner when there was this horrendous pounding at my front door. It was the County Sheriff looking for the previous tenant so...... I had to spend like 20-25 minutes proving who I am and explain to them that I have been in this apartment for a year now.  I was getting mail fom the Court, The Probabtion Department, and The Sheriff for the previous tenant for a long time after I moved in here. I kept sending the mail back with NOT AT THIS ADDRESS writen on the envelope, I guess they wouldn't take my word for it..... It was a pain in the [BLEEP] but it's straightened out now Thank God........

I’m gonna use that line next time they’re after me.  Thanks for the pro tips, drifter!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

[Image: Bettywhite.jpg]