Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-03-2022, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If a guy watched the movie "Legally Blonde" last night instead of the Final Four, does that mean he's gay?

Short answer, no.  

I’ve seen that movie a few times.   Maybe even a handful.  I personally don’t give a crap about college sports no matter how popular they are.  There’s a bit of eye candy in it (the movie).   It’s also annoying at times, but our wives like it.  I wouldn’t really concern yourself about being gay unless you’re asking you wife to watch brokeback mountain or suggest male on male Luvins as a background for your sexcapades. Ultimately, only you know if you are or not.  I fully support you either way.  Unless of course it’s monetarily.

If you like Reese, check out "This Means War".  She's cute, it's funny and somewhat of an action movie.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2022, 09:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote: Short answer, no.  

I’ve seen that movie a few times.   Maybe even a handful.  I personally don’t give a crap about college sports no matter how popular they are.  There’s a bit of eye candy in it (the movie).   It’s also annoying at times, but our wives like it.  I wouldn’t really concern yourself about being gay unless you’re asking you wife to watch brokeback mountain or suggest male on male Luvins as a background for your sexcapades. Ultimately, only you know if you are or not.  I fully support you either way.  Unless of course it’s monetarily.

If you like Reese, check out "This Means War".  She's cute, it's funny and somewhat of an action movie.

I’ve actually seen it. My wife likes to watch movies. Like..A LOT!   It was funny.  I’m not so much a movie guy though.  So, me sitting through it and watching it is usually a decent indicator that it’s a good movie.  I could certainly think of worse things to do for an hour and a half.

Has anyone tried this

https://www.weddlegame.com/

I managed to get todays first guess lol

(04-04-2022, 02:01 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Has anyone tried this

Two guesses for me
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(04-04-2022, 02:01 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Has anyone tried this

failed, lol and it's wayyyyyyyyyy to hard to whittle down, even in 8 tries.

I got it on the third try. First time trying it. I suppose this being posted on this site was a HUGE hint.

So after about 3-1/2 months off I had to go back to work doing the day-by-day stuff. On the second day I couldn’t do it. Don’t get me wrong, I AM doing it. But I can’t. Running that mower after not for close to 4 months has given me tendinitis. Or at least I think. I’m not a doctor. I am self diagnosing. But it seems the repetitious movements have messed my crap up after not doing it for so long. I find it to be a bit of bull [BLEEP]. How can I do this for 15 years then work a day and a half and have issues??? I thought the body was more resilient than that. Whatever.

(04-06-2022, 06:50 PM)Jags Wrote: So after about 3-1/2 months off I had to go back to work doing the day-by-day stuff.  On the second day I couldn’t do it. Don’t get me wrong, I AM doing it.  But I can’t.  Running that mower after not for close to 4 months has given me tendinitis.  Or at least I think.  I’m not a doctor.  I am self diagnosing.  But it seems the repetitious  movements have messed my crap up after not doing it for so long. I find it to be a bit of bull [BLEEP].  How can I do this for 15 years then work a day and a half and have issues??? I thought the body was more resilient than that.  Whatever.

Getting old is a bear, but the alternative ain't that great, either.

My dad spent his career as a machine rebuilder, heavy machinery like bolt presses, steel fabrication, etc. Seemed that by the time he started approaching 50, the body just started giving out, especially his hands. Squeezing pliers and torquing on ratchets for a couple of decades take their toll. Thankfully he's retired, so now the rest of his body is starting to fall apart.

Maybe keeping those reps up keeps the body on guard. Hope it gets better for ya, but don't hesitate to see someone before drastic measures are needed.

With the Post Office "losing" or "Misdirecting" my package yesterday, to the water pipe in the apartment above me bursting and flooding my Bathroom last nigt, with with all the BS I had to handle today..... well...... It's time for a stiff drink....... Southern Comfort 100 Proof with just a splash of Ginger Ale......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 07:23 PM by Jags.)

(04-07-2022, 08:54 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 06:50 PM)Jags Wrote: So after about 3-1/2 months off I had to go back to work doing the day-by-day stuff.  On the second day I couldn’t do it. Don’t get me wrong, I AM doing it.  But I can’t.  Running that mower after not for close to 4 months has given me tendinitis.  Or at least I think.  I’m not a doctor.  I am self diagnosing.  But it seems the repetitious  movements have messed my crap up after not doing it for so long. I find it to be a bit of bull [BLEEP].  How can I do this for 15 years then work a day and a half and have issues??? I thought the body was more resilient than that.  Whatever.

Getting old is a bear, but the alternative ain't that great, either.

My dad spent his career as a machine rebuilder, heavy machinery like bolt presses, steel fabrication, etc. Seemed that by the time he started approaching 50, the body just started giving out, especially his hands. Squeezing pliers and torquing on ratchets for a couple of decades take their toll. Thankfully he's retired, so now the rest of his body is starting to fall apart.

Maybe keeping those reps up keeps the body on guard. Hope it gets better for ya, but don't hesitate to see someone before drastic measures are needed.
Thanks for well wishes.  Kind of like your dad, perhaps, this job keeps me young but as I age it is taking its toll.  As far as the doctor visits go, it’s all based on whether or not I have the guys available to send them out withou me being there.  I just had a guy resign.  I wouldn’t even say quit.  He did a great job but was trying to swing this and his other job.  He walked away a week after I agreed to pay him close to 40k a year.  If I can’t replace him, and I need to be in, then I won’t have an opportunity until November to see a doctor.  Be it for this, dentist, yearly check up, etc.  that being said, we did start a new guy today.  Hopefully he pans out and shows up daily.  But he needs training!!  Time will tell. It’s gotten pretty tough over the last few years getting decent help. So I’m not holding my breath. 

But my brace I wore helped out tremendously!  Haha, I was excited about that.

(04-07-2022, 06:39 PM)The Drifter Wrote: With the Post Office "losing" or "Misdirecting" my package yesterday, to the water pipe in the apartment above me bursting and flooding my Bathroom last nigt, with with all the BS I had to handle today..... well...... It's time for a stiff drink....... Southern Comfort 100 Proof with just a splash of Ginger Ale......

I’d say, “when it rains it pours” but it sounds like it’s doing both above you.  Enjoy your drink, man. I’ll raise my tall boy of watered down cat pee towards you (bud light). Cheers!

Got a Blu-Ray delivered today, Bohmian Rhapsody. Let me just say this, it is a Great Bio-Pic of the Band Queen, and Freddy Mercury and how they made ir to the top. I'm not that big of a fan of the Band Queen, but I do like some of their work, and say what you will about Freddy, he was a Performers Performer. The man could work the crowd like no other, he was unmatched in that ability, and anybody that says otherwise is just fooling themselves. As a film in general, I thought it was done correctly as to tell the full story of the band. I've seen other bio-pics, one in particular was Rocket Man, The Elton John story. I just thought that film went off the rails just a tad as it didn't concentrate on Elton's career. I thought it was just a little too artsy for my taste but....... I've been an Elton John fan for a very long time now and will continue to be, I just wish that that film was done a little more tastefully.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(04-08-2022, 02:27 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got a Blu-Ray delivered today, Bohmian Rhapsody. Let me just say this, it is a Great Bio-Pic of the Band Queen, and Freddy Mercury and how they made ir to the top. I'm not that big of a fan of the Band Queen, but I do like some of their work, and say what you will about Freddy, he was a Performers Performer. The man could work the crowd like no other, he was unmatched in that ability, and anybody that says otherwise is just fooling themselves. As a film in general, I thought it was done correctly as to tell the full story of the band. I've seen other bio-pics, one in particular was Rocket Man, The Elton John story. I just thought that film went off the rails just a tad as it didn't concentrate on Elton's career. I thought it was just a little too artsy for my taste but....... I've been an Elton John fan for a very long time now and will continue to be, I just wish that that film was done a little more tastefully.

I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody.  Never a “huge” fan, like you.  But after watching that, I’ve appreciated the band and Freddie Mercury even more.

(04-08-2022, 06:52 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 02:27 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got a Blu-Ray delivered today, Bohmian Rhapsody. Let me just say this, it is a Great Bio-Pic of the Band Queen, and Freddy Mercury and how they made ir to the top. I'm not that big of a fan of the Band Queen, but I do like some of their work, and say what you will about Freddy, he was a Performers Performer. The man could work the crowd like no other, he was unmatched in that ability, and anybody that says otherwise is just fooling themselves. As a film in general, I thought it was done correctly as to tell the full story of the band. I've seen other bio-pics, one in particular was Rocket Man, The Elton John story. I just thought that film went off the rails just a tad as it didn't concentrate on Elton's career. I thought it was just a little too artsy for my taste but....... I've been an Elton John fan for a very long time now and will continue to be, I just wish that that film was done a little more tastefully.

I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody.  Never a “huge” fan, like you.  But after watching that, I’ve appreciated the band and Freddie Mercury even more.

I saw them in concert way back when.  They put on a great show.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

A friend of mine came to me all stressed out the other day...... seems he'd been reading thr news paper and was afraid that a robot was going to take his job...... I told him to just look in his wife's dresser drawer, he's all ready been replaced! LOL

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 09:06 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-08-2022, 08:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 06:52 PM)Jags Wrote: I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody.  Never a “huge” fan, like you.  But after watching that, I’ve appreciated the band and Freddie Mercury even more.

I saw them in concert way back when.  They put on a great show.

I saw so many concerts 'back in the day' in Philly.  Some of the best live performances that I saw were Queen, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper...and surprisingly, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 12:36 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

OK, so I was a tad bored this morning so I decided to take a look through my DVD collection. There are a few in there that I ordered that I have not even bothered to unwrap yet because I get them like 5-6 at a time. I pulled one out, and it just happened to be Joe Dirt. Yeah, I saw that movie years ago and liked it so I decided to finally watch it again. Joe Dirt, a man that's been through a lot of [BLEEP] in his life but kept on keeping on.....Yeah, I know it's a work of comedy fiction but the message is clear, No Matter what life throws at you, just be who you are and keep plugging away, you'll eventually find your place in life.

(04-09-2022, 12:05 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, so I was a tad bored this morning so I decided to take a look through my DVD collection. There are a few in there that I ordered that I have not even bothered to unwrap yet because I get them like 5-6 at a time. I pulled one out, and it just happened to be Joe Dirt. Yeah, I saw that movie years ago and liked it so I decided to finally watch it again. Joe Dirt, a man that's been through a lot of [BLEEP] in his life but kept on keeping on.....Yeah, I know it's a work of comedy fiction but the message is clear, No Matter what life throws at you, just be who you are and keep plugging away, you'll eventually find your place in life.

Larry David had a rule for Seinfeld that he followed: "No hugging, no learning."  I'm in that camp.  

If I watch a comedy, I just want to laugh.  I don't want a life lesson.  But there was an era in comedy, maybe back when Joe Dirt was made, where every comedy, especially in sit-coms, had to end with some sort of redemption.  Someone had to learn something about life.

I don't watch TV shows to learn life lessons.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 10:36 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Tried 2 new strains.. Grimm Glue and Modified Muffins..

Both were pretty amazing

Grimm Glue made me sit there for 2 hours thinking up reasons why Red Vines are better than Twizzlers
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-10-2022, 10:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Tried 2 new strains.. Grimm Glue and Modified Muffins..

Both were pretty amazing

Grimm Glue made me sit there for 2 hours thinking up reasons why Red Vines are better than Twizzlers
Hahaha that’s how you know it’s good.

I was so lit one time I started to make arguments as to why skittles are happy and M&Ms are mad.