Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

This board is a blast from the past for me.

I started posting here when I was 12. I'm 30 now.

I'm glad the lot of you are still doing okay. I still recognize a ton of old internet faces here

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just got finished watching a classic Irwin Allen disaster movie, The Towering Inferno. 2 great actors together, Paul Newman and Steve McQueen.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(04-15-2022, 08:13 PM)Jagwired'd Wrote: This board is a blast from the past for me.

I'm glad the lot of you are still doing okay. I still recognize a ton of old internet faces here

We all miss Fargin though.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 09:48 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(04-15-2022, 09:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just got finished watching a classic Irwin Allen disaster movie, The Towering Inferno. 2 great actors together, Paul Newman and Steve McQueen.......

Saw that in my Junior year of HS. Waited in a really long line to get in. That was the era of disaster movies. Airport, Posidon Adventure, Earthquake, Meteor, China Syndrome, Airport 77. All capped by the disaster movie spoof Airplane in 1980.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-15-2022, 09:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 08:13 PM)Jagwired'd Wrote: This board is a blast from the past for me.

We all miss Fargin though.

Agreed. 12 year old me and Fargin had a few hot debates about the Jaguars that I was likely wrong about looking back
THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Glad you finally decided to come hang out with us again!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Crazy.

Only been 13 years for me, but it's still pretty wild. 

We've lost some friends in fandom here in that span, but it's nice to still have a few familiar folks to talk shop with here.

[Image: salad.jpg]

I'll have a nice NY Strip, medium rare please........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Got this Blu-ray in the mail yesterday. Yes, I have seen it before many years ago but I must have been drunk or stoned because I totally forgotten what happens in most of the film. Now, I've seen Brando in many great roles, he is an excellent actorf from Hollywood's Golden Age. However, this movie seems to be nothing but 1950's anti-biker propaganda designed to scare the American public in to thinking that all bikers are nothing but trouble. That couldn't be any farther from the truth. And let me tell you, you couldn't find anyone that will cover your back more quickly if you need it except for Military veterans. In my almost 61 years on this plane of existence I've met a lot of great people, Bikers included. The ones I know are just mainly "Weekend Warriors" that ride for the shear enjoyment of it, it's their way of relieving stress and blowing off some steam after working all week. 99% of Bikers just love the freedon of the open road, the feel of the wind in their faces and hair, and the sense of belonging to a group that shares their interest. So, Ride to live and Live to Ride!

[Image: IMG_0466.JPG]

There is a guy on youtube who goes around the country talking to a wide variety of people and his latest is his video of a group of Sikh bikers. I haven't watched it yet but I'm sure it's fascinating. I have learned some really interesting things from the videos of his I've watched. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zt2SvJJ_nxg

(04-16-2022, 09:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got this Blu-ray in the mail yesterday. Yes, I have seen it before many years ago but I must have been drunk or stoned because I totally forgotten what happens in most of the film. Now, I've seen Brando in many great roles, he is an excellent actorf from Hollywood's Golden Age. However, this movie seems to be nothing but 1950's anti-biker propaganda designed to scare the American public in to thinking that all bikers are nothing but trouble. That couldn't be any farther from the truth. And let me tell you, you couldn't find anyone that will cover your back more quickly if you need it except for Military veterans. In my almost 61 years on this plane of existence I've met a lot of great people, Bikers included. The ones I know are just mainly "Weekend Warriors" that ride for the shear enjoyment of it, it's their way of relieving stress and blowing off some steam after working all week. 99% of Bikers just love the freedon of the open road, the feel of the wind in their faces and hair, and the sense of belonging to a group that shares their interest. So, Ride to live and Live to Ride!

Dude…clean your keyboard! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 06:26 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I almost posted this in the trivial annoyance thread but:
I placed an order on Amazon this morning.  I know you have options to get it later or sometimes pay extra to get it early.  But I placed my order and it happened to be free same day delivery.  I was already expecting 1 package today. But for me to place an order at 9am on Easter Sunday and they do it same day is kinda bull [BLEEP] imo.  That and Winn Dixie apparently trying to cash in on staying open all day vs Publix being nice to their employees. Companies that big can go a day without sales. It’s greedy and the employees deserve the day off whether they happen to celebrate the holiday or not.

Edit: and no, I did not give Winn Dixie any money today.  I just passed it on the way to my parents house and saw they were open on the way out and at 530 on the way back.

(04-17-2022, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: I almost posted this in the trivial annoyance thread but:
I placed an order on Amazon this morning.  I know you have options to get it later or sometimes pay extra to get it early.  But I placed my order and it happened to be free same day delivery.  I was already expecting 1 package today. But for me to place an order at 9am on Easter Sunday and they do it same day is kinda bull [BLEEP] imo.  That and Winn Dixie apparently trying to cash in on staying open all day vs Publix being nice to their employees. Companies that big can go a day without sales. It’s greedy and the employees deserve the day off whether they happen to celebrate the holiday or not.

Edit: and no, I did not give Winn Dixie any money today.  I just passed it on the way to my parents house and saw they were open on the way out and at 530 on the way back.

Just stopped into Winn Dixie for essential items on the way home............... Breyers Rocky Road and Cookies & Cream.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-17-2022, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: I almost posted this in the trivial annoyance thread but:

I will say for some alternate persepectives:

When I was living on my own, and many, many miles from fambly, I volunteered to work those holidays both because others probably had bigger plans and I enjoyed earning extra pay for working on what end up being some slow days. Sure beat sitting at home microwaving some frozen entree or wasting the Sunday playing vidja games.

I generally don't go to the store those days, but so long as the companies are not forcing associates to cancel family plans to be at the store that day, it ain't that horrible.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2022, 03:26 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-18-2022, 09:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I will say for some alternate persepectives:

When I was living on my own, and many, many miles from fambly, I volunteered to work those holidays both because others probably had bigger plans and I enjoyed earning extra pay for working on what end up being some slow days. Sure beat sitting at home microwaving some frozen entree or wasting the Sunday playing vidja games.

I generally don't go to the store those days, but so long as the companies are not forcing associates to cancel family plans to be at the store that day, it ain't that horrible.

I’ll say this, the workers certainly didn’t have an easy day yesterday.  We’ve got a Publix and Winn Dixie within a mile of each other.  It’s a tale of two stores.  The majority of people go to Publix but Winn Dixie certainly isn’t going out of business based off the parking lot.  I’m not even joking when I say this: when I go to WD, which is rare,it’s like the patrons are all zombies. The whole experience is is almost depressing.  Every time I go to Publix, I normally count how many hot moms I see there.  Very rarely is the number less than 5.  Anyway, that’s besides the point.  When I passed WD on the way home yesterday around 530, that parking lot was packed.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many cars there.

(04-17-2022, 03:13 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 09:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got this Blu-ray in the mail yesterday. Yes, I have seen it before many years ago but I must have been drunk or stoned because I totally forgotten what happens in most of the film. Now, I've seen Brando in many great roles, he is an excellent actorf from Hollywood's Golden Age. However, this movie seems to be nothing but 1950's anti-biker propaganda designed to scare the American public in to thinking that all bikers are nothing but trouble. That couldn't be any farther from the truth. And let me tell you, you couldn't find anyone that will cover your back more quickly if you need it except for Military veterans. In my almost 61 years on this plane of existence I've met a lot of great people, Bikers included. The ones I know are just mainly "Weekend Warriors" that ride for the shear enjoyment of it, it's their way of relieving stress and blowing off some steam after working all week. 99% of Bikers just love the freedon of the open road, the feel of the wind in their faces and hair, and the sense of belonging to a group that shares their interest. So, Ride to live and Live to Ride!

Dude…clean your keyboard! Laughing

If you ever have to urgently evacuate your house, just grab your keyboard.  The food tucked inside of the keys can last you for a few days until you get back on your feet again.

(04-18-2022, 04:40 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 03:13 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Dude…clean your keyboard! Laughing

If you ever have to urgently evacuate your house, just grab your keyboard.  The food tucked inside of the keys can last you for a few days until you get back on your feet again.

I’m bringing a work truck! The amount of money in the doors, left over snacks, and beverages given by clients, I’m fairly certain I can survive a week or so.  Not to mention the gear.  I can withstand heavy rain or cold temps with what they store in those trucks.

Today I ate my very first peanut butter and banana sandwich. I liked it a lot.

(04-18-2022, 08:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Today I ate my very first peanut butter and banana sandwich.  I liked it a lot.

Now add bacon.

(04-18-2022, 08:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Today I ate my very first peanut butter and banana sandwich.  I liked it a lot.

Now add bacon.

Then batter and deep-fry the whole thing.

Sprinkle in some quaaludes if you wanna go "full Elvis."