Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-21-2022, 06:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 06:00 PM)Jags Wrote: Since he brought up beer, how’s the beer girl, eh?(elbow nudge and wink)

OMG!!

Wasn't going to bring that up, but since you asked, Alexis and Haley are hawt, hawt, hawt!  They're the only two I've met.

I mean, if I were to notice something like that....

Years ago, maybe  4-6 yrs, we’d have our route in South Hampton. She apparently was on the same route and timeframe as us.  We’ve probably passed this woman about 20 times that year being in the right place at the right time.  She would always smile and wave as we passed.  Still not sure if she just assumed we were drunk lawn guys that were way out of her league, if she’d thought she’d make a few off us, or if she just knew I was hot. Pretty sure, if she wanted any of us then, it was me.  If I didn’t have a route or a wife, I would have stopped and probably got more than a beer.  There’s certainly a common denominator with those beer girls. I wouldn’t kick the ones I’ve seen out of bed for eating crackers, if you know what I mean.  But I don’t golf.  Small sample size.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I will be down in Alrington Virginia for the weekend. There is an event down there thru I group I'm with that I'm going to attend on Saturday night. The event is being held at an Irish Pub so I'll meet a few people and have a couple of drinks. Should be a fun time.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(04-22-2022, 08:15 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I will be down in Alrington Virginia for the weekend. There is an event down there thru I group I'm with that I'm going to attend on Saturday night. The event is being held at an Irish Pub so I'll meet a few people and have a couple of drinks. Should be a fun time.......

Will it be raining white, pasty, red headed men?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

On April 24, 1976, Saturday Night Live Executive Producer Lorne Michaels did a live piece offering The Beatles $3,000.00 to reunite on the show. The piece was mocking the full-page ads taken out in the New York Times offering the Beatles millions of dollars to reunite and play in Shea Stadium.
As it turns out, Paul and Linda McCartney were with John Lennon and Yoko Ono at Lennon's home in the Dakota Building in New York City watching the show.
Lennon and McCartney thought about taking a cab to the studio, but decided they were too tired.
It was the last time John Lennon and Paul McCartney ever saw each other, face to face.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Long day. Kid has a loose tooth. Had a couple beers and DO NOT drive after drinking. Apparently she’s been working this tooth like a mad woman. I usually have a good amount of cash in the safe. But after buying 1000 rounds from a family member that made an online order and something else I honestly don’t remember, and paying cash for a 2 day employee, the only denomination of cash I have left on hand is hundreds and fifty’s. My 7 yr old daughter decided to rip the tooth out! Brave girl! But [BLEEP]! Tooth fairy ain’t handing out hundos. I wonder what she’ll think when she gets a bagful of quarters. She can hurry up and quit believing in the tooth fairy.

(04-25-2022, 07:14 PM)Jags Wrote: Long day.  Kid has a loose tooth.  Had a couple beers and DO NOT drive after drinking.  Apparently she’s been working this tooth like a mad woman.  I usually have a good amount of cash in the safe.  But after buying 1000 rounds from a family member that made an online order  and something else I honestly don’t remember, and paying cash for a 2 day employee, the only denomination of cash I have left on hand is hundreds and fifty’s. My 7 yr old daughter decided to rip the tooth out! Brave girl! But [BLEEP]!  Tooth fairy ain’t handing out hundos.  I wonder what she’ll think when she gets a bagful of quarters. She can hurry up and quit believing in the tooth fairy.

Go to the gas station, buy a few packs of doublemint, 50cents and pack of gum is fine exchange rate for a toof

But yeah, I hear you on that one. For the longest time we were an all-cash household, but after the coof turned everything on its head we debit/credit or order online to minimize contacts and such.

protip: take a fiver and buy back the singles from the kid's piggy bank. when the singles run out, do it again. Just pray they don't mark their bills or they'll start suspecting the toof fairy of robbing mom and dad to buy her teef

A cautionary tale of using your cellphone in an outhouse in a national park while alone. Sounds like something from the Scary Movie franchise. Lol.

Link

(04-26-2022, 02:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: A cautionary tale of using your cellphone in an outhouse in a national park while alone. Sounds like something from the Scary Movie franchise. Lol.

Link

I’d be like…opps, time to get a new phone cuz I’m never touching that one again anyway!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-26-2022, 03:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 02:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: A cautionary tale of using your cellphone in an outhouse in a national park while alone. Sounds like something from the Scary Movie franchise. Lol.

Link

I’d be like…opps, time to get a new phone cuz I’m never touching that one again anyway!

No kidding!

(04-26-2022, 03:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Link

Ya know? I wouldn't even consider retrieving it.

(04-26-2022, 03:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’d be like…opps, time to get a new phone cuz I’m never touching that one again anyway!

Wouldn’t even cross my mind either!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 07:36 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2022, 03:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’d be like…opps, time to get a new phone cuz I’m never touching that one again anyway!

I know what an outhouse is.  But compared to a port-a- [BLEEP], the port-a- [BLEEP] get cleaned an an out house does not, correct?  Yeah,   It can have my phone. Both of them.  You can’t pay me enough to try to get that back.

(04-26-2022, 09:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:14 PM)Jags Wrote: Long day.  Kid has a loose tooth.  Had a couple beers and DO NOT drive after drinking.  Apparently she’s been working this tooth like a mad woman.  I usually have a good amount of cash in the safe.  But after buying 1000 rounds from a family member that made an online order  and something else I honestly don’t remember, and paying cash for a 2 day employee, the only denomination of cash I have left on hand is hundreds and fifty’s. My 7 yr old daughter decided to rip the tooth out! Brave girl! But [BLEEP]!  Tooth fairy ain’t handing out hundos.  I wonder what she’ll think when she gets a bagful of quarters. She can hurry up and quit believing in the tooth fairy.

Go to the gas station, buy a few packs of doublemint, 50cents and pack of gum is fine exchange rate for a toof

But yeah, I hear you on that one. For the longest time we were an all-cash household, but after the coof turned everything on its head we debit/credit or order online to minimize contacts and such.

protip: take a fiver and buy back the singles from the kid's piggy bank. when the singles run out, do it again. Just pray they don't mark their bills or they'll start suspecting the toof fairy of robbing mom and dad to buy her teef

I’ll keep that in mind in the future.   But my kid just may catch on.  Like mom and I, she’s pretty observant and smart.  Normally I keep cash, mainly for a what if, or what I need cash to buy something I didn’t anticipate/ blowout bag type deal.  As it turned out I had a bunch of those in short order and didn’t have the opportunity or chance to replenish when this happened. I also have been caught up with work here recently.  I knew she had a loose tooth, but normally it lasts a week or so. So she caught  me off guard being a bad [BLEEP].   I could have bought the used car on the  the side of the road, but couldn’t buy a damn tooth.

(04-26-2022, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ya know? I wouldn't even consider retrieving it.

I know what an outhouse is.  But compared to a port-a- [BLEEP], the port-a- [BLEEP] get cleaned an an out house does not, correct?  Yeah,   It can have my phone. Both of them.  You can’t pay me enough to try to get that back.

Yep, just a big [BLEEP] filled hole in the ground I believe.

I’ve made mention to this before. But I’ve had issues with the law in the past. I was arrested for a violent crime I simply didn’t commit. The one and only thing I was guilty of that night eluded the cops. Drinking and driving. I was in my early twenties. Drank my [BLEEP] off from about 9am to 9pm while fishing with friends and just being idiots on wide open and vast pieces of property. I wrecked my truck on the way home. A wreck that if you saw the pics you’d wonder how I survived. A wreck, in which as it happened, I let go the wheel and took my foot off the pedals and asked to be taken quickly. As luck would have it, I didn’t die. But found myself facing upwards to 20 years in prison. I was out a week later after a dismissal. Thank god! As it turned out, it cost me a good job I had 5 years with yet turned out to be the best thing that happened in my life. Considering the offense involved a firearm, I sold pretty much all the firearms I had since I needed money. Between guilt, hatred towards myself, embarrassment, and a loss of of all my friends(I broke all the bridges from that time period) and a big thank you for a second chance, I learned a lot. I lived in Nassau county at the time and they took the firearm in question. Shortly after I started a business since I don’t have a job. Didn’t know the first thing about mowing lawns. 16 years later, I’ve created a business and took that as a learning opportunity and grew up. That business turned out to be successful. I recently received my ccw in the mail. Something I always wanted yet ashamed to achieve. Not even a week later I get a certified letter in the mail. It’s from Nassau county sheriffs department. Sure, they’re cops, but I don’t know how they got my address in ST johns. Heart drops. As it turns out, it’s a letter asking me to come in and claim the firearm that has caused me so much embarrassment, and self ridicule over the last decade and a half. I want no part of that life I lived them. But after talking to my dad (33+ years in law enforcement and the military background). He suggested to claim it. This is the abridged version, but hopefully it helps someone. I don’t tell anyone my story. I’m ashamed of it. After passing the background (surprise, I’ve got my ccw) this is not an item I want in my possession. I want no part of those days. Still trying to figure it out considering the timing. I suppose it’s come full circle. And I should let go. Maybe I’m being told something. Thanks for listening. I just had to get it off my chest. Better to say it behind the internet than in person. And for some reason I’ve got watery eyes typing it. But it feels good to let it out.

^^^^ Dude, we all have our burdens from the past. I'm glad you shared yours. I have some doozies myself, one or two of which will go to the crematorium with me when the time comes. Those are between me and the Big Guy. 

Not a single person escapes this life without baggage they should unpack but so many never do and they live with those burdens because they fear rejection. If we ever meet in person you will tell me this story again and you will still have a friend.

It sounds like your life has come full circle, congratulations.  An admission like that is a big step in the healing process, even with the anonymity of the internet.  

I'd suggest claiming the weapon. You'll probably feel embarrassed when doing so but remember it's rightfully yours and you have the legal right to possess it.  It's ironic that something which almost ruined your life was perhaps the catalyst for your success today.  Keep it, sell it, give it away or just dig a hole and bury it, it doesn't matter, do whatever feels right.  You don't have to worry about it being a connection to "those days" because that person no longer exists.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-26-2022, 08:50 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve made mention to this before.  But I’ve had issues with the law in the past.  I was arrested for a violent crime I simply didn’t commit.  The one and only thing I was guilty of that night eluded the cops. Drinking and driving.  I was in my early twenties.  Drank my [BLEEP] off from about 9am to 9pm while fishing with friends and just being idiots on wide open and vast pieces of property.  I wrecked my truck on the way home. A wreck that if you saw the pics you’d wonder how I survived. A wreck, in which as it happened, I let go the wheel and took my foot off the pedals and asked to be taken quickly.  As luck would have it, I didn’t die.  But found myself facing upwards to 20 years in prison.  I was out a week later after a dismissal.  Thank god!  As it turned out, it cost me a good job I had 5 years with yet turned out to be the best thing that happened in my life.  Considering the offense involved a firearm, I sold pretty much all the firearms I had since I needed money. Between guilt, hatred towards myself, embarrassment, and a loss of of all my friends(I broke all the bridges from that time period)  and a big thank you for a second chance, I learned a lot.  I lived in Nassau county at the time and they took the firearm in question.  Shortly after I started a business since I don’t have a job.  Didn’t know the first thing about mowing lawns.  16 years later, I’ve created a business and took that as a learning opportunity and grew up. That business turned out to be successful. I recently received my ccw in the mail.  Something I always wanted yet ashamed to achieve.  Not even a week later I get a certified letter in the mail. It’s from Nassau county sheriffs department.  Sure, they’re cops, but I don’t know how they got my address in ST johns.  Heart drops.  As it turns out, it’s a letter asking me to come in and claim the firearm that has caused me so much embarrassment, and self ridicule over the last decade and a half.  I want no part of that life I lived them. But after talking to my dad (33+ years in law enforcement and the military background). He suggested to claim it.  This is the abridged version, but hopefully it helps someone.  I don’t tell anyone my story.  I’m ashamed of it. After passing the background (surprise, I’ve got my ccw) this is not an item I want in my possession.  I want no part of those days. Still trying to figure it out considering the timing.  I suppose it’s come full circle.  And I should let go. Maybe I’m being told something.  Thanks for listening.  I just had to get it off my chest. Better to say it behind the internet than in person.  And for some reason I’ve got watery eyes typing it.  But it feels good to let it out.

First, I think I speak for everyone here saying we appreciate your honesty, even though there's anonymity here it's still tough to unearth our most embarrassing secrets. I'm glad that something pretty bad resulted in something pretty good. Congratulations for being able to learn from a mistake and grow through that process.

If you're not inclined to claim, I'd talk with the sheriff's office to find out what will happen if it goes unclaimed; I'd assume it goes to auction? I'm curious if proceeds would go to something like the sheriff's Boys' Ranch, or if you could designate something like that. That, or see if ranges nearby would accept it as a donation for them to use as a loaner/training tool? I dunno.

In the end, it's your decision, go with the path that leaves you feeling best about yourself.

I really do appreciate the support guys. Thank you.

It is done. Had butterflies on the way up. Got home, I actually feel pretty good. Like I can finally get that monkey off my back. I even caught myself smiling.

To answer your question, Mikey, they “dispose of or destroy” it if you don’t claim with 60 days. I honestly wouldn’t have cared if that was the case. I even had a buyer lined up. But I’m not sure what I’ll do with it. I wasn’t expecting to feel this way.

(04-26-2022, 08:50 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve made mention to this before.  But I’ve had issues with the law in the past.  I was arrested for a violent crime I simply didn’t commit.  The one and only thing I was guilty of that night eluded the cops. Drinking and driving.  I was in my early twenties.  Drank my [BLEEP] off from about 9am to 9pm while fishing with friends and just being idiots on wide open and vast pieces of property.  I wrecked my truck on the way home. A wreck that if you saw the pics you’d wonder how I survived. A wreck, in which as it happened, I let go the wheel and took my foot off the pedals and asked to be taken quickly.  As luck would have it, I didn’t die.  But found myself facing upwards to 20 years in prison.  I was out a week later after a dismissal.  Thank god!  As it turned out, it cost me a good job I had 5 years with yet turned out to be the best thing that happened in my life.  Considering the offense involved a firearm, I sold pretty much all the firearms I had since I needed money. Between guilt, hatred towards myself, embarrassment, and a loss of of all my friends(I broke all the bridges from that time period)  and a big thank you for a second chance, I learned a lot.  I lived in Nassau county at the time and they took the firearm in question.  Shortly after I started a business since I don’t have a job.  Didn’t know the first thing about mowing lawns.  16 years later, I’ve created a business and took that as a learning opportunity and grew up. That business turned out to be successful. I recently received my ccw in the mail.  Something I always wanted yet ashamed to achieve.  Not even a week later I get a certified letter in the mail. It’s from Nassau county sheriffs department.  Sure, they’re cops, but I don’t know how they got my address in ST johns.  Heart drops.  As it turns out, it’s a letter asking me to come in and claim the firearm that has caused me so much embarrassment, and self ridicule over the last decade and a half.  I want no part of that life I lived them. But after talking to my dad (33+ years in law enforcement and the military background). He suggested to claim it.  This is the abridged version, but hopefully it helps someone.  I don’t tell anyone my story.  I’m ashamed of it. After passing the background (surprise, I’ve got my ccw) this is not an item I want in my possession.  I want no part of those days. Still trying to figure it out considering the timing.  I suppose it’s come full circle.  And I should let go. Maybe I’m being told something.  Thanks for listening.  I just had to get it off my chest. Better to say it behind the internet than in person.  And for some reason I’ve got watery eyes typing it.  But it feels good to let it out.

In large degree, our lives are determined by luck.  I'm sure many of us, including me, have done things that could have killed us or gotten us in a life-changing amount of trouble.  So to you I say, it could have been me and not you.  Anyway, you overcame your bad luck.  That's pretty admirable.