Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(05-20-2022, 08:06 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: pigveg.jpg]

Who doesn't love bacon ?????

Is that Allyssa Milano??
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-12-2022, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 10:01 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Off to Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning for five nights and five rounds of golf.  I'll be seeing some really good friends, some that I haven't seen in many years and we'll be pretending we're 35 again.  If I don't survive, it was nice knowing everybody.

Good luck, and don't forget to hydrate!

Obviously I survived.  I definitely cannot party like I used to.  I was spent by the middle of the 4th day...and I still had a round and a half to go.  Some was probably self-induced.  Since this was the first year that I didn't drive, I may have had a bit too much to drink on the first day/night.

And, unfortunately, there is video evidence.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-21-2022, 08:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good luck, and don't forget to hydrate!

Obviously I survived.  I definitely cannot party like I used to.  I was spent by the middle of the 4th day...and I still had a round and a half to go.  Some was probably self-induced.  Since this was the first year that I didn't drive, I may have had a bit too much to drink on the first day/night.

LOL
Glad you made it out alive. Hope you had a few fun rounds of golf mixed in there somewhere.

(05-21-2022, 08:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good luck, and don't forget to hydrate!

It's on TikTok now. Perhaps you should have used a king-sized sheet rather than a twin for a toga. Just sayin'.

(05-21-2022, 09:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 08:54 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Obviously I survived.  I definitely cannot party like I used to.  I was spent by the middle of the 4th day...and I still had a round and a half to go.  Some was probably self-induced.  Since this was the first year that I didn't drive, I may have had a bit too much to drink on the first day/night.

It's on TikTok now. Perhaps you should have used a king-sized sheet rather than a twin for a toga. Just sayin'.

It wasn't quite that bad.  I was jokingly going on and on about my duties as marshal and starter.  But it was quite evident that I had far too many cocktails.  There was lots of slurring, swaying, and exaggerated hand gestures.  

There's also the issue of this large bruise on my hip.  I'm assuming it must have happened that night since that was the only time I went crazy.  Given the shape and height of the bruise, I'm assuming I had a run-in with the kitchen countertop at some point in the evening.

Either that, or somebody slugged me with a 2x4.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Never, EVER, pour your grease down the drain….unless of course you’re draining your ground beef or sausage after browning it. Then, apparently, it’s totally okay.

(05-23-2022, 05:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Never, EVER, pour your grease down the drain….unless of course you’re draining your ground beef or sausage after browning it.  Then, apparently, it’s totally okay.

the drain is for motor oil, duh.

(05-24-2022, 08:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 05:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Never, EVER, pour your grease down the drain….unless of course you’re draining your ground beef or sausage after browning it.  Then, apparently, it’s totally okay.

the drain is for motor oil, duh.

You should save the motor oil for the dry patches in the yard.  Keeps the dust down when you're mowing!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-24-2022, 01:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 08:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: the drain is for motor oil, duh.

You should save the motor oil for the dry patches in the yard.  Keeps the dust down when you're mowing!

no joke, a lot of the places where I lived in southern OH would spray spent oil on dirt roads for this very purpose.

And yes, dirt roads = well water, I'll leave you to handle the math on that genius strategy.

Ever read a book that was so astonishing that you had to pause between chapters just to reflect on what you've just read? 

Has anyone ever heard of the Glomar Explorer? It was a ship built and financed by the CIA under the auspices of a Howard Hughes ocean mining enterprise in the early 70s to retrieve a sunken Soviet missile submarine. I had read and seen on TV over the years that it was a mostly failed mission. Not so. It was completely successful. But this is only partially what the book covers. I had never given much thought about the Soviet submarine itself, K-129, or how we came to learn about it. The fact of the matter is, we found it and surveyed the wreckage for over a month while taking over 22,000 high quality photographs with a then state-of-the-art underwater submersible suspended 3 miles below a top-secret nuclear submarine years before the Glomar Explorer mission.

Did you know the world was nearly plunged into nuclear Armageddon by a rogue Russian submarine and was only thwarted by a fail-safe device which destroyed not only the missile but the submarine attempting to launch it? Or that Henry Kissinger and Richard Nixon used this event as leverage for diplomatic success with Russia and China? What an incredible tale of intrigue. 

Amazon.com: Red Star Rogue: The Untold Story of a Soviet Submarine's Nuclear Strike Attempt on the U.S. eBook : Sewell, Kenneth, Richmond, Clint: Kindle Store

Anyone else remember Columbia House and getting bunches of CD's for like a penny?

Phil Collins: Serious Hits Live
George Therogood & The Destroyers Greatest Hits
ZZ Top: Eliminator
Jimmy Buffet: Songs You Know By Heart
Ratt: Out of the Cellar

I think I still owe them like $50 from like 30+ years ago lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 06:49 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-24-2022, 06:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else remember Columbia House and getting bunches of CD's for like a penny?

Phil Collins: Serious Hits Live
George Therogood & The Destroyers Greatest Hits
ZZ Top: Eliminator
Jimmy Buffet: Songs You Know By Heart
Ratt: Out of the Cellar

I think I still owe them like $50 from like 30+ years ago lolol

Haha. My wife did that when she was almost 20 years younger and a lot hotter.  I remember she bought a ton of [BLEEP].  And a few you mentioned

(05-24-2022, 02:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ever read a book that was so astonishing that you had to pause between chapters just to reflect on what you've just read? 

Has anyone ever heard of the Glomar Explorer? It was a ship built and financed by the CIA under the auspices of a Howard Hughes ocean mining enterprise in the early 70s to retrieve a sunken Soviet missile submarine. I had read and seen on TV over the years that it was a mostly failed mission. Not so. It was completely successful. But this is only partially what the book covers. I had never given much thought about the Soviet submarine itself, K-129, or how we came to learn about it. The fact of the matter is, we found it and surveyed the wreckage for over a month while taking over 22,000 high quality photographs with a then state-of-the-art underwater submersible suspended 3 miles below a top-secret nuclear submarine years before the Glomar Explorer mission.

Did you know the world was nearly plunged into nuclear Armageddon by a rogue Russian submarine and was only thwarted by a fail-safe device which destroyed not only the missile but the submarine attempting to launch it? Or that Henry Kissinger and Richard Nixon used this event as leverage for diplomatic success with Russia and China? What an incredible tale of intrigue. 

Amazon.com: Red Star Rogue: The Untold Story of a Soviet Submarine's Nuclear Strike Attempt on the U.S. eBook : Sewell, Kenneth, Richmond, Clint: Kindle Store

I spent my high school years avoiding that at all costs.

Yup. Good stuff!! I was going through my playlist, saw those and remembered Columbia House lol

I hope there's like a statute of limitations for delinquent accounts lol

And I didn't use the quote feature cause I heard it pisses Marty off

Between them and limewire…

That’s all I gotta say.

Sorry Marty

(05-24-2022, 07:03 PM)Jags Wrote: Between them and limewire…

That’s all I gotta say. 

Sorry Marty

Napster.. Before the Lars meltdown lol

I figured I'd cut Marty a little slack before he goes off the reservation..

(05-24-2022, 07:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:03 PM)Jags Wrote: Between them and limewire…

That’s all I gotta say. 

Sorry Marty

Napster.. Before the Lars meltdown lol

Haha, I remember Metallica having issues with Napster.  Man, brings back some times.  

It’s really hard behind the anonymity of the internet not to push one’s buttons.  No offense to him, but if he’s gonna open up about not quoting… he’s inviting it. No hard feeling, at least on my part…

(05-24-2022, 07:22 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Napster.. Before the Lars meltdown lol

Haha, I remember Metallica having issues with Napster.  Man, brings back some times.  

It’s really hard behind the anonymity of the internet not to push one’s buttons.  No offense to him, but if he’s gonna open up about not quoting… he’s inviting it. No hard feeling, at least on my part…

Eh.. Marty's ok.. He reminds me of that one kid a long time ago who was always trying to join in on your circle of friends and the circle would let him in and always treat him like trash for their own amusement lolol

Wedgies, pickin on his mom..

Think Steve Carell (sp?) in the movie Dinner with Schmucks lol

(05-24-2022, 07:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Haha, I remember Metallica having issues with Napster.  Man, brings back some times.  

Eh.. Marty's ok.. He reminds me of that one kid a long time ago who was always trying to join in on your circle of friends and the circle would let him in and always treat him like trash for their own amusement lolol

Wedgies, pickin on his mom..

Think Steve Carell (sp?) in the movie Dinner with Schmucks lol
I don’t mind him.  I may not agree with him on the other forums, but at least he believes in it and has thought out opinions.  I respect the guy, I really do.  I’m pretty sure I know exactly who he is referring to on the quote thing and I can’t exactly blame him.  It does get confusing.  But what kind of man would I be if I didn’t bust his balls a bit in not quoting someone? 
I’m not gonna take his lunch money, but I’ll will rub it in.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 11:26 PM by The Drifter. Edited 2 times in total.)

Went to my Favorite Tavern today for lunch and a few drinks, had a blast..... Here's a pic of it. That's my bartender friend Carmi in the black, and I'm on the right in the blue... today was fun to say the least......

[Image: 280847560_1713713365645949_2560258202676471586_n.jpg]

Now you know what The Drifter looks like in Drag...... Not bad for being 61 if I do say so myself.... LOL

And yes, it's a straight working mans type Tavern, not a gay bar.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

If this thread were to ever have an end, it should end here lolololol