Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-12-2022, 11:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I just spent the last 2 hours browsing Amazon for Prime Day..

Nothing but gar-bage.. sad..

Yeah, Prime Day is nothing more than a garage sale for Amazon to move the junk no one wants anyway but know there’s a segment of people who will buy anything if it’s on sale.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022, 08:05 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I appreciate the concern.  But Mike  pulled through.  I’m out and he also smuggled in a 42 yellow fin.  I’m off to Brazil boys!  Go Jags!  Both of us.  I hear you can mow all year round down there!

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022, 08:58 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

I was just sittin here thinkin.. my wife and I had fish for dinner tonight. Beautiful cuts of Gordon Fisherman fishsticks, and it dawned on me, I'm sitting there eating fish, while the fish in the fishtank are just glaring at me..

I mean, what if we were the pets in a fishtank, while we watched fish eat peoplesticks?

Good strain tonight..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-12-2022, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I appreciate the concern.  But Mike  pulled through.  I’m out and he also smuggled in a 42 yellow fin.  I’m off to Brazil boys!  Go Jags!  Both of us.  I hear you can mow all year round down there!

I don't believe "Brazilian cut" is a lawn reference.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-12-2022, 09:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 08:05 PM)Jags Wrote: I appreciate the concern.  But Mike  pulled through.  I’m out and he also smuggled in a 42 yellow fin.  I’m off to Brazil boys!  Go Jags!  Both of us.  I hear you can mow all year round down there!

I don't believe "Brazilian cut" is a lawn reference.
I’ll trim some bushes if I have to.

[Image: warm.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-12-2022, 08:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I was just sittin here thinkin.. my wife and I had fish for dinner tonight. Beautiful cuts of Gordon Fisherman fishsticks, and it dawned on me, I'm sitting there eating fish, while the fish in the fishtank are just glaring at me..

I mean, what if we were the pets in a fishtank, while we watched fish eat peoplesticks?

Good strain tonight..

as long as the fish kept going to the store to get more peoplemeat, I would be ok with that arrangement.

Now, if George suddenly went missing on people night, I'd start to panic.

My wife made me Jamacian Beef Patties in gravy tonight.. Damn good..

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 09:52 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

I've been a Swamp Thing fan for a very long time. It started around 1985 when I wandered in to a Brainstorm Comics here in Frederick. The owner, Danny Webb was someone that I have known for a while (We did not hang out socially, I just knew him from his previous job at Harmony Hut) and we got to talking a little bit. Well, he thought that I just might like the Graphic Novel Swamp Thing. At the time, it was written by a writer by the name of Allan Moore so I bought a few back issues to check it out. I loved it to say the least and was hooked on his writing style so... it became a monthly trip to get the newest issue. Anyway, I saw this DVD set on eBay and ordered it. I came to find out it was a very short lived TV show that the ratings were so bad they didn't even show it til it's completion (10 episodes) I popped the 1st disc in (It's a 3 disc set) and I couldn't stop watching until I watched all 10 45 minute episodes. So I pretty much had a very long night last night.... LOL. I'll say one thing for the writers, they did stay true to the origins of the characters which is always good. The story line was fantastic, and I thought that the production was great. The filming and they way it was produced, well, it was a little bit X-Filie-ish (Not that that is a bad thing because I am a big time X-Files Fan too) but still very good, it did keep you on the edge of your seat and very interested in the story line.

[Image: Swampthing.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-14-2022, 09:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I've been a Swamp Thing fan for a very long time. It started around 1985 when I wandered in to a Brainstorm Comics here in Frederick. The owner, Danny Webb was someone that I have known for a while (We did not hang out socially, I just knew him from his previous job at Harmony Hut) and we got to talking a little bit. Well, he thought that I just might like the Graphic Novel Swamp Thing. At the time, it was written by a writer by the name of Allan Moore so I bought a few back issues to check it out. I loved it to say the least and was hooked on his writing style so... it became a monthly trip to get the newest issue. Anyway, I saw this DVD set on eBay and ordered it. I came to find out it was a very short lived TV show that the ratings were so bad they didn't even show it til it's completion (10 episodes) I popped the 1st disc in (It's a 3 disc set) and I couldn't stop watching until I watched all 10 45 minute episodes. So I pretty much had a very long night last night.... LOL. I'll say one thing for the writers, they did stay true to the origins of the characters which is always good. The story line was fantastic, and I thought that the production was great. The filming and they way it was produced, well, it was a little bit X-Filie-ish (Not that that is a bad thing because I am a big time X-Files Fan too) but still very good, it did keep you on the edge of your seat and very interested in the story line.

I like the 1982 version..

Adrienne Barbeau was so ugly she was hot.. Weird, right?

(07-14-2022, 10:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 09:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I've been a Swamp Thing fan for a very long time. It started around 1985 when I wandered in to a Brainstorm Comics here in Frederick. The owner, Danny Webb was someone that I have known for a while (We did not hang out socially, I just knew him from his previous job at Harmony Hut) and we got to talking a little bit. Well, he thought that I just might like the Graphic Novel Swamp Thing. At the time, it was written by a writer by the name of Allan Moore so I bought a few back issues to check it out. I loved it to say the least and was hooked on his writing style so... it became a monthly trip to get the newest issue. Anyway, I saw this DVD set on eBay and ordered it. I came to find out it was a very short lived TV show that the ratings were so bad they didn't even show it til it's completion (10 episodes) I popped the 1st disc in (It's a 3 disc set) and I couldn't stop watching until I watched all 10 45 minute episodes. So I pretty much had a very long night last night.... LOL. I'll say one thing for the writers, they did stay true to the origins of the characters which is always good. The story line was fantastic, and I thought that the production was great. The filming and they way it was produced, well, it was a little bit X-Filie-ish (Not that that is a bad thing because I am a big time X-Files Fan too) but still very good, it did keep you on the edge of your seat and very interested in the story line.

In other words, she had really big bewbs.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-14-2022, 10:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

That version is still available on Amazon.... I'll have to check it out....

(07-14-2022, 11:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 10:27 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I like the 1982 version..

In other words, she had really big bewbs.   Banana

Yes.. yes she did lolol

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 11:34 AM by The Drifter.)

(07-14-2022, 11:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 11:00 AM)RicoTx Wrote: In other words, she had really big bewbs.   Banana

Yes.. yes she did lolol

Adrienne Barbeau had really big bewbs in Escape From New York Too...... She almost busted out of that dress she was wearing....... LOL

(07-14-2022, 11:33 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 11:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yes.. yes she did lolol

Adrienne Barbeau had really big bewbs in Escape From New York Too...... She almost busted out of that dress she was wearing....... LOL

She was great in The Fog too.. 

The reboot sucked..

New sign on my wall behind the bar...... It speaks the truth........

[Image: IMG_0610__2_.JPG]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2022, 10:05 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Blue Bell ice cream has introduced a new flavor, Oatmeal Cream Pie. Oh. My. Gawd. It tastes exactly like an oatmeal cream pie because it has pieces of pie in it. You get that nice chewy oatmeal texture along with the ice cream. It's absolutely superb. 

It's going to be a problem for me, I just know it. 

Blue Bell's New Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream Is a Childhood Dream Come True (yahoo.com)

[Image: HVUKVJ7ZXJHQLEHO26PLDWDCVA.jpg]

(07-21-2022, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Blue Bell ice cream has introduced a new flavor, Oatmeal Cream Pie. Oh. My. Gawd. It tastes exactly like an oatmeal cream pie because it has pieces of pie in it. You get that nice chewy oatmeal texture along with the ice cream. It's absolutely superb. 

It's going to be a problem for me, I just know it. 

Blue Bell's New Oatmeal Cream Pie Ice Cream Is a Childhood Dream Come True (yahoo.com)

[Image: HVUKVJ7ZXJHQLEHO26PLDWDCVA.jpg]
GTFO

WHY HAS IT TAKEN SO LONG

Well that was a trip...... I was standing out front of my Hotel in DC where I've been the last few days and the Presidential motorcade came screaming by..... It was preceded by about 10 mtorcycle cops, then a few support vehicles, then "The Beast" followed by a couple more support vehicles. They were in a hurry too, looked liked they were racing in the Daytona 500.........

(07-22-2022, 09:35 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Well that was a trip...... I was standing out front of my Hotel in DC where I've been the last few days and the Presidential motorcade came screaming by..... It was preceded by about 10 mtorcycle cops, then a few support  vehicles, then "The Beast" followed by a couple more support  vehicles. They were in a hurry too, looked liked they were racing in the Daytona 500.........

Joe had to go. The Secret Service didn’t want another Vatican moment.