Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 01:24 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Played my 21st free round since I started working at the course.  At $55 a pop I’ve already save myself over $1000 since I started ‘working’ there.  I’m even improving.  I’ve had mid80s five times and haven’t been over 100 for months.

Course is Iron Horse in North Richland Hills if you want to peek.  It’s been in great shape which is amazing considering how hot and dry it’s been.  It’s been over a month since it’s rained and we’ve had 23 100+ degree days since summer started.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

8 more weeks of PT.. I'm on countdown mode..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-22-2022, 01:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Played my 21st free round since I started working at the course.  At $55 a pop I’ve already save myself over $1000 since I started ‘working’ there.  I’m even improving.  I’ve had mid80s five times and haven’t been over 100 for months.

Course is Iron Horse in North Richland Hills if you want to peek.  It’s been in great shape which is amazing considering how hot and dry it’s been.  It’s been over a month since it’s rained and we’ve had 23 100+ degree days since summer started.

This makes me question why you still live there.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2022, 09:28 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(07-23-2022, 06:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 01:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Played my 21st free round since I started working at the course.  At $55 a pop I’ve already save myself over $1000 since I started ‘working’ there.  I’m even improving.  I’ve had mid80s five times and haven’t been over 100 for months.

If that is his hell, you can say it’s heavenly.  

I guess.. I think golf is dum dums   But I understand old people like it.  I like old people though.  They good people.

100 Degrees no thanks will pass on it. Hot weather in particular my least favorite season, summer and I do not mix. Sorry for those that love summer.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(07-23-2022, 09:46 PM)Passepartout Wrote: 100 Degrees no thanks will pass on it. Hot weather in particular my least favorite season, summer and I do not mix. Sorry for those that love summer.

Even those of us who love summer don't like 100° days.

Just got some depressing news..... A friend of mine that I have known since the 5th grade just informed me he has cancer... He didn't specify what type and said he was having a CT scan next week. I only hope for his sake that they have caught it early and something can be done about it. I'm only 61 now and have lost too many friends and family members over the years..... I guess it's part of getting older but it still rough to take.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quite frankly, I’d like to get the hell out and move to western PA.  I don’t want to say Pittsburgh, because it really isn’t.  It’s 35 miles SE and isn’t that far off from a NC kind of area.  But every time I bring it up WWIII erupts.  Which is kind of weird because she was the one that vehemently was against moving to TX in the first place.  If nothing else, I’d save $500 a month on property taxes.  I’d literally cut my living expenses in half.  Not to mention, all of her family is in that area.  So I’m really confused.  We go up for 10 days over Labor Day.  I’ll approach it again then.  I’d like to have an estate sale, dump everything (except the dogs), and start ‘fresh’.  If you never hear from me again, you’ll know I talked to her about it again.

It's a "dry heat".  LOL.  I didn't really understand how humidity has an effect on the "feels like" conditions until I moved to Florida.  In winter in Florida 45 "feels like" 25 to most of us.  The same can be said for the heat.  I grew up in New Mexico and I can tell you there is a huge difference between being out in the sun and being in the shade.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dry heat, humid hest. It's all hot and nasty. I remember my year at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio and the summer was brutal. They had us down to wearing our PTs as uniform of the day it was so hot. I do not like summer and thank God I live in NC where it can get hot and humid but not for as long as in FL (months) and it's usually a week or so then it calms down for a few weeks before it ramps up again.

When I was stationed in the Central Valley of California, I worked a second job in a warehouse. Even though the temperature in the summertime would climb into triple digits on occasion, the only time I ever became bathed in sweat was working inside a truck trailer where there was little air flow. The low humidity provided quick evaporation. And as JIB said, the shade of a light pole would provide relief. You see a lot of swamp coolers there because they can be effective until it gets up in the 90s. I'll take dry heat any day over humid heat.

I wonder if they spilled the beer.

Whale lands on boat off Massachusetts coast in ‘insane’ moment caught on video (msn.com)
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-25-2022, 07:24 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I wonder if they spilled the beer.

Whale lands on boat off Massachusetts coast in ‘insane’ moment caught on video (msn.com)

The whale flipped them off.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 10:44 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Chinese launched a 20 ton segment to their orbiting station. They docked it within 13 hours of launch and entered it within 20 hours of launch. Impressive.

https://spacenews.com/second-module-dock...-in-orbit/

(07-24-2022, 08:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 06:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This makes me question why you still live there.

Quite frankly, I’d like to get the hell out and move to western PA.  I don’t want to say Pittsburgh, because it really isn’t.  It’s 35 miles SE and isn’t that far off from a NC kind of area.  But every time I bring it up WWIII erupts.  Which is kind of weird because she was the one that vehemently was against moving to TX in the first place.  If nothing else, I’d save $500 a month on property taxes.  I’d literally cut my living expenses in half.  Not to mention, all of her family is in that area.  So I’m really confused.  We go up for 10 days over Labor Day.  I’ll approach it again then.  I’d like to have an estate sale, dump everything (except the dogs), and start ‘fresh’.  If you never hear from me again, you’ll know I talked to her about it again.

And that’s your answer right there!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I’ve learned not to [BLEEP] about the heat. Anytime I ever did the reply I got from my dad was “You haven’t experienced heat until you’ve been to Vietnam. Uh… thank you dad for bettering my childhood more than you had. As well as serving the country. Im in a better position thanks to your apparent miserable time at war. All I can say is heat is relative, father. And the heat I’m experiencing is obviously on the higher side that “I” have had to endure…. Thanks again, btw if I didn’t mention that earlier. Is this a good time to remind you that you’re on blood thinners, thus making it feel slightly better to you? No? Ok.

Yeah, I just keep my mouth shut now

Conspiracy Theory time..

I'm firmly starting to believe this one.. I'm starting to think that Taco Bell uses a specific system for their drive thru portion of the restaurant. I think that no matter what you order, you're going to get the wrong items..

Now, hear me out.. What if they just make random foods and throw it in your bag and weigh the bag before they hand it to you.. Like, they have a scale system of some sorts. If you purchase $10 worth of food, they start loading random food into your bag until it reaches $10 worth it's weight in Taco Bell..

Thoughts?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-25-2022, 09:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Conspiracy Theory time..

I'm firmly starting to believe this one.. I'm starting to think that Taco Bell uses a specific system for their drive thru portion of the restaurant. I think that no matter what you order, you're going to get the wrong items..

Now, hear me out.. What if they just make random foods and throw it in your bag and weigh the bag before they hand it to you.. Like, they have a scale system of some sorts. If you purchase $10 worth of food, they start loading random food into your bag until it reaches $10 worth it's weight in Taco Bell..

Thoughts?

Pretty sure this is how some Burger Kings in Jax operate.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

When you hire 10/ hr people that can’t get a job elsewhere, it’s like playing roulette with your food.

(07-25-2022, 01:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 08:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Quite frankly, I’d like to get the hell out and move to western PA.  I don’t want to say Pittsburgh, because it really isn’t.  It’s 35 miles SE and isn’t that far off from a NC kind of area.  But every time I bring it up WWIII erupts.  Which is kind of weird because she was the one that vehemently was against moving to TX in the first place.  If nothing else, I’d save $500 a month on property taxes.  I’d literally cut my living expenses in half.  Not to mention, all of her family is in that area.  So I’m really confused.  We go up for 10 days over Labor Day.  I’ll approach it again then.  I’d like to have an estate sale, dump everything (except the dogs), and start ‘fresh’.  If you never hear from me again, you’ll know I talked to her about it again.

And that’s your answer right there!

If it was me and my family, I’d be on board with that reasoning. But she’s very close to her family.